Re: [CDV700CLUB] OT: Electickle Exam
--- On Sat, 7/31/10, Philip <kmg5443@...> wrote:
From: Philip <kmg5443@...>
Subject: [CDV700CLUB] OT: Electickle Exam
Received: Saturday, July 31, 2010, 7:50 PM
Charles is 5'4" tall and weighs 350 pounds. In other words, he has a high percentage of lard in his bodily makeup.
Charles grabs hold of a non-insulated current carrying conductor. The conductor is stranded copper, 500 KCMIL sized (bigger round than your thumb), and is energized at 277 volts, 1 phase, referenced to system ground. Assume that the electrical service to the building can deliver infinite amperes continuously without tripping upstream conductor protective devices (i.e. circuit breakers for the ill-informed or just plain stupid).
Charles is standing barefoot, sweating profusely, and his little piggies are in contact with the concrete floor, which is covered by 1/2 inch of sea water from the leaking aquarium at the museum.
1. Can Charles now be considered "ground chuck"?
2. How many amperes will flow through his body? Hint: Assume the killer current is adequate to produce sustained muscle contractions, rendering escape impossible.
3. What time must elapse before Charles center of body mass will be nice and pink, assuming the prospective diner prefers his meat "medium"?
4. How many standard-sized bars of homemade soap can be manufactured from Charles' distilled and liquified body fat?
5. How far away will bystanders need to stand without need of electrical flash protective gear in order to safely view the fireworks display?
6. Calculate the time required for the police, coroner, plant electrician, janitorial staff, etc., to clean up the resultant gooey, carbonaceous, greasy mess in the main electrical room where Charles experienced his transition to "Where the Wood Bine Twineth".
7. State your enjoyment index on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being not funny, 10 being ROTFLMAO).
You have 55 minutes for the exam.