CDV-138

  • kc5hmc@xxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 1999
      Hi everyone,
      I have recieved the CDV-138 and it reads 0-200 milloroentgens. To me it a
      uncommon dosimeter, because mst of them that I have seen read either 0-20
      (CDV-130), 0-100 (CDV-140) or 0-200 R) CDV-742. Please let me know if there
      is any other dosimeters to look out for. Also, what are the chanses of finding
      the digital radiac meter.
      best regards (73)
      Herb
    • J. Marshall Reber
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 1999
        Hi Herb!

        When you posted on 99/10/27 you referred to a CDV-142 dosimeter. Do you
        have such a unit, or did you mean 742? The references to 130 and 140 are
        interesting as I have seen the same ranges called 730 and 740.

        I wouldn't know how to figure your chances of finding a digital meter. Any
        feeling for my finding another milli-roentgen 138?

        Regards,
        Marshall
      • Tom Herman
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 7, 1999
          Hi Herb!!!

          Glad you got the 138!!!!! It is a VERY uncommon dosimeter, you've done
          well!!!! I've seen 200 R/Hr and 600 R/Hr CDV models, but I've never run
          across any of the low range 138 units...
          I'm not familiar with the digital Radiac units: Are they Military? I'm
          not surprized to see folks going digital, but I still prefer analog.
          Gotta run... Need to do chores: My 600' loop took a couple of hits this
          week, and I need to splice it and get the Johnson 500 back on the air.

          Best Regards!!! Tom

          On 7 Nov 1999 kc5hmc@... wrote:

          > From: kc5hmc@...
          >
          > Hi everyone,
          > I have recieved the CDV-138 and it reads 0-200 milloroentgens. To me it a
          > uncommon dosimeter, because mst of them that I have seen read either 0-20
          > (CDV-130), 0-100 (CDV-140) or 0-200 R) CDV-742. Please let me know if there
          > is any other dosimeters to look out for. Also, what are the chanses of finding
          > the digital radiac meter.
          > best regards (73)
          > Herb
          >
          > > Community email addresses: