2897Re: CGW Donation to the Helen Larson Collection at FIDM

  • Ganntours
    Nov 18, 2012
      I like the idea of the donation to such a worthwhile endeavor.  Where I take exception is to the implication that we are, or will become, a "professional" association.  While I know we have many professional costumers among our membership the CGW was created to embrace ALL skill levels and share our knowledge with each other.  I believe any attempt to become exclusively one type of membership or another would be a disservice to the group as a whole.  There are several organizations in existance for professionals, we need to be welcoming to all costumers, no matter where they are on their journey. Remember Costume College's thought process - everyone has something to learn and everyone has something to teach.

      G. Ann Mitschek
      Past President - CGW, Inc.
      Member - I.A.T.S.E., Local 705

      Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone.
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic