Lionel cracked board revisit

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2013
      Hello again, I received 2 boards from a generous member and I am back at it. I found 1 burnt diode [cr5] on one board and chose that board to use as the other had a lifted trace where the R13 was bent over. I repaired that board as well though, for a spare. I replaced the burnt cr-5 and lifted a leg on the interconnecting resistors and checked them. I replaced the electrolitics. Any comments on the burnt cr-5? All resistors seem to be good. A question I have is on the probe coax. The original board had an extra lead soldered to the braid besides the terminal that would go to the mounting screw. It seems I have forgotten where the heck that lead went on the old board. The new boards do not really have a position for a extra lead drilled anyway. Grounding improvement? Can someone clue me in? Maybe I should drill a pad? They are there on the new boards. The schematic doesn't show it. The original board also does not have a brass grommet around the board mounting hole, which is where the braid to the coax goes. The new 2 do. The old board does have 3 extra drilled pads. One of which took the extra lead. Chris
    • Phil
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2013
        CR-5 is a 1N914/1N4148 Si small signal diode.