RE: [CFDBible] What is the Value of Y+ for Airfoil??

  • Awais Jaffari
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 18, 2009

      Dear Teguh,
                     As far as I know k-w is used for modeling turbulence flow through complex geometries. Yes, controlling Y+ on wall is not easy, but again its the only solution. If you are using some turbulence model you should try to closely match its Y+ requirements or at least the deviation from standard y+ values must not be very large, how large?, its another question.
      Another Solution to your problem could be use of some other turbulence model. Like k-e or S-A. k-e has a y+ requirement of 30-300 and S-A has a y+ requirement of 0<y+<1 or 30<y+. If you could elaborate your problem a bit it would get more easy to suggest some more close and possible solution.
      Regards,
      Awais

      To: CFDBible@yahoogroups.com
      From: huget_teguh@...
      Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:09:44 -0800
      Subject: [CFDBible] What is the Value of Y+ for Airfoil??

      Dear Awais,
      Well,  I use experiment data of Sandia National Laboratories. My turbulence is k-w SST. I've read that the correct value of Y+ = 1-2. But it's hard for me to make boundary layer to get that value of Y+. Any suggestion??
      Thank you
      regards
      Teguh Hady Ariwibowo

      From: huget_teguh@ ymail.com
      Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 05:29:26 -0800

      Dear Mr mahdi

      Thanks for your reply. I'll try ^^. I've other question for you, when i wanna simulate an airfoil GOE type. there is some thing wrong. The value of Cl is close to hand book but Cd is far to hand book. what's wrong with my simulation??
      I'm looking forward to receiving your answer.
      teguh
      From: huget_teguh@ ymail.com <huget_teguh@ ymail.com>
      Subject: [CFDBible] How to DRAW CURVE ON GAMBIT??
      To: CFDBible@yahoogroup s.com
      Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2009, 7:04 PM

      Dear
      I'm Teguh. I'm interested in drawing n simulate fluid motion on CFD.. My final project is about redesigning water turbine (Crossflow turbine type). But I have constrained in drawing on Gambit. By the way, How to draw a curve in Gambit? The curve has no equation so i cannot draw easily. I'm lookin foward to get your reply!!! Thanks for your Attention.
      Teguh

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/CFDBible/ join
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:CFDBible-digest@ yahoogroups. com
          mailto:CFDBible-fullfeatur ed@yahoogroups. com

          http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

      Windows Live Hotmail: Your friends can get your Facebook updates, right from Hotmail®.