Re: Drummondville, HTQ - Championship & 3rd Place

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2009
      Wow! Thanks for keeping us posted, Mr. Greg "Sabre in Virginia"
      Scoma. And wow, two championships in a row for Martin Labelle.
      Congrats Martin! And congrats to first-time tourney host, Dany
      Leclerc, and to all of the gang in Quebec!

      Sid :)

      --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, "sabre_in_virginia"
      <sabre_in_virginia@...> wrote:

      > 1st Annual Drummondville, Quebec custom Coleco Tournament
      Championship Series has:

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
        A big thanks to Greg for all the quick updates and all the work he did for us, much appreciated. Ofcourse big thanks to Dany and his brother in law for a great venu and last but not least all the players who came and/or showed interest in our event.

        Even though I had to absence myself in between rounds for a 2 1/2 hour drive to MTL and back to Drummond (I had busness to take care of) I was on complete fire with all my best stuff. In my head I was sure to win it all. Problem was, Sam had the right hose to hose me down!!!! The friken puck just didn't want to fall or stay in the net!!!!!

        Martin is pretty much alone for first unless I can win the last 2 events. Congrates to Martin for 2 wins in a row but remember I have the record with 7 in a row so you know, I am all about challenges. :-)

        The table is pretty much set, come on down in big numbers in Gatineau begginning April, there will be all kinds of drama, fun, good food and a great GREAT organization with great GREAT Tables.

        See you soon.

        <sabre_in_virginia@ ...> wrote:

        > 1st Annual Drummondville, Quebec custom Coleco Tournament
        Championship Series has:
        > Martin Labelle vs Eric Larochelle
        >
        > MARTIN LABELLE WINS!
        >
        > For 3rd Place:
        > Sam Anoussis vs Patrick Cote
        >

        > 1 - MARTIN LABELLE, Champion
        > 2 - Eric Larochelle
        > 3 - Sam Anoussis

      • aj5380
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
          Dany,
          Congratulations for a well run tournament. Wish I could have been
          there. Sorry that you didn't do better, but hey, the tournament
          organizer's curse goes back 2000 years and only misses Carlo's
          tournaments from what I have observed.

          And congratulations to Martin Labelle. Your surface lives on in an
          original 5380 game and is one of our favorite boards.
          On se souviens toujours des grands champions 5380 est les traditions
          de hockey sur table meme en Californie et a Las Vegas!

          Hope to see some Quebecois there next year.

          ...AJ

          )

          > The table is pretty much set, come on down in big numbers in
          Gatineau begginning April, there will be all kinds of drama, fun,
          good food and a great GREAT organization with great GREAT Tables.

          > See you soon.

          email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail. Click on Options in
          Mail and switch to New Mail today or register for free at
          http://mail.yahoo.ca

        • Martin Labelle
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
            Dany's event was great. The homemade trophy are amazing too.

            I don't think the organizer's curse exist. Carlo won his event, I
            did, Burt did, Mark did too...

            Go see the Québec ranking is updated already
            Martin

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
              No curse here, our events are pretty much self running due in big BIG part by Martin's great system. Add to that, Denis, Martin and I set things up in 3 and we have guys like Michel Decarie, Daniel Bordeleau, Francois Cote and some others who know how to fill the scores in the computer and all and voila, a part maybe some spelling mistakes on the names (I do apologize for this) .

              All the results and from all the categories are ready to send the second the event is over, now that's the NHL OF TABLE HOCKEY! Join us on the HTQ Tour, you will play against the best on HIGH QUALITY TABLES, a system that allows for MANY UPSETS, where everyone has a GREAT CHANCE AT CRACKING THE TOP 4 and even WINNING!

              2 new guys ONCE AGAIN made it this time, Sam Anoussis finished 3rd and Eric Larochelle finishes 2nd.

              Way to go boys

              Ciao

              Dany's event was great. The homemade trophy are amazing too.

              I don't think the organizer's curse exist. Carlo won his event, I
              did, Burt did, Mark did too...

              Go see the Québec ranking is updated already
              Martin

              --- In ccth@yahoogroups. com, "aj5380" <aj5380@...> wrote:

              > Dany,
              > Congratulations for a well run tournament. Wish I could have been
              > there. Sorry that you didn't do better, but hey, the tournament
              > organizer's curse goes back 2000 years and only misses Carlo's
              > tournaments from what I have observed.
              >
              > And congratulations to Martin Labelle. Your surface lives on in an
              > original 5380 game and is one of our favorite boards.
              > On se souviens toujours des grands champions 5380 est les
              traditions
              > de hockey sur table meme en Californie et a Las Vegas!
              >
              > Hope to see some Quebecois there next year.
              >
              > ...AJ
              > --- In ccth@yahoogroups. com, carlo bossio <bossiocarlo@ > wrote:
              > >
              > > A big thanks to Greg for all the quick updates and all the work
              he
              > did for us, much appreciated. Ofcourse big thanks to Dany and his
              > brother in law for a great venu and last but not least all the
              > players who came and/or showed interest in our event.
              > >
              > > Even though I had to absence myself in between rounds for a 2 1/2
              > hour drive to MTL and back to Drummond (I had busness to take care
              > of) I was on complete fire with all my best stuff. In my head I was
              > sure to win it all. Problem was, Sam had the right hose to hose me
              > down!!!! The friken puck just didn't want to fall or stay in the
              > net!!!!!
              > >
              > > Martin is pretty much alone for first unless I can win the last 2
              > events. Congrates to Martin for 2 wins in a row but remember I have
              > the record with 7 in a row so you know, I am all about
              challenges. :-
              > )
              > >
              > > The table is pretty much set, come on down in big numbers in
              > Gatineau begginning April, there will be all kinds of drama, fun,
              > good food and a great GREAT organization with great GREAT Tables.
              > >
              > > See you soon.

              All new Yahoo! Mail - Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
                Hey, don't forget me, boys! I did it too :)

                --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Labelle" <coleco@...> wrote:

                > Dany's event was great. The homemade trophy are amazing too.
                >
                > I don't think the organizer's curse exist. Carlo won his event, I
                > did, Burt did, Mark did too...
                >
                > Go see the Québec ranking is updated already
                > Martin
                >

                > --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, "aj5380" <aj5380@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Dany,
                > > Congratulations for a well run tournament. Wish I could have been
                > > there. Sorry that you didn't do better, but hey, the tournament
                > > organizer's curse goes back 2000 years and only misses Carlo's
                > > tournaments from what I have observed.
                > >
                > > And congratulations to Martin Labelle. Your surface lives on in
                an
                > > original 5380 game and is one of our favorite boards.
                > > On se souviens toujours des grands champions 5380 est les
                > traditions
                > > de hockey sur table meme en Californie et a Las Vegas!
                > >
                > > Hope to see some Quebecois there next year.
                > >
                > > ...AJ
                > > --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, carlo bossio <bossiocarlo@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > A big thanks to Greg for all the quick updates and all the work
                > he
                > > did for us, much appreciated. Ofcourse big thanks to Dany and his
                > > brother in law for a great venu and last but not least all the
                > > players who came and/or showed interest in our event.
                > > >
                > > > Even though I had to absence myself in between rounds for a 2
                1/2
                > > hour drive to MTL and back to Drummond (I had busness to take
                care
                > > of) I was on complete fire with all my best stuff. In my head I
                was
                > > sure to win it all. Problem was, Sam had the right hose to hose
                me
                > > down!!!! The friken puck just didn't want to fall or stay in the
                > > net!!!!!
                > > >
                > > > Martin is pretty much alone for first unless I can win the last
                2
                > > events. Congrates to Martin for 2 wins in a row but remember I
                have
                > > the record with 7 in a row so you know, I am all about
                > challenges. :-
                > > )
                > > >
                > > > The table is pretty much set, come on down in big numbers in
                > > Gatineau begginning April, there will be all kinds of drama, fun,
                > > good food and a great GREAT organization with great GREAT Tables.
                > > >
                > > > See you soon.

              • Martin Labelle
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
                  Ha! Ha!
                  I wasn't sure.

