Re: Vic 6 xfmr

  • ve6klj
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 2, 2013
      Doug, I would be very interested in all this info. just a newb getting started here and lots to learn.

      > > I suppose one of these days, I should write a complete article on the Vic
      > > models. I've informally sent out a lot of info on my revisions for these,
      > > but never published ALL the details in one place. With a little
      > > encouragement, I suppose I could be persuaded to put something together. I have LOTS of
      > > pictures, schematics of the various versions, etc. just need to put it
      > > together.
      > >
      > > So let me hear it from you group. Is there still an interest in something
      > > like this? I would cover the 6A and 6B models, including all the stuff you
      > > need to do to restore them to their original condition, as well as LOTS of
      > > updates and improvements which you may elect to incorporate.
      > >
      > > These include, for the 6B, the transformer update, conversion to 3V
      > > operation, (gets rid of 2 cells) ugrade of the input transistor and circuit,
      > > addition of COUNT and POWER LED's and / or a speaker.
      > >
      > > The same information is available for the 6 and 6A except for the 3V
      > > conversion, which is not practical on these models.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > Doug Moore

    • Randy Bennett
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 2, 2013
        Doug

        In salvaging old pc boards I found 36 2N404s I can remove and test them if you wish.
        The boards were designed by Rod FitsRandolph W5HV SK and were part of a ultra high speed camera system used at  White Sands.

        Randy W4RFB

        On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 2:54 AM, ve6klj <karel@...> wrote:

        Doug, I would be very interested in all this info. just a newb getting started here and lots to learn.

        > > I suppose one of these days, I should write a complete article on the Vic
        > > models. I've informally sent out a lot of info on my revisions for these,
        > > but never published ALL the details in one place. With a little
        > > encouragement, I suppose I could be persuaded to put something together. I have LOTS of
        > > pictures, schematics of the various versions, etc. just need to put it
        > > together.
        > >
        > > So let me hear it from you group. Is there still an interest in something
        > > like this? I would cover the 6A and 6B models, including all the stuff you
        > > need to do to restore them to their original condition, as well as LOTS of
        > > updates and improvements which you may elect to incorporate.
        > >
        > > These include, for the 6B, the transformer update, conversion to 3V
        > > operation, (gets rid of 2 cells) ugrade of the input transistor and circuit,
        > > addition of COUNT and POWER LED's and / or a speaker.
        > >
        > > The same information is available for the 6 and 6A except for the 3V
        > > conversion, which is not practical on these models.
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > >
        > > Doug Moore

      • injuneer314159
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 2, 2013
          In a message dated 4/2/2013 7:58:24 A.M. Central Daylight Time, w4rfbham@... writes:
          In salvaging old pc boards I found 36 2N404s I can remove and test them if you wish.
          The boards were designed by Rod FitsRandolph W5HV SK and were part of a ultra high speed camera system used at  White Sands.
          Randy,

          Thanks for your consideration. I already have a very adequate supply of these parts, so why not offer them to the group.

          P.S.

          My apologies to all for the delay in getting the article put together. Tomorrow is my second session to get rid of this kidney stone which has been driving me crazy for over a month. Hopefully it will be successful, and live can get back to normal.

          Regards,

          Doug Moore

        • injuneer314159
          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 2, 2013
            In a message dated 4/2/2013 2:54:38 A.M. Central Daylight Time, karel@... writes:
            Doug, I would be very interested in all this info. just a newb getting started here and lots to learn.
            Remember that everyone here, no matter how experienced or knowledgeable now, had to start right where you are. :-) Stick around, you will benefit.

            There have been some delays in getting the Vic 6, 6A and 6B information together due to a setback in my health, but this is almost over and progress will be rapid from now on.

            Regards,

            Doug Moore

          • David Nix
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 2, 2013
              MCM Electronics sells 2N404'S new for a little over $1 each plus shipping. Real Germanium 2N404's. They are so popular with people building guitar fuzz boxes that there is still a current market for them.