English translation of DP5V Manuals shipped today.

  • K0FF
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1, 2002
      First 6 were specially bound and signed. Thanks

      Have Fun

      George Dowell
    • Tracy Albert
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 1, 2002

        May I ask, What is a DP5V . I have a Soviet Made Gieger Counter. It has a red Plastic Case. a Removable Beta Shield on the back a 8 position dip switch and 2 Gieger tubes.  on the top of the back is a connector with 5 sockets.  on the front is 3 switches. on/off,  One I belive is alarm On/Off, and the last is a range setting switch of some kind. It also has a LCD display.  I lost the manual in crylic to an exchange student who suddenly wanted $500.00 to translate it. the whole thing is in Crylic. It really is kinda nice it only cost $45.00  I just cant use all the Features. I have a speaker hooked on pins 2 and 3  on the connector.  can any one help!!   Best to all. Tracy

         K0FF wrote:

        First 6 were specially bound and signed. Thanks

        Have Fun

        George Dowell

        Community email addresses:
          Post message: CDV700CLUB@onelist.com
          Subscribe:    CDV700CLUB-subscribe@onelist.com

        Shortcut URL to this page:
          http://www.onelist.com/community/CDV700CLUB

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • dax_italy
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 2, 2002
          > May I ask, What is a DP5V . I have a Soviet Made Gieger Counter. It
          has a red Plastic Case. a Removable Beta Shield on the back a 8
          position dip switch and 2 Gieger tubes. on the top of the back is a
          connector with 5 sockets. on the front is 3 switches. on/off, One I
          belive is alarm On/Off, and the last is a range setting switch of
          some kind. It also has a LCD display. I lost the manual in crylic to
          an exchange student who suddenly wanted $500.00 to translate it. the
          whole thing is in Crylic. It really is kinda nice it only cost
          $45.00 I just cant use all the Features. I have a speaker hooked on
          pins 2 and 3 on the connector. can any one help!! Best to all.
          Tracy

          About the russian geiger.. if i undestand well...it's possible
          you have the same i have, looks here in file section, 1 years
          ago i have send a photo that misure a block of tufa:

          PS:IF is the same, tell me i'll provide you the complete deep-switch
          settings to set in counts x minute and tell every things on it!

          Davide
        • Tracy Albert
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 2, 2002

            Dax it is exactly the same except yours has more stencing on the top and bottom. i would appreaciate any info you have. Best to you and yours. Tracy  Attached is a picture from a side business of mine these little rascals are more dangerious than any radiation I come in contact with. one mistake and you smell bad and momma wont let you in the bed.

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 3, 2002
              --- In CDV700CLUB@y..., Tracy Albert <thealbert1@y...> wrote:

              > Dax it is exactly the same except yours has more stencing on the
              top and bottom. i would appreaciate any info you have. Best to you
              and yours. Tracy Attached is a picture from a side business of mine
              these little rascals are more dangerious than any radiation I come in
              contact with. one mistake and you smell bad and momma wont let you in
              the bed.

              Ehehehhe, is dangerous like a little reactor eh?
              Ok, this is the DIP-SWITCH setting you find on back of geiger
              when removing the shild for gamma only, you'll find the 2 tubes:

              8 Dip-Switch to set:
              1) Put on 0
              2) Put on 0
              3) Put on 1
              4) Put on 1
              5) Put on 1
              6) Put on 0
              7) Put on 1
              8) Put on 0

              Legend:
              0 = Zero is to right
              1 = One is to left

              With that you put in mR/Hr reading.
              If needs more info tell me.

              Davide
            • Tracy Albert
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 3, 2002

                Thanks Dax now the data makes sense. by any chance do you know the names of those switches. My PKC6.104 is one of my favorites because its so small.do you have the pinout for the connector. its really easy to put a Pizzo speaker on mine is taped on and works great with no amp. from left to right hook a small Pizzo busser from sockets 2 to 3 if you have the polarity right you will hear a steady tick marked by detected events. Best to all. Tracy

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 4, 2002
                  --- In CDV700CLUB@y..., Tracy Albert <thealbert1@y...> wrote:

                  > Thanks Dax now the data makes sense. by any chance do you know the
                  names of those switches. My PKC6.104 is one of my favorites because
                  its so small.do you have the pinout for the connector. its really
                  easy to put a Pizzo speaker on mine is taped on and works great with
                  no amp. from left to right hook a small Pizzo busser from sockets 2
                  to 3 if you have the polarity right you will hear a steady tick
                  marked by detected events. Best to all. Tracy

                  Was a pleasure for me help you.

                  My PKC6 104 have already an internal speaker that make beep
                  when finishing to count...to advice me.
                  I think you have too, may be disconnected or not working!
                  Try to check it.

