Re: SOKOLSKI WINS PETERBOROUGH CHALLENGE!

    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 19, 2008
      Thanks, Dave, for the kudos about the Challenge. And I say that on
      behalf of my hard-working wife, Maggie, and helpers Karen, Eryn,
      Meghan, Kim and Mariam as well.

      As for Mark winning the championship, yeah, he'll no doubt "flap his
      yap" about it (heh, heh) but this can only be a great thing for table
      hockey as a whole. In my opinion no one has worked harder than Mark
      at promoting the game of table hockey, PP2 or otherwise. And he
      promotes it with little fanfare and cares little for recognition of
      what he does, most of it behind the scenes.

      Well, it's high time he is recognized for it. Mark's championship
      Saturday will no doubt rejuvenate his passion for the game itself and
      for his promotion of it. Many will benefit from it. So, go ahead,
      Mark, flap your yap. Ha Ha! Kudos to you!

      Also, it was a great pleasure to have met the others of the "North
      Pole" crew - Dave, Brandon and Tyler McLaughlin of Petawawa and
      Richard and Ryan Lakhan of Pembroke. These folk were enthusiastic,
      friendly, and a pleasure to host at this event. I look forward to
      meeting you again.

      As for me, well, one day you're top dog, the next day you're not. So
      it goes. But when your game is out of sync and you're feeling a step
      behind it's only a matter of time until you get clobbered in this
      game. And that was it in a nutshell for me.

      Still, I had fun playing a first-time tourney playoff series against
      my lifelong buddy, John Maxwell, then a gruelling 5-game set against
      my son, Dennis Doherty. After that I was easy pickings for Greg
      Peden. And Dave, that was a fun-filled consolation series. Congrats
      on your 3rd-place finish.

      Thanks to all who came out. I hope you had a great day!

      Cheers, Sid.

      --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, Dave Kraehling <superdave3n2@...> wrote:

      > First off Congratulations Mark on a well played tournament. It was
      about time. Now you can flap your yap about how good you are. Way to
      go.
      > Secondly Thanks to Sid for putting on another fine tournament. And
      to all of Maggie's crew for putting on the wonderful spread. The food
      was delicious as usual...
      > I had a great day despite finishing 3rd. We have a great crop of
      PP2 players in Ontario.
      > Thanks All who made this a great day.
      > Super Dave

      Sid

      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 19, 2008
        Thanks for another amazing show, Sidster!

        We had a pretty happy drive back to Petawawa - Brandon is thrilled after his amazing performance to come back and capture the B-division title.  We felt a little of that  'table hockey magic' that comes from the personal connections and comraderie of a special moment, as both of us were trailing 3 games to 2 in our respective finals ... we looked at each other in the eyes when taking a break and decided that we didn't come this far to settle for second place.  Amazingly enough, the go-to-play that I suggested to him won him game 7... BUT HE SHOWED ME THE MOVE THAT I SCORED MY FIRST 2 GOALS ON AGAINST GREG IN GAME 7!!!  I thanked him for a looooong time in the car on the way home... and we owe each other for the advice columns!

        Greg played really good! I don't think I saw a single mistake on his part.. he is truly a supreme top-level player, who can execute razor-sharp plays better than any of us.  The games I won were by playing perfect defense and getting one or two clutch goals.  Greg has made every single Toronto finals, and 3 out of 4 Peterborough finals... so HE is definitely the most consistent champion.  I feel somewhat privileged that I have my two PP2 championship final victories against Greg (each win came in a game 7).  Greg and I are now 2-2 against each other in the Finals (although he has appeared in many more finals than I).  Way to go, Peden...

        Bill Holdcroft was unreal! I don't know how this guy just never goes away when you have a series with him!!! I was getting so rattled by the old man and just squeaked out that one... hats off to ya, Bill!

        Thanks to all for the kind words...
        sokolskinator is back!

        To: ccth@yahoogroups.com
        From: sidkloosterman@...
        Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 02:52:47 +0000
        Subject: [ccth] SOKOLSKI WINS PETERBOROUGH CHALLENGE!

[...]

        Use Windows Live Messenger to send messages to your buddies on their mobile phones Find out more on our PC to Mobile website
      • Jim Rzonca
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 19, 2008
          CONGRATULATIONS Mark! You and Turner win. Nice day for Ontario!

