Re: Source for Insulated Litz Wire?

  • prutchi
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2010

      We buy litz wire from WireTronics http://www.wiretron.com/  We wind the primary coils for our transcutaneous rechargeable implants with it:

      http://www.impulse-dynamics.com/int_optimizer.asp
      http://www.metacure.com/?categoryId=43561

      For anyone who may be wondering what is litz wire, the term "litz wire" is derived from the German word "litzendraht" meaning woven wire. This wire is constructed of individual, film insulated wires bunched or braided together in a uniform pattern.  The multistrand configuration minimizes the power losses otherwise encountered in a solid conductor due to the skin effect, or the tendency of radio frequency current to be concentrated at the surface of the conductor.

      Cheers,

      David
      N2QG / HC1DT