IT'S POWERPLAY2 TIME!

    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 24, 2008
      Hey gang, the latest news in Powerplay2 is that the Irwin Toys office
      has moved from it's former Toronto location to an office in the same
      strip mall as Guy Mason's company office. Guy can walk there any time!

      According to Guy, Irwin Toys plans to increase it's production of the
      Powerplay2 game from last year's two thousand to ten thousand this
      year. Also, each box will contain a package of flat players as well as
      the 3-D players. Add to that, Mark Sokolski's tournament flyer in every
      box and this makes for great news for all!

      The upcoming Peterborough Challenge PP2 tourney will expand it's second
      round robin pools from it's former number of eight players per pool to
      up to twelve. This means more games and more fun!

      Entry fees received in advance of October 18 would be greatly
      appreciated. Thanks.

      Cheers, Sid.
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 24, 2008
        That's wicked! I;ve been telling the Irwin's for years that the flats have got to be included in every set! right on...
        mark

        To: ccth@yahoogroups.com
        From: sidkloosterman@...
        Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:57:06 +0000
        Subject: [ccth] IT'S POWERPLAY2 TIME!

        Hey gang, the latest news in Powerplay2 is that the Irwin Toys office
        has moved from it's former Toronto location to an office in the same
        strip mall as Guy Mason's company office. Guy can walk there any time!

        According to Guy, Irwin Toys plans to increase it's production of the
        Powerplay2 game from last year's two thousand to ten thousand this
        year. Also, each box will contain a package of flat players as well as
        the 3-D players. Add to that, Mark Sokolski's tournament flyer in every
        box and this makes for great news for all!

        The upcoming Peterborough Challenge PP2 tourney will expand it's second
        round robin pools from it's former number of eight players per pool to
        up to twelve. This means more games and more fun!

        Entry fees received in advance of October 18 would be greatly
        appreciated. Thanks.

        Cheers, Sid.

        Upgrade to Hotmail Plus and share more photos with bigger attachments. Click here to find out how Click here to find out how
      • sabre_in_virginia
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 29, 2008
          Certainly not one of my typical TH posts...

          I don't know if I were IRWIN that I'd up my production units from 2k
          to 10k units, based on the current market conditions. I don't expect
          most consumers to open up their pocket books for discretionary
          items. Retail, as a sector, should do poorly with the exception
          budget stores like Wal-Mart. Does IRWIN have any facts to support
          their production plans? For example, with Harley's, when the price
          of gas goes up (more costly to be a car owner), the number of
          Harley's sold increases.

          A few minutes ago, I read how today's US single biggest day decline
          is continuing to spread. Canada is on that list.
          Global mayhem
          • Record U.S. stock losses
          • Treasurys extend gains
          • Gold tops $900 an ounce
          • Crude futures plummet 9%
          • Dollar off highs as bailout fails
          • U.S. corn drops 5.5%
          • Europe loss 2nd worst of '08
          • London falls on financials
          • Russia joins sell-off
          • Moody's downgrades Fortis
          • Latin America slides
          • Canadian stocks plunge

          This means many good companies whose shares would normally sell
          higher, are much lower, (on sale).

          If you've got some spare change around---only what you can afford to
          lose (that's important), you might put it into the market about this
          Friday or Tuesday of next week. I've been buying carefully here and
          there for stocks normally at $60, but now around $2-$8.

          Here's a good example of affordable stocks with potential. I spent
          only $40 dollars total: McDermott (MDR), is a Houston-based
          engineering and construction company. Its selling now for $23.96,
          but as the market comes back I expect it will continue to $60+. Its
          a well-run company, great P/E, and high ratings. I originally bought
          10.84 shares at $3.68 per share (w/fee total cost $40.00). Even in
          current market conditions, I remain ahead worth $259.96 (549.90%
          increase).

          Go in the opposite direction of the crowd!

          Sabre_in_Virginia

          --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, "flyindutchman45" <sidkloosterman@...>

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 30, 2008
            Guess this means you're not coming to my tourney, huh, Greg?

            --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, "sabre_in_virginia"

            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 30, 2008

              I-toys could not make enough powerplay2 games last year to support the demand and they received pre-orders between 10 and 20thousand games for the 2008-2009 season. Most sell around Christmas.  Ithink they will easily sell 10000 games this year...

              The Irwin boys are business men down to the core and they know what they are doing...

              Mark and Justin now confirmed for the peterborough tourney ....  maybe a few other youngsters also!

