RE: [ccth] Re: IT'S POWERPLAY2 TIME! --- Market

    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 30, 2008
      The Irwin boys should seriously look into making our Carleco models at affordable prices. Then, sales might climb even further more. Best selling model of all times and now improved, how can they go wrong? I am easy to find, contact me. :-)

      PS: Have a great tournament guys, I'm sure Peterbourough will rock again this year. Man alot of folks are playing table hockey.

      PS: www.fih2009.com Go see all info on the biggest international all hockey in all its forms week-end competitons happening in Febuary 2009. The TH section will be played on none other than the Carleco games. Sign up to join a team or make your own, you will love the experience. Check it out today.

      Ciao

      From: sidkloosterman@ hotmail.com
      Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:48:32 +0000
      Subject: [ccth] Re: IT'S POWERPLAY2 TIME! --- Market

      Guess this means you're not coming to my tourney, huh, Greg?

      --- In ccth@yahoogroups. com, "sabre_in_virginia"
      <sabre_in_virginia@ ...> wrote:

> [...]
      > their production plans? For example, with Harley's, when the price
      > of gas goes up (more costly to be a car owner), the number of
      > Harley's sold increases.
      >
      > A few minutes ago, I read how today's US single biggest day decline
      > is continuing to spread. Canada is on that list.
      > Global mayhem
      > • Record U.S. stock losses
      > • Treasurys extend gains
      > • Gold tops $900 an ounce
      > • Crude futures plummet 9%
      > • Dollar off highs as bailout fails
      > • U.S. corn drops 5.5%
      > • Europe loss 2nd worst of '08
      > • London falls on financials
      > • Russia joins sell-off
      > • Moody's downgrades Fortis
      > • Latin America slides
      > • Canadian stocks plunge
      >
      > This means many good companies whose shares would normally sell
      > higher, are much lower, (on sale).
      >
      > If you've got some spare change around---only what you can afford
      > lose (that's important), you might put it into the market about
      this
      > Friday or Tuesday of next week. I've been buying carefully here and
      > there for stocks normally at $60, but now around $2-$8.
      >
      > Here's a good example of affordable stocks with potential. I spent
      > only $40 dollars total: McDermott (MDR), is a Houston-based
      > engineering and construction company. Its selling now for $23.96,
      > but as the market comes back I expect it will continue to $60+. Its
      > a well-run company, great P/E, and high ratings. I originally
      bought
      > 10.84 shares at $3.68 per share (w/fee total cost $40.00). Even in
      > current market conditions, I remain ahead worth $259.96 (549.90%
      > increase).
      >
      > Go in the opposite direction of the crowd!
      >
      > Sabre_in_Virginia
      >

      > --- In ccth@yahoogroups. com, "flyindutchman45" <sidkloosterman@ >
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey gang, the latest news in Powerplay2 is that the Irwin Toys
      > office
      > > has moved from it's former Toronto location to an office in the
      > same
      > > strip mall as Guy Mason's company office. Guy can walk there any
      > time!
      > >
      > > According to Guy, Irwin Toys plans to increase it's production of
      > the
      > > Powerplay2 game from last year's two thousand to ten thousand
      this
      > > year. Also, each box will contain a package of flat players as
      > well as
      > > the 3-D players. Add to that, Mark Sokolski's tournament flyer in
      > every
      > > box and this makes for great news for all!
      > >
      > > The upcoming Peterborough Challenge PP2 tourney will expand it's
      > second
      > > round robin pools from it's former number of eight players per
      > pool to
      > > up to twelve. This means more games and more fun!
      > >
      > > Entry fees received in advance of October 18 would be greatly

      Upgrade to Hotmail Plus and share more photos with bigger attachments. Click here to find out how Click here to find out how

      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
        Carlo, Irwin's plans to increase production of its PP2 games is still
        great news for Coleco players. Mark's tourney flyer in every box
        advertises Quebec tourneys as well as Ontario tourneys. (Not sure if
        you knew that).

        So, a father buys his kid a PP2 game, makes note of the tourney flyer
        and makes an inquiry. Having played Coleco as a kid, he learns of all
        the Coleco tourneys being held and voila - Quebec gets the dad and
        Ontario gets the kid! Ha Ha!

