Quest for the Crown - Donate Fight Against Cancer_2

  • sabre_in_virginia
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2009
      II. Celebrity Players Unveiled!
      April 27, 2009 at 11:57 pm · Filed under General Updates & News, Silent Auction, "Skate with the Stars"

      So we've been fairly nonchalant about mentioning the players in our Skate with the Stars celebrity charity game on Saturday afternoon, but the time has come to informally announce the rosters for our second-annual skate against cancer.

      This comes just hours after confirming that Damen Rycroft and Scott Wray from the Rocky Mountain Rage will join teammate David Morelliand former teammate and CHL MVP Brent Cullaton in our game.

      TEAM BLUE
      Uncle Nasty - KBPI 106.7 FM
      Brian Maass - CBS News 4
      Alan Gionet - CBS News 4
      Ryan Stewart - Thunderbirds
      Dr. Alan Weintraub - Craig Hospital
      Bill Lecaine - North Dakota Fighting Sioux (prev. w/Pittsburgh Penguins)
      Lance Jaeger - Competitive Edge
      Brent Cullaton - Laredo Bucks
      Scott Wray - Rocky Mountain Rage
      Mike Chambers - Denver Post
      Auction Winner #1
      Auction Winner #2

      TEAM GOLD
      Damen Rycroft - Rocky Mountain Rage
      Nick Larson - DU Pioneers
      David Morelli - Rocky Mountain Rage
      Andrei Krivokrasov - Athletic Republic
      Mike Haynes - Altitude TV
      Marty Richardson - Dawgs / Oracle
      Andrew Pfankuch - Arvada Hockey
      Brian Clark - Rage play by play
      Jesse James - 92.5 The Wolf
      Jake Schroeder - Opie Gone Bad
      Jeremy Chatman - Mile High Moose
      Geoff Dell - Reebok
      Justin Goldman (G) - The Hockey Guild
      Auction Winner #1
      Auction Winner #2

      We are also proud to have former Denver University Pioneers captain Nick Larson joining our game, along with Andrei Krivokrasov, a four-year star at Elmira College and the Director of the all-new Athletic Republic training facility inside Big Bear Ice Arena.

      Some of our other celebrity players this year including Avalanche play-by-play announcer Mike Haynes from Altitude TV, Uncle Nasty from KBPI, Jesse James from 92.5 The Wolf, Alan Gionet and Brian Maass from CBS News 4 and even Jake Schroeder, who will be singing both national anthems prior to the game.

      But there is one player joining us this year that we are extremely honored to have, bringing a deep sense of tradition and pride from the world of college hockey to our Skate with the Stars experience. We are pleased to have Bill LeCaine, a former Pittsburgh Penguins and distinguished alumni of the North Dakota Fighting Sioux joining our game.

      Bill is believed to be the very first native Sioux to play for North Dakota while he was a freshman during the 1958-59 season. He was even recognized as such with a ceremonial puck drop at a Fighting Sioux hockey game back in October, signifying his proud heritage and influence on the Fighting Sioux program in front of thousands of fans.

      We are so excited to have such an awesome group of celebrities coming together on Saturday afternoon to raise awareness about the NHL's fight against cancer!

      Please be sure to visit our silent auction upstairs for information on the following:

      1. How to bid on a roster spot to play in the game
      2. How you can make a small donation for any player
      3. If your player(s) score a goal, you win a prize!
      4. Info on full-service tables to watch the game upstairs

      CONTACT SABRE_IN_VIRGINIA FOR MORE INFORMATION