              To: ccth@yahoogroups.com
              From: sidkloosterman@...
              Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:48:32 +0000
              Subject: [ccth] Re: IT'S POWERPLAY2 TIME! --- Market

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 30, 2008
                Mark AND Justin are now confirmed for the Challenge? Awesome! First
                good table hockey news I've recieved all day. Thanks, Mark. I needed
                that.
                --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, m c <torontotablehockey@...> wrote:

                > I-toys could not make enough powerplay2 games last year to support
                the demand and they received pre-orders between 10 and 20thousand
                games for the 2008-2009 season. Most sell around Christmas. Ithink
                they will easily sell 10000 games this year...

                > The Irwin boys are business men down to the core and they know what
                they are doing...

                > Mark and Justin now confirmed for the peterborough tourney ....
                maybe a few other youngsters also!

                > To: ccth@...: sidkloosterman@...: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:48:32
                +0000Subject: [ccth] Re: IT'S POWERPLAY2 TIME! --- Market

                > Guess this means you're not coming to my tourney, huh, Greg?--- In
                ccth@yahoogroups.com, "sabre_in_virginia" <sabre_in_virginia@>
                wrote:>> Certainly not one of my typical TH posts...> > I don't know
                <sidkloosterman@> > wrote:> >> > Hey gang, the latest news in

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 30, 2008
                  The Irwin boys should seriously look into making our Carleco models at affordable prices. Then, sales might climb even further more. Best selling model of all times and now improved, how can they go wrong? I am easy to find, contact me. :-)

                  PS: Have a great tournament guys, I'm sure Peterbourough will rock again this year. Man alot of folks are playing table hockey.

                  PS: www.fih2009.com Go see all info on the biggest international all hockey in all its forms week-end competitons happening in Febuary 2009. The TH section will be played on none other than the Carleco games. Sign up to join a team or make your own, you will love the experience. Check it out today.

                  Ciao

                  To: ccth@yahoogroups. com
                  From: sidkloosterman@ hotmail.com
                  Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:48:32 +0000

                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
                    Carlo, Irwin's plans to increase production of its PP2 games is still
                    great news for Coleco players. Mark's tourney flyer in every box
                    advertises Quebec tourneys as well as Ontario tourneys. (Not sure if
                    you knew that).

                    So, a father buys his kid a PP2 game, makes note of the tourney flyer
                    and makes an inquiry. Having played Coleco as a kid, he learns of all
                    the Coleco tourneys being held and voila - Quebec gets the dad and
                    Ontario gets the kid! Ha Ha!

                    Another spin-off is that within a couple of years many of these PP2
                    games will become available at yard sales for as little as $5.00.
                    There's all the rods you'll need to make more Coleco games. Irwin's
                    plans for increased production is a win-win situation for all table
                    hockey players and organizations.

                    Cheers, Sid.

                    --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, carlo bossio <bossiocarlo@...> wrote:

                    > The Irwin boys should seriously look into making our Carleco models
                    at affordable prices. Then, sales might climb even further more. Best
                    selling model of all times and now improved, how can they go wrong? I
                    am easy to find, contact me. :-)

                    > PS: Have a great tournament guys, I'm sure Peterbourough will rock
                    again this year. Man alot of folks are playing table hockey.

                    > PS: www.fih2009.com Go see all info on the biggest international
                    all hockey in all its forms week-end competitons happening in Febuary
                    2009. The TH section will be played on none other than the Carleco
                    games. Sign up to join a team or make your own, you will love the
                    experience. Check it out today.

                    > Ciao

                    email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail. Click on Options in
                    Mail and switch to New Mail today or register for free at
                    http://mail.yahoo.ca

                  • sabre_in_virginia
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
                      Sid & Mark,
                      I stated that there might be some counter-intuitive reason and with
                      10,000 pre-sold games. There it is!

                      Getting 10,000 flyers out exactly to your target audience marketing
                      table hockey in Ontario and Quebec is fantastic!

                      I was going to tell you my stories, but the fact is we've all tried
                      one thing or another to advertise and market table hockey. Often we
                      hit the general public or better those who go to NHL games. But, as
                      far as I know, hitting exactly our target audience (those who buy
                      table hockey games) in the quantity you will be hitting (10,000) is
                      unheard of in recent years. Congratulations!

                      So, with 10,000 games out at Christmas and to capitalize on that
                      interest, desiring to test their skills...do you envision a PP2
                      tournament in early January? How about "PP2 01.09.09"?

                      Congrats Again!

                      Cheers!

                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
                        Well seen like that Sid, build, build, build, hahaha.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
                          Apparently, Mark's flyers have been placed in PP2 boxes for at least
                          the past six months. Here's a trivia question: Who was the first
                          CCTHF player to discover a tourney flyer in a new PP2 box? Answer:
                          Martin Labelle of Sherbrooke, Quebec.

