Re: [CDV700CLUB] Re: OT: Dangerous items seized in Canadian Raid

  • John Boyle
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 4, 2006
      Death by spam???

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Robert Atkinson" <robert8rpi@...>

      > Hi all,
      > And I thought those cold calling sales calls and texts were just
      > annoying!
      >
      > G8RPI.
      >
      > --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, "John Boyle" <kb3cny@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Geez, Chris,
      > >
      > > If they were trying to make a remote detonator with the cell phone
      > > and that Velleman relay card, they'd have to be total idiots.
      > > One wrong number could certainly ruin their day.
      > >
      > > ..jb
    • Phil Bigelow
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 4, 2006
        "Hey man, you're stock broker is calling. He says your portfolio went up
        3000%. You're now a multimillionai......."

        <pb>
        --

        On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 15:30:32 -0400 "John Boyle" <kb3cny@...>
        writes:
        > Death by spam???

      • John Boyle
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 4, 2006
          WOW!

          Porn spam to boot! :-)

          > "Hey man....the phone is ringing. Caller I.D. sez the 70 virgins are
          > calling us!"
          >
          > <pb>
        • Phil Bigelow
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 4, 2006
            http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6970724.html

            <pb>
            --

            http://news.yahoo.com/photo/060603/481/111aae6a06f44555b92c771dcb75d41f&g
            > =ev

            ents/wl/060306canadaterror;_ylt=Ap.MFbMEeZ_HLqlluwSmKe45bg8F;_ylu=X3oDMTA
            > 3bG
            > > k2OHYzBHNlYwN0bXA-
            > > >
            > > > You could take an eye out with those multimeter probes. And the
            > > > horror of first degree burns from a hot soldering iron.
            > > > ---
            > > > Chris Smolinski
            > > > Black Cat Systems
            > > > http://www.blackcatsystems.com

            > > --------------------~-->
            > > Everything you need is one click away.  Make Yahoo! your home
            > > page now.
            > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/UIYolB/TM

            > > Shortcut URL to this page:
            > > http://www.onelist.com/community/CDV700CLUB
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > --------------------~-->
            > Everything you need is one click away.  Make Yahoo! your home
            > page now.
            > http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/UIYolB/TM
            >
            > Shortcut URL to this page:
            > http://www.onelist.com/community/CDV700CLUB
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • DH
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 5, 2006
              --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, Phil Bigelow <bigelowp@...> wrote:

              > http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6970724.html

              That method relies on cooperative phones.

              A jammer or faraday shielding doesn't. The latter
              will be outlawed when the govt figures out that
              citizens don't need anything more opaque than
              linen for whatever privacy the state
              grants them.
            • Robert Atkinson
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 5, 2006
                Hi,

                There is a more sophisticated system available to government agencies
                that pretends to be a cell base station. Any phones in the vicinty log
                on to that station (it's got a strong signal) and think they aere on
                the network, but of course no calls come through.

                Robert G8RPI.

                --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, "DH" <revtkatt@...> wrote:

                > --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, Phil Bigelow <bigelowp@> wrote:
                > >

                > > http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6970724.html
                >
                > That method relies on cooperative phones.
                >
                > A jammer or faraday shielding doesn't. The latter
                > will be outlawed when the govt figures out that
                > citizens don't need anything more opaque than
                > linen for whatever privacy the state
                > grants them.

              • Phil Bigelow
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 5, 2006
                  On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 16:32:42 -0000 "DH" <revtkatt@...> writes:
                  > --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, Phil Bigelow <bigelowp@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >

                  > > http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6970724.html
                  >
                  > That method relies on cooperative phones.
                  >
                  > A jammer or faraday shielding doesn't. The latter
                  > will be outlawed when the govt figures out that
                  > citizens don't need anything more opaque than
                  > linen for whatever privacy the state
                  > grants them.

                  They will get my aluminum foil cap only when they pry it from my cold
                  Dead Head.

                  <pb>
                  --
                • DH
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 6, 2006
                    --- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Atkinson" <robert8rpi@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > There is a more sophisticated system available to government agencies
                    > that pretends to be a cell base station. Any phones in the vicinty
                    log
                    > on to that station (it's got a strong signal) and think they aere on
                    > the network, but of course no calls come through.

                    Jammers using the mechanism you describe are available to anyone (only
                    the FCC has a problem with them). I've seen them demo'd and they
                    work --making the phone think no service. They don't
                    block already in-progress calls, because the phones jump
                    off the basestation frequency after they get connected.
                    (They listen on basestation freqs for incoming calls.
                    Send out a carrier on the basestation freq and the phone
                    can't hear real ones)