Quest for the Crown - Donate Fight Against Cancer_3

  • sabre_in_virginia
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2009
      III. About The Quest

      At a certain point in all of our lives, there is an important quest placed in front of us. Whether it comes from a force beyond our control or from something purely internal, the path ultimately leads to something memorable.

      For The Hockey Guild, the quest is clear and simple: bring together hockey fans from around the world for a four-day fight against cancer in the pristine foothills of the Rocky Mountains.

      Therefore, Quest for the Crown is nothing more than our mission statement of "Education through experience" brought to life in the form of a charity hockey festival. It's all hockey, all weekend long, and it's all for a great cause.

      Quest for the Crown is held at Big Bear Ice Arena in Denver, Colorado and raises funds and awareness for the biggest fight facing humankind - the fight against cancer - through support of the NHL's Hockey Fights Cancer foundation.

      On three different levels; experience, education and expansion, our charity hockey festival includes a series of hockey-related tournaments, games and events that rise funds and awareness for the local hockey scene and the Hockey Fights Cancer foundation.

      Through player and fan interaction, local hockey players join forces in a Quest to advance and enhance the game of hockey.

      In our first-annual event we were honored to raise exactly $6,000 for the NHL's foundation. Thanks to their permission to continue with our charitable mission, our goal is to double the donation and raise $12,000 this summer.

      Quest II's event schedule is highlighted by our main event from last year, the Skate with the Stars celebrity charity game. This game includes pro hockey players and sports personalities from all over Colorado along with a few lucky local hockey players that won a roster spot in our silent auction. This year our new pledge drive will give fans a chance to bid on their favorite celebrity
      player and win prizes if that player scores a goal!

      Quest II also includes a 36-team adult tournament over the course of all four days, along with our Top of the Mountaintable hockey challenge, the Sled Hockey Test-Drive, outdoor street hockey games for the kids, a silent auction, NHL playoffs on HDTV's, great drinks, food, coffee and more.

      CONTACT ME FOR MORE INFORMATION: SABRE_IN_VIRGINIA