Re: meter survey radiac No 2 Circuit details / battery info

  • porky.harrison
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2011
      Hi

      I have just joined the group, so hello to all.

      I have recently aquired a meter survey radiac no 2 and have drawn a blank on locating any tech info can any one help? I have tried all the usual sites including VMARS and the Royal Signals. The 9/30 volt battery details would be a help.

      many thanks
      Regards
      Paul
    • robert8rpi
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2011
        Hi,
        In typical British military fashion these are special batteries. I've never tried to work out the connections or power one of these up as they are typical "post war" sensitivity, i.e. very insensitive. I have kept some of the ion chambers to play with later though. I've never seen a circuit. People sell these on ebay as "geiger counters" at high prices. I've tried advising a couple of regular sellers but they don't seem to care. What was your intended use?

        Regards,
        Robert G8RPI