Re: [ccth] Where's the Enthusiasm gone?

  • Dave Kraehling
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 18, 2008
      Well Sid and the boys of Table Hockey, I will give you my 2 cents worth. This year I was determined to conquer Quebec ( meaning, doing better than 17th) and I came within 29sec. of going to the finals. Carlo is certainly a force to reckon with. I liked the venue as it reminded me of the first Quebec tournament I ever attended 5 yrs ago. There were some challenges that need to be reviewed before repeating this feat again. Also Carlo you stated you would like some feed-back on any Ideas.
      First off, make sure next time you have proper attachments for the tables to help the games stay on the table (This will eliminate the situation that occured between Martin and Sam)
      Second, I truly believe that for the last 2 rounds of the tournament that the Semis should be at least a 3of 5 series and the finals a best of Seven. I hope more people will respond to this.

      I want to thank God for puting such B E A U Tiful waitresses in place for that tournament. I just knew women and hockey go hand in hand LOL. Where did I leave my beer?

      As for Stiga.....
      I think I will hone my skills in my declining years with COLECO....
      Sorry guys.
      Taking nothing away from Bernie and Junior and the guys but stiga is no table hockey,  it is total frustration on my part. Mind you I will still attend the tournaments and lend my feable support as an ageing tablehockey doormat for stiga and pretend to myself that one day I will be victorious....

      When's the next Coleco? Table Hockey Fix needs fulfilling...
      Dave

      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 18, 2008
        Thanks, Carlo for putting on a fine tournament and congrats on winning.
        Even though Stiga is my preferred game, I enter the Coleco tournies
        when they are combined - as in Repentigny, Chicago, Vegas and Los
        Angeles, because 1) it's table hockey, 2) it's Canadian! and 3) I get
        to meet and play against a lot of guys that I wouldn't see on the Stiga
        tour, like Lou Marinoff, Bob Ingo, Guy Mason, Eric Maurice, Greg Scoma,
        Sid "The Flying Dutchman" Kloosterman, Dave Kraehling, Ken Ellis,
        Pierre Bechard.
        And the get-togethers after the event are always a good time!

        Reggie Stefaniszyn ETHL

        --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, "flyindutchman45" <sidkloosterman@...>

        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 18, 2008
          Yes Dave, thanks. We had to deal with 27" tables instead of the regular 30" standard ones so sorry about that, we had a few tables that were borderline!

          Glad you enjoyed the venu, about those girls what could I say except, DAMN, I was so busy I barely had time to enjoy them!!!! lol

          Its crazy how fast these days pass, the whole week-end seemed like just a few hours, unreal!

          About the play-offs, I got over ruled 2-1 as I wanted at least best of 5's for the finals and maybe even finals so sorry about that. Its not to bad though as with a best of 3, every game is crazy intense with no breathing room so that's that. :-)

          Next Coleco, November 15th in Sherbrooke, before that have a great time in Peterbourough where as you know, Sid and his crew know how to do it right. :-)

          Ciao

          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 18, 2008
            It was great playing you on Stiga Reggie, tight defense as always and another 2 loses as always as well! :-) Darn, I should of put you in my Coleco pool!!!! lol

            Thanks again for coming and I hope you guys also had fun away from the tables.

            Ciao