                  I have another Russian digital, same type of double tube, with
                  a better lcd display. But works great both.
                  Davide
                • Ticomiirg
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 4, 2002
                    I was reading my PKC6-104 manual, and the settings below will give a
                    reading in microRems/hour (uR/hr), as oposed to millirems/hour (mR/hr).

                    > 8 Dip-Switch to set:
                    > 1) Put on 0
                    > 2) Put on 0
                    > 3) Put on 1
                    > 4) Put on 1
                    > 5) Put on 1
                    > 6) Put on 0
                    > 7) Put on 1
                    > 8) Put on 0
                    >
                    > Legend:
                    > 0 = Zero is to right
                    > 1 = One is to left
                    >
                    > With that you put in mR/Hr reading.
                    > If needs more info tell me.
                    >
                    > Davide
                  • Tracy Albert
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 4, 2002

                      Dax my PKC6-104 has a Connector on the bach. Similar to a small tube socket. this socket has 5 sockets on the connector. if you are looking at the back of your detector with the beta cover on. I cant remember the whole pin out but from left to right I call the sockets 1-5 with the left socket being 1 ant the right most socket being 5 pins.    2 and 3 are an external speaker connection. the best  speaker I have used is a small Piezzo speaker. It requires no amplifier and is loud enough to be heard easily.  You will here 2 different  events on the speaker. The First is a steady Ticking like a clock.  The Random ticks are detections.       My unit also has the timer alarm. that is on the front top right.  Up is count alarm on.  Down is count alarm off..           The Switch on the Front top Left is a units switch, The top Scale has"X0.01 Blue. X0.01Pink. X200Green. the bottom has.  X0.001Blue. 0.001Pink. X20Green. The top position is a shorter timer, the bottom position is a longer timer.  And try the Piezzo Speaker. it even works on my CDV-700. I use it on the beach to find hot rocks in all the pebbles. Best To all Tracy

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 5, 2002
                        --- In CDV700CLUB@y..., Tracy Albert <thealbert1@y...> wrote:

                        > Dax my PKC6-104 has a Connector on the bach. Similar to a small
                        tube socket. this socket has 5 sockets on the connector. if you are
                        looking at the back of your detector with the beta cover on. I cant
                        remember the whole pin out but from left to right I call the sockets
                        1-5 with the left socket being 1 ant the right most socket being 5
                        pins. 2 and 3 are an external speaker connection. the best
                        speaker I have used is a small Piezzo speaker. It requires no
                        amplifier and is loud enough to be heard easily. You will here 2
                        different events on the speaker. The First is a steady Ticking like
                        a clock. The Random ticks are detections. My unit also has the
                        timer alarm. that is on the front top right. Up is count alarm on.
                        Down is count alarm off.. The Switch on the Front top Left
                        is a units switch, The top Scale has"X0.01 Blue. X0.01Pink.
                        X200Green. the bottom has. X0.001Blue. 0.001Pink. X20Green. The top
                        position is a shorter timer, the bottom position is a longer timer.
                        And try the Piezzo Speaker. it even works on my CDV-700. I use it on
                        the beach to find hot rocks in all the pebbles. Best To all Tracy

                        Let me understand, your piezo show an activity like a cdv700
                        or beep only at end of reading?
                        I have the same connector you describe me, this week i'll try
                        to put a external speaker.
                        Another russian geiger with similar charatestic is very cool because
                        the speaker beeps every 10 counts, so i can use to locate radiactive
                        things!

                        Greetings,
                        Davide
                      • dax_italy
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 5, 2002
                          --- In CDV700CLUB@y..., "Ticomiirg" <ticomiirg@y...> wrote:
                          > I was reading my PKC6-104 manual, and the settings below will give a
                          > reading in microRems/hour (uR/hr), as oposed to millirems/hour
                          (mR/hr).

                          Uhm, i don't have a manual of it.
                          I have find the settings and explain on a site, and take it for
                          good... because other geiger read the same value..
                          Could be some differents release of the same geiger, exitst the
                          same with gray color with better circuit (more better lcd display)

                          What's yours setting for mR/hr ?

                          Thanks.
                          Davide
                        • ticomiirg@yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 6, 2002
                            My PKC6-104 is the model with the red colored case.
                            The dip switch settings previously posted are,
                            according to the English-translation manual I received
                            with the counter, for "gamma radiation field
                            equivilant dose rate".

                            With the top left switch set in the up position
                            "x.01", the manual indicates the reading will be in
                            microsiverts per hour (uSv/h). A reading of "18" on
                            the display would be indicative of .18 uSv/h or 18
                            microroentgens/hour (uR/h).

                            http://faith.yahoo.com