                  Hey, don't forget me, boys! I did it too :)

                  --- In ccth@yahoogroups. com, "Martin Labelle" <coleco@...> wrote:

                  > Dany's event was great. The homemade trophy are amazing too.
                  >
                  > I don't think the organizer's curse exist. Carlo won his event, I
                  > did, Burt did, Mark did too...
                  >
                  > Go see the Québec ranking is updated already
                  > Martin
                  >

                  > --- In ccth@yahoogroups. com, "aj5380" <aj5380@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Dany,
                  > > Congratulations for a well run tournament. Wish I could have been
                  > > there. Sorry that you didn't do better, but hey, the tournament
                  > > organizer's curse goes back 2000 years and only misses Carlo's
                  > > tournaments from what I have observed.
                  > >
                  > > And congratulations to Martin Labelle. Your surface lives on in
                  an
                  > > original 5380 game and is one of our favorite boards.
                  > > On se souviens toujours des grands champions 5380 est les
                  > traditions
                  > > de hockey sur table meme en Californie et a Las Vegas!
                  > >
                  > > Hope to see some Quebecois there next year.
                  > >
                  > > ...AJ
                  > > --- In ccth@yahoogroups. com, carlo bossio <bossiocarlo@ > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > A big thanks to Greg for all the quick updates and all the work
                  > he
                  > > did for us, much appreciated. Ofcourse big thanks to Dany and his
                  > > brother in law for a great venu and last but not least all the
                  > > players who came and/or showed interest in our event.
                  > > >
                  > > > Even though I had to absence myself in between rounds for a 2
                  1/2
                  > > hour drive to MTL and back to Drummond (I had busness to take
                  care
                  > > of) I was on complete fire with all my best stuff. In my head I
                  was
                  > > sure to win it all. Problem was, Sam had the right hose to hose
                  me
                  > > down!!!! The friken puck just didn't want to fall or stay in the
                  > > net!!!!!
                  > > >
                  > > > Martin is pretty much alone for first unless I can win the last
                  2
                  > > events. Congrates to Martin for 2 wins in a row but remember I
                  have
                  > > the record with 7 in a row so you know, I am all about
                  > challenges. :-
                  > > )
                  > > >
                  > > > The table is pretty much set, come on down in big numbers in
                  > > Gatineau begginning April, there will be all kinds of drama, fun,
                  > > good food and a great GREAT organization with great GREAT Tables.
                  > > >
                  > > > See you soon.

                • sabre_in_virginia
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
                    Everyone,
                    An update going forward:
                    1-HTQ
                    2-Vegas
                    3-JGG

                    1-HTQ
                    At TableHockeyHeaven, I reorganized quite a few posts begun under
                    different titles for each event and put them under a single title
                    for each tournament. Nothing was deleted, all of the original posts
                    are still there. I copied pasted into an existing thread/string,
                    which can continue to serve each tournamant well into the future.

                    So, for example, each HTQ tournament has its own string/thread. That
                    means there are five threads: Montreal, Sherbrooke, etc. They all
                    follow the format, example: "HTQ Circuit of Tournaments: #3 of 5 -
                    Drummondville."

                    I also created a sixth thread to summarize and post news about the
                    HTQ season, standings, etc. "Hockey Sur Table Quebec Tournaments -
                    News & Summary"

                    Why did I do this? Well, for one the "view/hit" count will continue
                    to increase helping to draw people's attention to that thread, i.e.
                    your tournament. I also did this so people can easily Google search
                    and find in one thread all of the past, current and future
                    information pertaining to that tournament. (Ditto for Vegas & JGG).

                    Finally, there's the Drummondville website:
                    www.leaguelineup.com/Drummondville

                    2-Vegas
                    Similiar to consolidating threads for HTQ, I did the same for the
                    Coleco Cup Las Vegas. All the original threads remain. I copy pasted
                    into one thread that can continue well into the future to be the
                    thread for Vegas.

                    3-Johnny Goodguy (JGG)
                    Ditto my points above.

                    ~gbs
                    Sabre_in_Virginia
                    PS - if anyone who attended or hosted a tournament has news, stories
                    or photos from that tournament, send them to me and I'll find a way
                    to publish them.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 3, 2009
                      There you go, no curse in Quebec and Ontario. :-)

                      Thanks for all you do Greg, its much appreciated by me and also others I hope. You are a true Table Hockey Lover and we need more of you. :-)

                      Lets Play!!!!!