        Another spin-off is that within a couple of years many of these PP2
        games will become available at yard sales for as little as $5.00.
        There's all the rods you'll need to make more Coleco games. Irwin's
        plans for increased production is a win-win situation for all table
        hockey players and organizations.

        Cheers, Sid.

        --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, carlo bossio <bossiocarlo@...> wrote:

        > The Irwin boys should seriously look into making our Carleco models
        at affordable prices. Then, sales might climb even further more. Best
        selling model of all times and now improved, how can they go wrong? I
        am easy to find, contact me. :-)

        > PS: Have a great tournament guys, I'm sure Peterbourough will rock
        again this year. Man alot of folks are playing table hockey.

        > PS: www.fih2009.com Go see all info on the biggest international
        all hockey in all its forms week-end competitons happening in Febuary
        2009. The TH section will be played on none other than the Carleco
        games. Sign up to join a team or make your own, you will love the
        experience. Check it out today.

        > Ciao

        email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail. Click on Options in
        Mail and switch to New Mail today or register for free at
        http://mail.yahoo.ca

      • sabre_in_virginia
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
          Sid & Mark,
          I stated that there might be some counter-intuitive reason and with
          10,000 pre-sold games. There it is!

          Getting 10,000 flyers out exactly to your target audience marketing
          table hockey in Ontario and Quebec is fantastic!

          I was going to tell you my stories, but the fact is we've all tried
          one thing or another to advertise and market table hockey. Often we
          hit the general public or better those who go to NHL games. But, as
          far as I know, hitting exactly our target audience (those who buy
          table hockey games) in the quantity you will be hitting (10,000) is
          unheard of in recent years. Congratulations!

          So, with 10,000 games out at Christmas and to capitalize on that
          interest, desiring to test their skills...do you envision a PP2
          tournament in early January? How about "PP2 01.09.09"?

          Congrats Again!

          Cheers!

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
            Well seen like that Sid, build, build, build, hahaha.

            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
              Apparently, Mark's flyers have been placed in PP2 boxes for at least
              the past six months. Here's a trivia question: Who was the first
              CCTHF player to discover a tourney flyer in a new PP2 box? Answer:
              Martin Labelle of Sherbrooke, Quebec.

              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 3, 2008
                Anyone who can get their ass out to Peterborough has GOT to attend Sid's tourney... great time, super atmosphere, fantastic competition at all play levels... table hockey table hockey table hockey table hockeytable hockey table hockeytable hockey table hockey
                table hockey table hockey
                table hockey table hockey
                table hockey table hockey
                table hockey table hockey
                table hockey table hockey
                table hockey table hockey
                table hockey table hockey
                  here's a few more good reasons!

                get out there and support the tourneys gang!!!

                (this message has been paid for the Sid Kloosterman for Prime Minister foundation)

                To: ccth@yahoogroups.com
                From: sidkloosterman@...
                Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 02:46:57 +0000

                Mark AND Justin are now confirmed for the Challenge? Awesome! First
                good table hockey news I've recieved all day. Thanks, Mark. I needed
                that.
                --- In ccth@yahoogroups. com, m c <torontotablehockey @...> wrote:

                > I-toys could not make enough powerplay2 games last year to support
                the demand and they received pre-orders between 10 and 20thousand
                games for the 2008-2009 season. Most sell around Christmas. Ithink
                they will easily sell 10000 games this year...

                > The Irwin boys are business men down to the core and they know what
                they are doing...

                > Mark and Justin now confirmed for the peterborough tourney ....
                maybe a few other youngsters also!

                > To: ccth@...: sidkloosterman@ ...: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:48:32
                +0000Subject: [ccth] Re: IT'S POWERPLAY2 TIME! --- Market

