Re: Is anyone out there?

  • Ron Dicus
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2001
      Hi all,
      Wow! Has it ever been quiet . Thought I'd post something to get things
      going. I have been researching some of the regulations and need help with
      one. It's the postal publication 52, page 51, Exhibit 347.22
      Does anyone know what they are talking for"solids"? I don't understand
      things like " 10-3 A1".
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Ron
    • jkostka@juno.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2001
        --- In CDV700CLUB@y..., "Ron Dicus" <boomologist@q...> wrote:
        Ron wrote.....
        I have been researching some of the regulations and need help with
        > one. It's the postal publication 52, page 51, Exhibit 347.22
        > Does anyone know what they are talking for"solids"? I don't
        understand
        > things like " 10-3 A1".
        > Any help would be appreciated.
        > Ron

        you said regulations - that's my middle name.... or were you just
        baiting me to answer??

        pls c link

        http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_99/49cfr173_99.html

        go to CFR 173.435 for the A1 A2 tables.

        luckily for us Uranium Natural is Unlimited, so when shipping uranium
        I don't worry about A1 or A2 table limits... except when shipping
        Godzilla...

        10-3 A1 means = (the value from the table) x (10 to the minus 3rd
        power)

        I hope i got that right.

        Jim Kostka
      • Ron Dicus
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2001
          Thanks Jim,
          That helped a lot. The reason I am checking on things, seems some folks have
          been snooping around both ebay and my web site who are from various chat
          groups which focus on a "radiation free soceity". They have not contacted me
          directly but, being somewhat paranoid, I just want to make sure there is
          nothing they can "bitch" about to higher authorties. I also want to be more
          safe than the rules call for, just for my own peace of mind.
          Thanks again,
          Ron
          > I have been researching some of the regulations and need help with
          > > one. It's the postal publication 52, page 51, Exhibit 347.22
          > > Does anyone know what they are talking for"solids"? I don't
          > understand
          > > things like " 10-3 A1".
          > > Any help would be appreciated.
          > > Ron
          >
          > you said regulations - that's my middle name.... or were you just
          > baiting me to answer??
          >
          > pls c link
          >
          > http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_99/49cfr173_99.html
          >
          > go to CFR 173.435 for the A1 A2 tables.
          >
          > luckily for us Uranium Natural is Unlimited, so when shipping uranium
          > I don't worry about A1 or A2 table limits... except when shipping
          > Godzilla...
          >
          > 10-3 A1 means = (the value from the table) x (10 to the minus 3rd
          > power)
          >
          > I hope i got that right.
          >
          > Jim Kostka
          >

          > Community email addresses:
          > Post message: CDV700CLUB@onelist.com
          > Subscribe: CDV700CLUB-subscribe@onelist.com
          >
          > Shortcut URL to this page:
          > http://www.onelist.com/community/CDV700CLUB

        • Herman, Tom
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2001
            Hi Ron!

            I'm still here.. Haven't had much to add to the conversation lately..
            Quite interesting comments of yours, will email you directly after work...
            I'm managed to turn a pretty good volume of Ammonium Uranyl Carbonate into
            crystals, and the leftovers into Uranyl Carbonate... Hopefully, I'll be able
            to convert the U Carb to UOx tonight...
            Also working on my U/Ra chemistry to tweak the separation/concentration
            process a bit.
            I've taken pix of various rocks, counter parts, and the infamous Cenco
            Radiation Demonstrator. Will probably list the Cenco on Ebay tomorrow night.

            Best Regards! -Tom

            The information in this email, and in any attachments,
            may contain confidential information and is intended
            solely for the named addressee(s). It must not be disclosed
            to any person without authorization. If you are not the
            intended recipient, you are not authorized to disclose, copy,
            distribute, or retain this message or any part of it.