2853Re: Need suggestions for repairing fake leather :(

  • ObiShawn
    Oct 2, 2012
      If it is "skin" and not "suede" style, i've had good luck with vinyl/leather repair kits used for auto seats. match the color, fill in the tear, match the texture with the included swatches, then let cure. there will always be a seam, but you usually have to look hard to find it. The cleaner/less ragged the damage, the better the repair.

      -- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, "aftra_sag" <aftra_sag@...> wrote:

      > I have a BRAND NEW jacket: vinyl that you would SWEAR is beautiful, soft, supple leather.
      >
      > Well, one of my birds decided go chompers on it = ragged hole approx. 1/2" x 1". Under the vinyl is a fabric that I believe is also vinyl, but has the texture of canvas.
      >
      > So I'm looking for hints/tips on best repairing the damage.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > -d.a.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic