Re: CD V-715 1B-R?

  • cdvtripleseven
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2002
      R means retrofit.
      I have a copy of a FEMA Maintenance and Calibration memo concerning
      the 715 retrofit. The memo was copied from the multi-volume CPG-4-1.
      It discusses the difficulty they had in obtaining replacement high-
      meg resistors from the contractor for the 715s and mentions a "High
      Impedance Section Rework" of the 715. It doesn't say what the whole
      retrofit procedure was, but in reading through the memo it looks like
      the replacement of all of the high-meg resistors was part of it. If
      yours has an "R" on it, it's been retrofitted.
      Never heard of a 720M.

      --- In CDV700CLUB@y..., "civildefenseinfo2002"
      <Civildefense2002@a...> wrote:
      > Okay, I finally got curious enough to ask this question...
      >
      > When I got my CD V-715 1B, it had marked on the outside of the
      case,
      > and on the circuit board: "R." Does anyone know exactly what
      the "R"
      > modification is? What exactly was changed from the 1B version? Is
      it
      > an official OCD/DCPA, FEMA, or state CD/EM mod, or is it
      unofficial?
      > Maybe NukeNook or Kubric would know this one.
      >
      > Also, while I'm at it asking probably stupid questions, what is the
      > CD V-720M? I know the CD V-700M is has the big end-windown OCD-P-
      108
      > alpha-beta-gamma probe, but what is the CD V-720M's modification
      from
      > the CD V-720?
      >
      > I'm just curious here, any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
      >
      > CivilDefense2002
    • Hayden
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2002
        probably "refurbished"? mine has that, too.

        Okay, I finally got curious enough to ask this question...

        When I got my CD V-715 1B, it had marked on the outside of the case,
        and on the circuit board: "R." Does anyone know exactly what the "R"
        modification is? What exactly was changed from the 1B version? Is it
        an official OCD/DCPA, FEMA, or state CD/EM mod, or is it unofficial?
        Maybe NukeNook or Kubric would know this one.

        Also, while I'm at it asking probably stupid questions, what is the
        CD V-720M? I know the CD V-700M is has the big end-windown OCD-P-108
        alpha-beta-gamma probe, but what is the CD V-720M's modification from
        the CD V-720?

        I'm just curious here, any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

        CivilDefense2002

        Community email addresses:
        Post message: CDV700CLUB@onelist.com
        Subscribe: CDV700CLUB-subscribe@onelist.com