                > Guess this means you're not coming to my tourney, huh, Greg?--- In
                ccth@yahoogroups. com, "sabre_in_virginia" <sabre_in_virginia@ >
                wrote:>> Certainly not one of my typical TH posts...> > I don't know
                if I were IRWIN that I'd up my production units from 2k > to 10k
                units, based on the current market conditions. I don't expect > most
                consumers to open up their pocket books for discretionary > items.
                Retail, as a sector, should do poorly with the exception > budget
                stores like Wal-Mart. Does IRWIN have any facts to support > their
                production plans? For example, with Harley's, when the price > of gas
                goes up (more costly to be a car owner), the number of > Harley's
                sold increases.> > A few minutes ago, I read how today's US single
                biggest day decline > is continuing to spread. Canada is on that
                list.> Global mayhem > • Record U.S. stock losses> • Treasurys extend
                gains> • Gold tops $900 an ounce > • Crude futures plummet 9%> •
                Dollar off highs as bailout fails> • U.S. corn drops 5.5% > • Europe
                loss 2nd worst of '08> • London falls on financials> • Russia joins
                sell-off> • Moody's downgrades Fortis > • Latin America slides> •
                Canadian stocks plunge > > This means many good companies whose
                shares would normally sell > higher, are much lower, (on sale).> > If
                you've got some spare change around---only what you can afford to >

                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 3, 2008
                  Thanks for the kudos, Mark, but if I were the Prime Minister people
                  would be slow to pay taxes the same way they're slow to pay entry
                  fees.

                  Here are the paid entrants for the Peterborough Challenge tourney
                  which is scheduled for two weeks from now - Bill Holdcroft, Cameron
                  Sherwood, Sue Elias, Guy Mason.

                  Remember the Hamilton tourney? Hmmm...

                  Sid.

                  --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, m c <torontotablehockey@...> wrote:

                  > Anyone who can get their ass out to Peterborough has GOT to attend
                  Sid's tourney... great time, super atmosphere, fantastic competition
                  at all play levels... table hockey table hockey table hockey table
                  hockeytable hockey table hockeytable hockey table hockeytable hockey
                  table hockeytable hockey table hockeytable hockey table hockeytable
                  hockey table hockeytable hockey table hockeytable hockey table
                  hockeytable hockey table hockey here's a few more good reasons!

                  > get out there and support the tourneys gang!!!
                  >
                  > (this message has been paid for the Sid Kloosterman for Prime
                  Minister foundation)

                  > To: ccth@...: sidkloosterman@...: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 02:46:57
                  +0000Subject: [ccth] Re: IT'S POWERPLAY2 TIME! --- Market

                  > Mark AND Justin are now confirmed for the Challenge? Awesome! First
                  good table hockey news I've recieved all day. Thanks, Mark. I needed
                  that. --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, m c <torontotablehockey@> wrote:>>
                  > I-toys could not make enough powerplay2 games last year to support
                  the demand and they received pre-orders between 10 and 20thousand
                  games for the 2008-2009 season. Most sell around Christmas. Ithink
                  they will easily sell 10000 games this year... > > The Irwin boys are
                  business men down to the core and they know what they are doing... >
                  > Mark and Justin now confirmed for the peterborough tourney ....
                  maybe a few other youngsters also!> > m> > > > To: ccth@:
                  sidkloosterman@: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:48:32 +0000Subject: [ccth] Re:
                  IT'S POWERPLAY2 TIME! --- Market> > > > > Guess this means you're not

                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 3, 2008
                    My apologies for the negativity, folks. This thing's gonna work out
                    just like it does every year. Let's play table hockey. Rah, rah,
                    rah!!!!! (But I will say that organizers know best the roller coaster
                    ride of hosting a tourney.)

                    Cheers, Sid.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 30, 2009
                      Last October with the economy just initiating contact with the iceberg, I suggested how you could make some money (whether you had $50 or $500). I specifically mentioned one stock, McDermott (MDR) traded on the NYSE.

                      I wasn't talking out my kazoo. Since when I bought $370 of McDermott, it has gone up 65.89%. ($244.23 in gross profit).

                      I also bought $197 (see not a lot of money) of Temple-Inland (TIN), and it is now up a whopping 148.7%, or $293 gross profit.

                      Let me spin this another way using TIN as an example. You could have invested $197, and used the gross profit $293 to buy one of Carlo's custom coleco games (still keeping the $197). Put another way, you could have bought his game in a sense for free. Or you could have used it to spring you from the house, telling your wife you weren't spending any of the house's cash but instead only what you made and gone to some far off tournament, like Vegas.

                      Simply put, I was just trying to help you make some money and wanted to let you know I wasn't BS'g you last fall. I know it seems a bit daunting to do, or a bit scary, but if you ever want to dip your toe in, I will help you.

                      Message to Sid, did Irwin sell 10,000 units/games by Christmas?