Re: IT'S POWERPLAY2 TIME! --- Market

    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
      Carlo, Irwin's plans to increase production of its PP2 games is still
      great news for Coleco players. Mark's tourney flyer in every box
      advertises Quebec tourneys as well as Ontario tourneys. (Not sure if
      you knew that).

      So, a father buys his kid a PP2 game, makes note of the tourney flyer
      and makes an inquiry. Having played Coleco as a kid, he learns of all
      the Coleco tourneys being held and voila - Quebec gets the dad and
      Ontario gets the kid! Ha Ha!

      Another spin-off is that within a couple of years many of these PP2
      games will become available at yard sales for as little as $5.00.
      There's all the rods you'll need to make more Coleco games. Irwin's
      plans for increased production is a win-win situation for all table
      hockey players and organizations.

      Cheers, Sid.

      --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, carlo bossio <bossiocarlo@...> wrote:

      > The Irwin boys should seriously look into making our Carleco models
      at affordable prices. Then, sales might climb even further more. Best
      selling model of all times and now improved, how can they go wrong? I
      am easy to find, contact me. :-)

      > PS: Have a great tournament guys, I'm sure Peterbourough will rock
      again this year. Man alot of folks are playing table hockey.

      > PS: www.fih2009.com Go see all info on the biggest international
      all hockey in all its forms week-end competitons happening in Febuary
      2009. The TH section will be played on none other than the Carleco
      games. Sign up to join a team or make your own, you will love the
      experience. Check it out today.

      > Ciao

      the demand and they received pre-orders between 10 and 20thousand
      games for the 2008-2009 season. Most sell around Christmas.  Ithink
      they will easily sell 10000 games this year...

      > The Irwin boys are business men down to the core and they know what
      they are doing...

      > Mark and Justin now confirmed for the peterborough tourney ....
      maybe a few other youngsters also!

      > To: ccth@yahoogroups. com
      > From: sidkloosterman@ hotmail.com
      > Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:48:32 +0000
      > Subject: [ccth] Re: IT'S POWERPLAY2 TIME! --- Market
      >

      > Guess this means you're not coming to my tourney, huh, Greg?
      >
      > --- In ccth@yahoogroups. com, "sabre_in_virginia"
      > <sabre_in_virginia@ ...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Certainly not one of my typical TH posts...
      > >
      > > I don't know if I were IRWIN that I'd up my production units from
      > 2k
      > > to 10k units, based on the current market conditions. I don't
      > expect
      > > most consumers to open up their pocket books for discretionary
      > > items. Retail, as a sector, should do poorly with the exception
      > > budget stores like Wal-Mart. Does IRWIN have any facts to support
      > > their production plans? For example, with Harley's, when the
      price
      > > of gas goes up (more costly to be a car owner), the number of
      > > Harley's sold increases.
      > >
      > > A few minutes ago, I read how today's US single biggest day
      decline
      > > is continuing to spread. Canada is on that list.
      > > Global mayhem
      > > • Record U.S. stock losses
      > > • Treasurys extend gains
      > > • Gold tops $900 an ounce
      > > • Crude futures plummet 9%
      > > • Dollar off highs as bailout fails
      > > • U.S. corn drops 5.5%
      > > • Europe loss 2nd worst of '08
      > > • London falls on financials
      > > • Russia joins sell-off
      > > • Moody's downgrades Fortis
      > > • Latin America slides
      > > • Canadian stocks plunge
      > >
      > > This means many good companies whose shares would normally sell
      > > higher, are much lower, (on sale).
      > >
      > > If you've got some spare change around---only what you can afford
      > > lose (that's important), you might put it into the market about
      > this
      > > Friday or Tuesday of next week. I've been buying carefully here
      and
      > > there for stocks normally at $60, but now around $2-$8.
      > >
      > > Here's a good example of affordable stocks with potential. I
      spent
      > > only $40 dollars total: McDermott (MDR), is a Houston-based
      > > engineering and construction company. Its selling now for $23.96,
      > > but as the market comes back I expect it will continue to $60+.
      Its
      > > a well-run company, great P/E, and high ratings. I originally
      > bought
      > > 10.84 shares at $3.68 per share (w/fee total cost $40.00). Even
      in
      > > current market conditions, I remain ahead worth $259.96 (549.90%
      > > increase).
      > >
      > > Go in the opposite direction of the crowd!
      > >
      > > Sabre_in_Virginia
      > >

