Re: Home Prospecting Competition

  • Justin
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2003
      I'm pretty sure there is - I'm not sure what the limit is, but a lot
      of yahoo groups have waaaay mor pics intheir photos section, so we
      presumably swimming in storage :)
      Just create a folder (any cdv700club member can do it) and check the
      box allowing any member to upload their pics there.

      I'm not a list moderator or anything - I just sent you an email (that
      I had intended for the whole list) because yahoo had decided my email
      account was bad, and so restricted me to private posts, but neglected
      to mention this to me. So the email arriving privately probably gave
      the wrong idea.

      --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <angelshamshel@h...> wrote:
      > Justin,
      > Is there enough storage to allow 2 ~ 3 "small" unusual items pic's
      > as per Davide's suggestion..?
      > Maybe a temp new folder for this also?
      > Winner of the most unique item get's a free LeNi? J/K Geo....!!!!!
      > Dave
      >

      > --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, "dax_italy" <dax1973@l...> wrote:
      > > ...Hey Guys!
      > >
      > > Will be nice, post a photos here with geiger near, showing
      > > somewhat that coundn't be Radioactive but is! So a little bit of
      > > Home Prospecting.
      > >
      > > And at last, the winner... the most strange thing radioactive!
      > >
      > > Just an idea... :-)
      > >
      > > Davide
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
        Hi Justin I created a folder called Home Prospecting and would hope
        that members would share their unique finds along with the
        readings....including home finds, flea market finds, etc....

        I recently found some "normal" looking glass plates that put out 300
        C/PM+ myself....

        I also noted that most of my wife's crystal puts out above
        background readings....

        A question for the group:

        What is considered to be unsafe in regards to radiological readings
        in eating utinsels / dishes nowadays?

        TIA Dave

        --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, "Justin" <archvillain@e...> wrote:
        > I'm pretty sure there is - I'm not sure what the limit is, but a
        lot
        > of yahoo groups have waaaay mor pics intheir photos section, so we
        > presumably swimming in storage :)
        > Just create a folder (any cdv700club member can do it) and check
        the
        > box allowing any member to upload their pics there.
        >
        > I'm not a list moderator or anything - I just sent you an email
        (that
        > I had intended for the whole list) because yahoo had decided my
        email
        > account was bad, and so restricted me to private posts, but
        neglected
        > to mention this to me. So the email arriving privately probably
        gave
        > the wrong idea.
        >
        > --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <angelshamshel@h...>
        wrote:
        > > Justin,
        > > Is there enough storage to allow 2 ~ 3 "small" unusual items
        pic's
        > > as per Davide's suggestion..?
        > > Maybe a temp new folder for this also?
        > > Winner of the most unique item get's a free LeNi? J/K
        Geo....!!!!!
        > > Dave
        > >

        > > --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, "dax_italy" <dax1973@l...>
        wrote:
        > > > ...Hey Guys!
        > > >
        > > > Will be nice, post a photos here with geiger near, showing
        > > > somewhat that coundn't be Radioactive but is! So a little bit
        of
        > > > Home Prospecting.
        > > >
        > > > And at last, the winner... the most strange thing radioactive!
        > > >
        > > > Just an idea... :-)
        > > >
        > > > Davide
      • DH
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
          --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, Tracy Albert <thealbert1@y...>
          wrote:
          > I use to eat 3-5 LBS of brasil nuts every year until I started
          hanging around here an upgrading my detection abilitys. I still eat
          some, not as many.

          Somewhere I found a discussion about how brazil nuts
          might exceed the limit for ordinary landfilled
          'radiological waste' (in Ca IIRC),
          and how ludicrous those limits were
          for that reason.

          > Imagine eating Corn in Kansas or Nebraska after the above ground
          nuclear test in the 40s and 50s. they used corn husk to make paper to
          keep X-ray film from sticking together back then and the Company was
          Kodak the new film was failing from apparent light strikes.

          > It was not light strikes but Radioactive Fallout on the corn.

          Becquerel must be laughing his arse off...
        • DH
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
            --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <angelshamshel@h...> wrote:
            > What is considered to be unsafe in regards to radiological readings
            > in eating utinsels / dishes nowadays?

            You're in more trouble from Pb or U leaching
            out (toxic heavy metals in glass crystal
            and glazes) than you are from radiation.

            The red wine in the carafe and the salsa
            in the Fiestaware are bad ideas. (Both acidic)