          POLISH POWER!
          Jim Rzonca

          --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, m c <torontotablehockey@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for another amazing show, Sidster!
          >
          > We had a pretty happy drive back to Petawawa - Brandon is thrilled
          after his amazing performance to come back and capture the B-division
          title. We felt a little of that 'table hockey magic' that comes
          from the personal connections and comraderie of a special moment, as
          both of us were trailing 3 games to 2 in our respective finals ... we
          looked at each other in the eyes when taking a break and decided that
          we didn't come this far to settle for second place. Amazingly
          enough, the go-to-play that I suggested to him won him game 7... BUT
          HE SHOWED ME THE MOVE THAT I SCORED MY FIRST 2 GOALS ON AGAINST GREG
          IN GAME 7!!! I thanked him for a looooong time in the car on the way
          home... and we owe each other for the advice columns!

          > Greg played really good! I don't think I saw a single mistake on
          his part.. he is truly a supreme top-level player, who can execute
          razor-sharp plays better than any of us. The games I won were by
          playing perfect defense and getting one or two clutch goals. Greg
          has made every single Toronto finals, and 3 out of 4 Peterborough
          finals... so HE is definitely the most consistent champion. I feel
          somewhat privileged that I have my two PP2 championship final
          victories against Greg (each win came in a game 7). Greg and I are
          now 2-2 against each other in the Finals (although he has appeared in
          many more finals than I). Way to go, Peden...

          > Bill Holdcroft was unreal! I don't know how this guy just never
          goes away when you have a series with him!!! I was getting so rattled
          by the old man and just squeaked out that one... hats off to ya, Bill!

          > Thanks to all for the kind words...
          > sokolskinator is back!
          >

          > To: ccth@...: sidkloosterman@...: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 02:52:47
          +0000Subject: [ccth] SOKOLSKI WINS PETERBOROUGH CHALLENGE!

          > Mark Sokolski beat Greg Peden in seven games to win the fourth
          annual Peterborough PP2 Challenge Saturday. The championship is
          Mark's first PP2 tourney championship since winning the 2003 Toronto
          Classic.The Sokolskinator compiled a 7-0-1 first round record then
          went 9-0-0 versus the top ten in the second round robin before taking
          on all comers in the playoffs. Way to go, Markey-Mark! It's been a
          long time coming.Young Brandon McLaughlin made it a Petawawa sweep by
          beating Peterborough's Jared Ellis in seven games to win the B
          championship. Kudos to you, Brandon! Looks like the North Pole is
          producing a great crop of table hockey players!Dave Kraehling took
          the 3rd-place prize with his series win over Sid Kloosterman while
          Sue Elias, for the second year in a row, won 3rd-in-the-B honors with
          her series win over Dylan O'Hagan.Twenty-eight players took part and
          a great time was had by all. For tourney details visit
          www.ontariotablehockey.com.Cheers, Sid.

        • Bill H
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 19, 2008
            Congrats, Mark, on a well-deserved win. You played some incredible
            table hockey yesterday -- slick, creative and varied offense, tight
            defense and few mistakes. Very smart play. Greg was on, too, as he
            usually is, but I'm glad you were able to take it in 7.

            Thanks for the kind words, as well. You embarrased me in the first
            game, and the 6-0 score was not indicative of how you dominated me --
            my defense and goalie actually played pretty well. I never had the
            puck for more than a few seconds. Your puck retrieval and possession
            game were outstanding. After that I just tried to play defense and
            keep the score down and hope I could pop in a couple. I was just
            happy I could keep it close the rest of the way.

            Another great event well-organized by Maggie and Sid, with a crew of
            helpers. Too bad we only had 28 players -- too bad for the rest of
            you, I mean. We had a great group of players, a great time, great
            competition, and a great new champion!

            Bashin' Bill

            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 21, 2008
              Congrates Mark, all you need now is to start kicking arsss on Coleco. :-)  Any chances we see some of the Ontario boys other than "Super" Dave in Sherbrooke on Nov 15th???? Its going to be another great HTQ produced tournament.

              PS: Super Dave will become "Supper" Dave when I'm done eating him!!!! LOL

              Come on folks from all across North America, 33 are already on board, what you waiting for?

              Peace

              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 22, 2008
                Know what Carlo? I would not be surprised if Justin and I attend Gatineau, and maybe even my two new superstars - the Driscoll twins.  I have definitely let the passion fizzle away in he last few years (at least it did not die) as  I went from 9 events in 2005,to 5 events in 2006, to 2 events in 2007/08 ... almost felt it slipping away.  But that is life with kids at home...

                with the new young players I am training, I feel a bit more 'alive' in the table hockey scene again.

                I suspect I would like to go fly over the frenchmen in gatineau... get back to ya on tha soon. My son's first birthday is i November and we are planning the date still, so I may be tied up...

                mark (the sokolskinator!)

                p.s. SID - get tha ramking page changed... the #1 face shot is ugly and it scares visitors away from the site... ;)

                To: ccth@yahoogroups.com

> [...]

                annual Peterborough PP2 Challenge Saturday. The championship is
                Mark's first PP2 tourney championship since winning the 2003 Toronto
                Classic.The Sokolskinator compiled a 7-0-1 first round record then
                went 9-0-0 versus the top ten in the second round robin before taking
                on all comers in the playoffs. Way to go, Markey-Mark! It's been a
                long time coming.Young Brandon McLaughlin made it a Petawawa sweep by
                beating Peterborough' s Jared Ellis in seven games to win the B
                championship. Kudos to you, Brandon! Looks like the North Pole is
                producing a great crop of table hockey players!Dave Kraehling took
                the 3rd-place prize with his series win over Sid Kloosterman while
                Sue Elias, for the second year in a row, won 3rd-in-the-B honors with
                her series win over Dylan O'Hagan.Twenty- eight players took part and
                a great time was had by all. For tourney details visit

                Upgrade to Hotmail Plus and share more photos with bigger attachments. Click here to find out how Click here to find out how
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 22, 2008
                  Sokolskinator, it's the McLaughlin twins, not the Driscoll twins.
                  Their father, Dave, had me change their names from Driscoll to
                  McLaughlin on the schedules. That seemed very important to him.

                  Everything's set to be changed on the Ontario site. Hopefully it will
                  happen tonight. I need to get hold of Shaun to upload the pics and
                  other stuff I have. Bill has all the Challenge results from all the
                  pools and will upload those soon as well (and the rankings too, I
                  presume). As for the number-one ranked handsome player in Ontario,
                  people will now need to scroll down to the third spot to see him. Ha
                  Ha!

                  Cheers, Sid.

                  --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, m c <torontotablehockey@...> wrote:

                  > Know what Carlo? I would not be surprised if Justin and I attend
                  Gatineau, and maybe even my two new superstars - the Driscoll twins.
                  I have definitely let the passion fizzle away in he last few years
                  (at least it did not die) as I went from 9 events in 2005,to 5
                  events in 2006, to 2 events in 2007/08 ... almost felt it slipping
                  away. But that is life with kids at home...

                  > with the new young players I am training, I feel a bit more 'alive'
                  in the table hockey scene again.

                  > I suspect I would like to go fly over the frenchmen in gatineau...
                  get back to ya on tha soon. My son's first birthday is i November and
                  we are planning the date still, so I may be tied up...

                  > mark (the sokolskinator!)
                  >
                  > p.s. SID - get tha ramking page changed... the #1 face shot is ugly
                  and it scares visitors away from the site... ;)

                  > To: ccth@...: bossiocarlo@...: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 21:11:47 -
                  0700Subject: Re: [ccth] Re: SOKOLSKI WINS PETERBOROUGH CHALLENGE!

                  PETERBOROUGH CHALLENGE!To: ccth@...: Sunday, October 19, 2008, 2:39 PM

                  <torontotablehockey @...> wrote:>> > Thanks for another amazing show,
                  Sidster!> > We had a pretty happy drive back to Petawawa - Brandon is
                  thrilled after his amazing performance to come back and capture the B-
                  division title. We felt a little of that 'table hockey magic' that
                  comes from the personal connections and comraderie of a special
                  moment, as both of us were trailing 3 games to 2 in our respective
                  finals ... we looked at each other in the eyes when taking a break
                  and decided that we didn't come this far to settle for second place.
                  Amazingly enough, the go-to-play that I suggested to him won him game
                  7... BUT HE SHOWED ME THE MOVE THAT I SCORED MY FIRST 2 GOALS ON
                  AGAINST GREG IN GAME 7!!! I thanked him for a looooong time in the
                  car on the way home... and we owe each other for the advice columns!>
                  > Greg played really good! I don't think I saw a single mistake on
                  his part.. he is truly a supreme top-level player, who can execute
                  razor-sharp plays better than any of us. The games I won were by
                  playing perfect defense and getting one or two clutch goals. Greg has
                  made every single Toronto finals, and 3 out of 4 Peterborough
                  finals... so HE is definitely the most consistent champion. I feel
                  somewhat privileged that I have my two PP2 championship final
                  victories against Greg (each win came in a game 7). Greg and I are
                  now 2-2 against each other in the Finals (although he has appeared in
                  many more finals than I). Way to go, Peden...> > Bill Holdcroft was
                  unreal! I don't know how this guy just never goes away when you have
                  a series with him!!! I was getting so rattled by the old man and just
                  squeaked out that one... hats off to ya, Bill!> > Thanks to all for
                  the kind words...> sokolskinator is back!> > > > > > > > To: ccth@:
                  sidkloosterman@ ...: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 02:52:47 +0000Subject: [ccth]
                  SOKOLSKI WINS PETERBOROUGH CHALLENGE!> > > > > Mark Sokolski beat
                  _________ _>

                  > Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Yahoo! Canada
                  Messenger

                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 22, 2008
                    Well boys, as long as I see you somewhere, its al good. :-) Driscoll? As in those great Rasberries Driscoll's or not them at all? Not that it matters, just keep the fire alive, its all good.

                    PS: You are both wrong, to see the handsome pic you have to check out the number 1 yes, but on the HTQ rankings. hahahahahahahah

                    Peace

                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 22, 2008

                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 22, 2008
                        Carlo, the most handsome pic I have of you is the one that was taken
                        before I clobbered you 7-2 on PP2 at Montreal! You didn't look so
                        good after that, though. Ha Ha Ha Ha!

                        Cheers, Sid.

                        --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, carlo bossio <bossiocarlo@...> wrote:

                        > Well boys, as long as I see you somewhere, its al good. :-)
                        Driscoll? As in those great Rasberries Driscoll's or not them at all?
                        Not that it matters, just keep the fire alive, its all good.

                        > PS: You are both wrong, to see the handsome pic you have to check
                        out the number 1 yes, but on the HTQ rankings. hahahahahahahah

                        > Peace

                        Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA at
                        http://ca.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php

                        Message 11 of 18 , Oct 22, 2008
                          Darn, I knew I should have taken a pic of you when I took my revenge in Sherbrooke. Haha

                          Who knows, I might just make a PP2 event one day!!!! Problem, I need to have an event that is within a 2 hour drive!!!!!

                          Ciao

                          Message 12 of 18 , Oct 22, 2008
                            Aw, c'mon, Carlo, that game at Sherbrooke was just an exhibition
                            game. You can't count that :)

                            Hey Mark, did you read what Carlo wrote? This should mean PP2 at
                            Ottawa, don't you think? Get on the phones! Book a hall! Call the
                            press!

                            Cheers, Sid.

                            --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, carlo bossio <bossiocarlo@...> wrote:

                            > Darn, I knew I should have taken a pic of you when I took my
                            revenge in Sherbrooke. Haha

                            > Who knows, I might just make a PP2 event one day!!!! Problem, I
                            need to have an event that is within a 2 hour drive!!!!!

                            > Ciao

                            bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now at

                            Message 13 of 18 , Oct 22, 2008
                              2009, in Ottawa or closer I'm there. 2:00 hour drive, I'll give it a go. In the mean time, get practicing on the Coleco's boys, toughest game out there wher the competition is insane and the fun even greater then that!!!!

                              Sherbrooke Nov 15th, i beleive 33 are already signed up. No matter what skill level you are at, fun awaits you, BE THERE!!!!

                              Ciao

                              Message 14 of 18 , Oct 23, 2008
                                I am looking for new venues where people might step up to start a powerplay2 event.   Ottawa would be great (just for you, bossio... haha) if anyone can pass me any names along.  However, other Ontario or Quebec locations would be great. I think I can provide some free start up games to get the thing rolling so all we need is some individual(s) who have that organizing bug in them...

                                please let me know if you have someone in mind or if you personally could take this interest.

                                Thanks.
                                Mark
                                torontotablehockey@...

                                Message 15 of 18 , Nov 27, 2008
                                  Greetings Table Hockey Friends...
                                  The 10th Anniversary of the Toronto Classic Table Hockey Championships is officially scheduled
                                  for Saturday, March 21, 2009.  This event will be action-packed, with lots of add-ons such as T-shirts, special prizes, open buffet table, a cash bar, DJ Skip providing music, big screen TV showing hockey and table hockey highlights from the generations, media display, TV and newspaper coverage from Toronto Media... and more to come!

                                  If you have not yet attended, please book it and make it happen this year.  Participation will be limited to 80 people and only the first 50 registered will get their table hockey Classic T-shirt!

                                  Registration details available upon request by emailing torontotablehockey@...

                                  Cheers boys!
                                  See ya on the other side...

                                  Mark Sokolski

                                  Turn email contacts into buddies, and you could win. Enter today.