      > > --- In ccth@yahoogroups. com, "flyindutchman45" <sidkloosterman@
      >
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hey gang, the latest news in Powerplay2 is that the Irwin Toys
      > > office
      > > > has moved from it's former Toronto location to an office in the
      > > same
      > > > strip mall as Guy Mason's company office. Guy can walk there
      any
      > > time!
      > > >
      > > > According to Guy, Irwin Toys plans to increase it's production
      of
      > > the
      > > > Powerplay2 game from last year's two thousand to ten thousand
      > this
      > > > year. Also, each box will contain a package of flat players as
      > > well as
      > > > the 3-D players. Add to that, Mark Sokolski's tournament flyer
      in
      > > every
      > > > box and this makes for great news for all!
      > > >
      > > > The upcoming Peterborough Challenge PP2 tourney will expand
      it's
      > > second
      > > > round robin pools from it's former number of eight players per
      > > pool to
      > > > up to twelve. This means more games and more fun!
      > > >
      > > > Entry fees received in advance of October 18 would be greatly
      > > > appreciated. Thanks.
      > > >
      > > > Cheers, Sid.
      > > >

      > Upgrade to Hotmail Plus and share more photos with bigger
      attachments. Click here to find out how Click here to find out how

      email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail. Click on Options in
      Mail and switch to New Mail today or register for free at
      http://mail.yahoo.ca

    • sabre_in_virginia
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
        Sid & Mark,
        I stated that there might be some counter-intuitive reason and with
        10,000 pre-sold games. There it is!

        Getting 10,000 flyers out exactly to your target audience marketing
        table hockey in Ontario and Quebec is fantastic!

        I was going to tell you my stories, but the fact is we've all tried
        one thing or another to advertise and market table hockey. Often we
        hit the general public or better those who go to NHL games. But, as
        far as I know, hitting exactly our target audience (those who buy
        table hockey games) in the quantity you will be hitting (10,000) is
        unheard of in recent years. Congratulations!

        So, with 10,000 games out at Christmas and to capitalize on that
        interest, desiring to test their skills...do you envision a PP2
        tournament in early January? How about "PP2 01.09.09"?

        Congrats Again!

        Cheers!

        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
          Well seen like that Sid, build, build, build, hahaha.

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
            Apparently, Mark's flyers have been placed in PP2 boxes for at least
            the past six months. Here's a trivia question: Who was the first
            CCTHF player to discover a tourney flyer in a new PP2 box? Answer:
            Martin Labelle of Sherbrooke, Quebec.

            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 3, 2008
              Anyone who can get their ass out to Peterborough has GOT to attend Sid's tourney... great time, super atmosphere, fantastic competition at all play levels... table hockey table hockey table hockey table hockeytable hockey table hockeytable hockey table hockey
              table hockey table hockey
              table hockey table hockey
              table hockey table hockey
              table hockey table hockey
              table hockey table hockey
              table hockey table hockey
              table hockey table hockey
                here's a few more good reasons!

              get out there and support the tourneys gang!!!

              (this message has been paid for the Sid Kloosterman for Prime Minister foundation)

              To: ccth@yahoogroups.com
              From: sidkloosterman@...
              Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 02:46:57 +0000

              Mark AND Justin are now confirmed for the Challenge? Awesome! First
              good table hockey news I've recieved all day. Thanks, Mark. I needed
              that.
              --- In ccth@yahoogroups. com, m c <torontotablehockey @...> wrote:

              > I-toys could not make enough powerplay2 games last year to support
              the demand and they received pre-orders between 10 and 20thousand
              games for the 2008-2009 season. Most sell around Christmas. Ithink
              they will easily sell 10000 games this year...

