2802Re: shoe stretch [was Re: cleaning methods? (gloves, fur)

  • Tim Cardy
    Sep 1, 2012
      The old shoe stretch spray was taken of the market because it was toxic. There is a new company that makes a spray: www.spraygenie.com

      The old way of making shoe stretch spray is 50% rubbing alcohol with 50% distilled water. Spray the inside of the shoes and wear them until dry. I've use it for years in the costume/dance business. You can spray the outside too, which will speed up the stretch, but darker dyes can be affected by the alcohol.

      The spray works reasonably well for leather gloves.

      I have found a wash with saddle soap is great for soiled gloves. Don't wring them when wet or youll need stretchers to get them back into shape.

      Tim Cardy
      Realtor

      Sotheby's International Realty
      805 637 0878
      Lic#01895346
      Allow me to help you find your Santa Barbara dream home!

      SBFinehomes.com
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic