THE ECCENTRIC INVENTOR HAS DONE IT!

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2008
      I did it! I really did it! I built a solid-surface Powerplay2 game!

      And I plan to upgrade an additional three to be used in the A pool's
      second round robin and subsequent A Division playoffs. (Time and
      money is limited, thus making it impossible to upgrade all ten games
      before the Challenge).

      After much wasted time scratching my head and making four trips to
      Home Depot Monday - one of which I returned home empty-handed and out
      of ideas - I completed the first solid-surace PP2 game at 2:20 am.
      Tuesday.

      The entire assembly is independant of the mini-table and consists of
      eight L-shaped metal brackets and eight levelling screws that require
      three nuts per screw. One nut secures the screw on the bracket while
      the other two act as adjustable clamps at the top and bottom of a one-
      by-one inch strip of wood.

      Wooden blocks placed in the corners of the underside of the game abut
      plastic mouldings alongside the wingers' slots and keep the winger-to-
      boards-area immoveable as well.

      PLAYERS ARE STRICTLY FORBIDDEN TO BEND RODS IN THE HOPES OF
      MANIPULATING THE GAME'S PLAYING SURFACE. IT CANNOT BE DONE. PLAYERS
      WHO ATTEMPT THIS WILL SUCCEED ONLY IN WARPING AND RUINING THE RODS.

      Back to work I go...on the games, that is.

      Cheers, Sid.