Re: Radioactive phosphor debate-EPA

  • E.L. Jones
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2001
      Many Moons past, I was aware of the discovery of about 25 junk TVs,
      illegally disposed of on some range sites at Ft Benning, GA ( Your stomping
      grounds , Haywood) Apparently ,an EPA inspection team was there at the time
      this discovery surfaced. They wanted the TVs handled as low level
      radioactive waste complete with soil removal , 55 gal drum disposal and
      transport for interment at said low level facility. This became a moot
      point when the TVs disappeared one night. I never heard of the ultimate
      outcome, but the joke about putting a floor model 25 inch Color TV into a
      drum naturally migrated to putting "up" the south end of the EPA Civil
      servant.

      Or so the story went...

      Nite from the Poconos
      Elton