Re: Plutonium in counter

  • dax@linet.it
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2001
      --- In CDV700CLUB@egroups.com, ashborough@e... wrote:

      > [The greater problem is remove a piece of
      > Plutonium from It.]
      >

      > Ciao, Davide!

      > If there is a piece of plutonium somewhere in the
      > unit you are ordering, you must be extremely careful removing it.

      IT'S A JOKE !!! I NEVER ORDER A GEIGER WITH PLUTONIUM !!!
      THIS UNIT DON'T COME FROM CHERNOBYL REACTOR !

      Anyway i ALWAYS check a used geiger counter with my other
      counter to control a possible contamination.
      Many Thanks for concern to me !
      Davide
    • ashborough@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2001
        Ciao!

                I am glad it's a joke that there was plutonium in the geiger counter.  It reminds me of something that happened to me.  Many years ago a friend of mine told me that he would sell me some honey very cheap.  All I had to do was come and get it.  When I got to his house, he showed me the honey.  It was between the outer boards of his house and the inner boards.  It came with about a hundred thousand bees, all of them eager not to have their honey taken from them.
                To make a long story short, I left his nice gift where it was, but read several books about apiculture.  Three weeks later, I asked him if the offer was still good and he told me that it was.  So I went to his house with a beehive and a hood, and got the honey, bees and all, and soon they were producing honey for me.  I kept the hive for about three years, but it was stolen from me by someone who must have known how to raise them.  No one else would have wanted to steal a beehive.
                I guess buying a geiger counter with plutonium in it is sort of like buying land at the very bottom of Mont Vesuvius; it is subject to "change."
                I'm glad all is well!  --  Haywood

        Sent: 01/01/2001 7:08:20 AM
        Subject: [CDV700CLUB] Re: Plutonium in counter

        --- In CDV700CLUB@egroups.com, ashborough@e... wrote:

        > [The greater problem is remove a piece of
        > Plutonium from It.]
        >

        > Ciao, Davide!

        >         If there is a piece of plutonium somewhere in the
        > unit you are ordering, you must be extremely careful removing it.

        IT'S A JOKE !!! I NEVER ORDER A GEIGER WITH PLUTONIUM !!!
             THIS UNIT DON'T COME FROM CHERNOBYL REACTOR !

        Anyway i ALWAYS check a used geiger counter with my other
        counter to control a possible contamination.
        Many Thanks for concern to me !
        Davide

        Community email addresses:
          Post message: CDV700CLUB@onelist.com