Re: [CDV700CLUB] Re: Homemade Lucas Cell Progress Report 1.02

  • Tracy Albert
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2003
      OOOOOOps and I still have to learn to count ;~) thanks Charlie.

      Charlie Thompson <w5cdt@...> wrote:
      Tracy,

      Your giant PMT has a 14 pin socket right? (not 13 pin).

      -Charlie

      --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, Tracy Albert <thealbert1@y...>
      wrote:
      > Review: A lucas Cell is a 1 Liter air volume, ZnS(AG)
      Scintillation Detector for detecting Alphas from Radon Decay. The
      Air must be Clean, Free of Radon Daughters, Filtered to 0.01 Micron,
      Dry, and scrubbed of H2SO4.

      > The cell should be Purged at 7 times the volume with a new Sample.

      > Update: I have fitted the Plexiglas window to the PMT, and Built
      the light Seal at the PMT-Cell Junction. And I have Battery operated
      Air pump for an underground detection unit designed for Explosive
      gas and H2S detection.
      > That was really allot of Precision work but I am Confidant it will
      work.

      > Next Step is Drilling and tapping the fittings. I am going to fit
      1/8"-27 NPT threads into the cell. also Each fitting will have its
      own Valve.

      > To Coat the cell with ZnS(AG), 3M Tech Support has Recommended,
      Spray 90 adhesive.It will hold the powder on the surface but not
      cover the powder over time.
      >  It was my 1st thought but its best to ask. 3M 1-800-362-3550.

      > Also Lock tight, 1-800-562-8483.

      > Optical Grease, Nova Guard, 1-800-626-6527

      > I am looking for a 13 pin socket for the PMT, I have been digging
      through my pile to no avail. the first voltage divider will go in
      the socket.
      > I also need to find in line  gas filters, Driers, and akali
      Scrubbers for 1/8" Tubing.

      > The first test of the completed cell and Circuit will be on the
      Eberline ESP-1 and recorded in CPM.
      > ALL INPUT AND HELP IS REALLY COOL!
      > Best To All.
      > Tracy