fuku extreme

  • .
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2013
    • Kirk McLoren
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2013

        so much for threat analysis.

        I was amazed when I discovered the water tight bulkheads on the Titanic were open on the top.

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 8, 2013
          Hi Folks!

            I went to the Puyallup Hamfest today to set up for the main event tomorrow, and had a chance to paw through the usual estate offerings at one table, and found something that made my heart skip a beat: Buried in one of the boxes was a small green tube marked "1B85"!  Digging deeper showed a small hoard of similar boxes: I netted four of them for the princely sum of $8!
            Two were factory sealed, and two were open. I checked the open ones, but regrettably one was empty.
            Still, I figure I didn't get hurt too bad buying 1B85's for less than $3 each!
            The containers were all Victoreens (Cleveland 3, Ohio).

          -Tom
        • Stephen Cook
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 9, 2013
            You just reminded me, there's a hamfest (rally this side of the pond) in a couple of weeks. Last time I found a few active items.

            --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, Tom Herman <n1bec@...> wrote:

            > Hi Folks!
            > I went to the Puyallup Hamfest today to set up for the main event tomorrow, and had a chance to paw through the usual estate offerings at one table, and found something that made my heart skip a beat: Buried in one of the boxes was a small green tube marked "1B85"! Digging deeper showed a small hoard of similar boxes: I netted four of them for the princely sum of $8! Two were factory sealed, and two were open. I checked the open ones, but regrettably one was empty. Still, I figure I didn't get hurt too bad buying 1B85's for less than $3 each! The containers were all Victoreens (Cleveland 3, Ohio).
            > -Tom

          • Peter Loron
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 9, 2013
              Argh! Every year I say I'm going to go down to the meet at Puyallup and I always forget and make other plans. Next year!

              -pete

              On Mar 9, 2013, at 10:48 AM, Stephen Cook <cookstephen56@...> wrote:

              > You just reminded me, there's a hamfest (rally this side of the pond) in a couple of weeks. Last time I found a few active items.
              >
              > --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, Tom Herman <n1bec@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Hi Folks!
              >> I went to the Puyallup Hamfest today to set up for the main event tomorrow, and had a chance to paw through the usual estate offerings at one table, and found something that made my heart skip a beat: Buried in one of the boxes was a small green tube marked "1B85"! Digging deeper showed a small hoard of similar boxes: I netted four of them for the princely sum of $8! Two were factory sealed, and two were open. I checked the open ones, but regrettably one was empty. Still, I figure I didn't get hurt too bad buying 1B85's for less than $3 each! The containers were all Victoreens (Cleveland 3, Ohio).
              >> -Tom

            • Tom Herman
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 10, 2013
                Hi Peter & Stephen!

                  Y'all didn't miss much at Puyallup: LOTS of stuff was overpriced, but there were the occasional bargain to be had.
                  I'd love to be able to attend a Hamfest on the other side of the pond to see what's available.
                  I did find another mini-hoard of tubes: Six Victoreen and Federal Stock Number marked 5886's.
                  They got added to the collection, as they are interesting, and the 5886 is used as an electrometer tube in the GenRad model 1644 Megohm bridge (of which I own and use two).
                  Oddly enough, I noticed an almost absolute lack of Radium coated meters this year (I surely haven't cornered the market on them!).

                -Tom

                To: CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com
                From: peterl@...
                Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 12:11:34 -0800
                Subject: Re: [CDV700CLUB] Hamfest find of the year!

                Argh! Every year I say I'm going to go down to the meet at Puyallup and I always forget and make other plans. Next year!

                -pete

                On Mar 9, 2013, at 10:48 AM, Stephen Cook <cookstephen56@...> wrote:

                > You just reminded me, there's a hamfest (rally this side of the pond) in a couple of weeks. Last time I found a few active items.
                >
                > --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, Tom Herman <n1bec@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Hi Folks!
                >> I went to the Puyallup Hamfest today to set up for the main event tomorrow, and had a chance to paw through the usual estate offerings at one table, and found something that made my heart skip a beat: Buried in one of the boxes was a small green tube marked "1B85"! Digging deeper showed a small hoard of similar boxes: I netted four of them for the princely sum of $8! Two were factory sealed, and two were open. I checked the open ones, but regrettably one was empty. Still, I figure I didn't get hurt too bad buying 1B85's for less than $3 each! The containers were all Victoreens (Cleveland 3, Ohio).
                >> -Tom

              • frenchcanadianflyfishing
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 10, 2013
                  Same here, I wish they'd push it forward, into Spring Break...

                  Stephen Young

                  --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, Peter Loron <peterl@...> wrote:

                  > Argh! Every year I say I'm going to go down to the meet at Puyallup and I always forget and make other plans. Next year!
                  >
                  > -pete
                  >
                  > On Mar 9, 2013, at 10:48 AM, Stephen Cook <cookstephen56@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > You just reminded me, there's a hamfest (rally this side of the pond) in a couple of weeks. Last time I found a few active items.
                  > >
                  > > --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, Tom Herman <n1bec@> wrote:
                  > >>
                  > >> Hi Folks!
                  > >> I went to the Puyallup Hamfest today to set up for the main event tomorrow, and had a chance to paw through the usual estate offerings at one table, and found something that made my heart skip a beat: Buried in one of the boxes was a small green tube marked "1B85"! Digging deeper showed a small hoard of similar boxes: I netted four of them for the princely sum of $8! Two were factory sealed, and two were open. I checked the open ones, but regrettably one was empty. Still, I figure I didn't get hurt too bad buying 1B85's for less than $3 each! The containers were all Victoreens (Cleveland 3, Ohio).
                  > >> -Tom

                • Defender

                    From: peterl@...
                    Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 12:11:34 -0800

                    Argh! Every year I say I'm going to go down to the meet at Puyallup and I always forget and make other plans. Next year!

                    -pete

                    On Mar 9, 2013, at 10:48 AM, Stephen Cook <cookstephen56@...> wrote:

                    > You just reminded me, there's a hamfest (rally this side of the pond) in a couple of weeks. Last time I found a few active items.
                    >
                    > --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, Tom Herman <n1bec@...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> Hi Folks!
                    >> I went to the Puyallup Hamfest today to set up for the main event tomorrow, and had a chance to paw through the usual estate offerings at one table, and found something that made my heart skip a beat: Buried in one of the boxes was a small green tube marked "1B85"! Digging deeper showed a small hoard of similar boxes: I netted four of them for the princely sum of $8! Two were factory sealed, and two were open. I checked the open ones, but regrettably one was empty. Still, I figure I didn't get hurt too bad buying 1B85's for less than $3 each! The containers were all Victoreens (Cleveland 3, Ohio).
                    >> -Tom

                  • Tom Herman
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 10, 2013
                      Cliff,

                        Could the 6050 a date code?
                        The only 6050  I can find is a peanut tube UHF triode.

                      -Tom

                      To: CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com

                        From: Defender@...
                        Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 19:00:54 -0400