                          Message 12 of 15 , Oct 3, 2008
                            Anyone who can get their ass out to Peterborough has GOT to attend Sid's tourney... great time, super atmosphere, fantastic competition at all play levels... table hockey table hockey table hockey table hockeytable hockey table hockeytable hockey table hockey
                            table hockey table hockey
                            table hockey table hockey
                            table hockey table hockey
                            table hockey table hockey
                            table hockey table hockey
                            table hockey table hockey
                            table hockey table hockey
                              here's a few more good reasons!

                            get out there and support the tourneys gang!!!

                            (this message has been paid for the Sid Kloosterman for Prime Minister foundation)

                            To: ccth@yahoogroups.com
                            From: sidkloosterman@...
                            Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 02:46:57 +0000

                            Message 13 of 15 , Oct 3, 2008
                              Thanks for the kudos, Mark, but if I were the Prime Minister people
                              would be slow to pay taxes the same way they're slow to pay entry
                              fees.

                              Here are the paid entrants for the Peterborough Challenge tourney
                              which is scheduled for two weeks from now - Bill Holdcroft, Cameron
                              Sherwood, Sue Elias, Guy Mason.

                              Remember the Hamilton tourney? Hmmm...

                              Sid.

                              --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, m c <torontotablehockey@...> wrote:

                              > Anyone who can get their ass out to Peterborough has GOT to attend
                              Sid's tourney... great time, super atmosphere, fantastic competition
                              at all play levels... table hockey table hockey table hockey table
                              hockeytable hockey table hockeytable hockey table hockeytable hockey
                              table hockeytable hockey table hockeytable hockey table hockeytable
                              hockey table hockeytable hockey table hockeytable hockey table
                              hockeytable hockey table hockey here's a few more good reasons!

                              > get out there and support the tourneys gang!!!
                              >
                              > (this message has been paid for the Sid Kloosterman for Prime
                              Minister foundation)

                              > To: ccth@...: sidkloosterman@...: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 02:46:57
                              +0000Subject: [ccth] Re: IT'S POWERPLAY2 TIME! --- Market

                              > Mark AND Justin are now confirmed for the Challenge? Awesome! First
                              good table hockey news I've recieved all day. Thanks, Mark. I needed
                              that. --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, m c <torontotablehockey@> wrote:>>
                              > I-toys could not make enough powerplay2 games last year to support
                              the demand and they received pre-orders between 10 and 20thousand
                              games for the 2008-2009 season. Most sell around Christmas. Ithink
                              they will easily sell 10000 games this year... > > The Irwin boys are
                              business men down to the core and they know what they are doing... >
                              > Mark and Justin now confirmed for the peterborough tourney ....
                              maybe a few other youngsters also!> > m> > > > To: ccth@:
                              sidkloosterman@: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:48:32 +0000Subject: [ccth] Re:
                              IT'S POWERPLAY2 TIME! --- Market> > > > > Guess this means you're not

                              Message 14 of 15 , Oct 3, 2008
                                My apologies for the negativity, folks. This thing's gonna work out
                                just like it does every year. Let's play table hockey. Rah, rah,
                                rah!!!!! (But I will say that organizers know best the roller coaster
                                ride of hosting a tourney.)

                                Cheers, Sid.

                                Message 15 of 15 , Apr 30, 2009
                                  Last October with the economy just initiating contact with the iceberg, I suggested how you could make some money (whether you had $50 or $500). I specifically mentioned one stock, McDermott (MDR) traded on the NYSE.

                                  I wasn't talking out my kazoo. Since when I bought $370 of McDermott, it has gone up 65.89%. ($244.23 in gross profit).

                                  I also bought $197 (see not a lot of money) of Temple-Inland (TIN), and it is now up a whopping 148.7%, or $293 gross profit.

                                  Let me spin this another way using TIN as an example. You could have invested $197, and used the gross profit $293 to buy one of Carlo's custom coleco games (still keeping the $197). Put another way, you could have bought his game in a sense for free. Or you could have used it to spring you from the house, telling your wife you weren't spending any of the house's cash but instead only what you made and gone to some far off tournament, like Vegas.

                                  Simply put, I was just trying to help you make some money and wanted to let you know I wasn't BS'g you last fall. I know it seems a bit daunting to do, or a bit scary, but if you ever want to dip your toe in, I will help you.

                                  Message to Sid, did Irwin sell 10,000 units/games by Christmas?