              > The Irwin boys are business men down to the core and they know what
              they are doing...

              > Mark and Justin now confirmed for the peterborough tourney ....
              maybe a few other youngsters also!

              > To: ccth@...: sidkloosterman@ ...: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:48:32
              +0000Subject: [ccth] Re: IT'S POWERPLAY2 TIME! --- Market

              > Guess this means you're not coming to my tourney, huh, Greg?--- In
              ccth@yahoogroups. com, "sabre_in_virginia" <sabre_in_virginia@ >
              wrote:>> Certainly not one of my typical TH posts...> > I don't know
              if I were IRWIN that I'd up my production units from 2k > to 10k
              units, based on the current market conditions. I don't expect > most
              consumers to open up their pocket books for discretionary > items.
              Retail, as a sector, should do poorly with the exception > budget
              stores like Wal-Mart. Does IRWIN have any facts to support > their
              production plans? For example, with Harley's, when the price > of gas
              goes up (more costly to be a car owner), the number of > Harley's
              sold increases.> > A few minutes ago, I read how today's US single
              biggest day decline > is continuing to spread. Canada is on that
              list.> Global mayhem > • Record U.S. stock losses> • Treasurys extend
              gains> • Gold tops $900 an ounce > • Crude futures plummet 9%> •
              Dollar off highs as bailout fails> • U.S. corn drops 5.5% > • Europe
              loss 2nd worst of '08> • London falls on financials> • Russia joins
              sell-off> • Moody's downgrades Fortis > • Latin America slides> •
              Canadian stocks plunge > > This means many good companies whose
              shares would normally sell > higher, are much lower, (on sale).> > If
              you've got some spare change around---only what you can afford to >

              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 3, 2008
                Thanks for the kudos, Mark, but if I were the Prime Minister people
                would be slow to pay taxes the same way they're slow to pay entry
                fees.

                Here are the paid entrants for the Peterborough Challenge tourney
                which is scheduled for two weeks from now - Bill Holdcroft, Cameron
                Sherwood, Sue Elias, Guy Mason.

                Remember the Hamilton tourney? Hmmm...

                Sid.

                maybe a few other youngsters also!> > m> > > > To: ccth@:
                sidkloosterman@: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:48:32 +0000Subject: [ccth] Re:

                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 3, 2008
                  My apologies for the negativity, folks. This thing's gonna work out
                  just like it does every year. Let's play table hockey. Rah, rah,
                  rah!!!!! (But I will say that organizers know best the roller coaster
                  ride of hosting a tourney.)

                  Cheers, Sid.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 30, 2009
                    Last October with the economy just initiating contact with the iceberg, I suggested how you could make some money (whether you had $50 or $500). I specifically mentioned one stock, McDermott (MDR) traded on the NYSE.

                    I wasn't talking out my kazoo. Since when I bought $370 of McDermott, it has gone up 65.89%. ($244.23 in gross profit).

                    I also bought $197 (see not a lot of money) of Temple-Inland (TIN), and it is now up a whopping 148.7%, or $293 gross profit.

                    Let me spin this another way using TIN as an example. You could have invested $197, and used the gross profit $293 to buy one of Carlo's custom coleco games (still keeping the $197). Put another way, you could have bought his game in a sense for free. Or you could have used it to spring you from the house, telling your wife you weren't spending any of the house's cash but instead only what you made and gone to some far off tournament, like Vegas.

                    Simply put, I was just trying to help you make some money and wanted to let you know I wasn't BS'g you last fall. I know it seems a bit daunting to do, or a bit scary, but if you ever want to dip your toe in, I will help you.

                    Message to Sid, did Irwin sell 10,000 units/games by Christmas?