1 second freeze

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2005
      was a disaster. Please Martin , 3 second freeze or no freeze at all .
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2005
        When the puck is immobilized behind the goaler you should be able to say freeze right away. No half second 1 second, 3 second!!!! Screw that cause guys can move tables, ram the net, tap the goalie etc. This sometimes non-intentional just in the heat of the game. This way as in game 4 against Dave you clearly see the puck drop after me yelling Time.

        This way all you have to know is did the puck fall before the Time or after. No seconds nothing, A lot less complicated.

        Bill I received your cd's & enjoyed them very much. A big thanks once again.

        See Ya

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2005

          You make a good point but , it is hard to tell if the puck has stopped.

          I would like to see the Referee make the call after the player has requested it. The player may request it right away. { as you say }

          1 second > player calls  " freeze " .

          2 seconds > referee thinks about if the puck has stopped .

          3 seconds > referee calls " stop " .

          Actually the whole thing is over after about 2 seconds .

          Centre may only move puck by hitting it directly or tapping goalie while the puck is still moving .

          +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

          Glad you enjoyed CD's ..... Later > Bill G

          --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, carlo bossio <bossiocarlo@y...> wrote:

          > When the puck is immobilized behind the goaler you should be able to say freeze right away. No half second 1 second, 3 second!!!! Screw that cause guys can move tables, ram the net, tap the goalie etc. This sometimes non-intentional just in the heat of the game. This way as in game 4 against Dave you clearly see the puck drop after me yelling Time.
          >
          > This way all you have to know is did the puck fall before the Time or after. No seconds nothing, A lot less complicated.
          >
          > Bill I received your cd's & enjoyed them very much. A big thanks once again.
          >
          > See Ya
          >
          > Bill thtor@r... wrote:
          > was a disaster. Please Martin , 3 second freeze or no freeze at all .

          > ---------------------------------
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          > Find your next car at Yahoo! Canada Autos

        • aj5380
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 15, 2005
            Dear Bill and Carlo, my thoughts...I finally got my id back so I can
            post.

            Bill you sound like a real great guy and I look forward to meeting
            you soon. I agree with Carlo. Too many players who whant to win at
            any cost will to anything to get a goal. We have always used
            the "immediate freeze" when the puck is behind the goalie. (25 years
            now) However, if you call a "freeze" while the puck is moving,
            rolling, or spinning, and the center can tap it in with the STICK,
            it's a GOAL. Both players have to be human enough to call it the
            way it was.

            regards

            ...aj5380

            --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <thtor@r...> wrote:

            > You make a good point but , it is hard to tell if the puck has
            stopped.

            > I would like to see the Referee make the call after the player has
            requested it. The player may request it right away. { as you say }

            > 1 second > player calls " freeze " .
            >
            > 2 seconds > referee thinks about if the puck has stopped .
            >
            > 3 seconds > referee calls " stop " .
            >
            > Actually the whole thing is over after about 2 seconds .
            >
            > Centre may only move puck by hitting it directly or tapping goalie
            while the puck is still moving .

            > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
            >
            > Glad you enjoyed CD's ..... Later > Bill G
            >

            > --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, carlo bossio <bossiocarlo@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > When the puck is immobilized behind the goaler you should be
            able to say freeze right away. No half second 1 second, 3 second!!!!
            Screw that cause guys can move tables, ram the net, tap the goalie
            etc. This sometimes non-intentional just in the heat of the game.
            This way as in game 4 against Dave you clearly see the puck drop
            after me yelling Time.

            > > This way all you have to know is did the puck fall before the
            Time or after. No seconds nothing, A lot less complicated.

            > > Bill I received your cd's & enjoyed them very much. A big thanks
            once again.

            > > See Ya
            > >
            > > Bill thtor@r... wrote:
            > > was a disaster. Please Martin , 3 second freeze or no freeze at
            all .

            Service.