RE: [ccth] Re: PETERBOROUGH CHALLENGE - A TOURNEY of FIRSTS

    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2008
      I will be in Poland for auguat but will check emails and send Sid info in early September.
      Good work SIdster!
      Mark

      To: ccth@yahoogroups.com
      From: sidkloosterman@...
      Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 20:26:24 +0000
      Subject: [ccth] Re: PETERBOROUGH CHALLENGE - A TOURNEY of FIRSTS

      Mark, I'm talking about the new Ontario Table Hockey Association
      website that is now up and running at www.ontariotablehoc key.com. You
      can also get there by clicking "Ontario" on the ccthf Home Page. On
      the forum there I asked if you (and other Ontario organizers) could
      send photos, stats, standings, whatever, to me for use on the website.

      Cheers, Sid.

      --- In ccth@yahoogroups. com, m c <torontotablehockey @...> wrote:

      > sid - what are ya talking about?
      > mark
      >

      > To: ccth@...: sidkloosterman@ ...: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 23:01:05
      +0000Subject: [ccth] Re: PETERBOROUGH CHALLENGE - A TOURNEY of FIRSTS

      > Hey Markey-Mark! I like your prediction. Say, I just requested
      something of you at www.ontariotablehoc key.com. Better go there and
      answer it! Cheers, Sid.--- In ccth@yahoogroups. com, m c
      <torontotablehockey @> wrote:>> > Good write-up... great tourney...
      almost as good as Toronto. nyuk nyuk.> Hawthorne vs Kloosterman in
      2008 final!> > mark> > > > To: ccth@: sidkloosterman@ : Wed, 30 Jul
      2008 21:10:42 +0000Subject: [ccth] PETERBOROUGH CHALLENGE - A TOURNEY
      of FIRSTS> > > > > Peterborough Challenge IV, played on Irwin
      Powerplay2 and set for Oct. 18, promises all the thrills and
      excitement that our first three events did. And here are a few points
      of interest. The Peterborough Challenge tourney was the first in
      Ontario to offer: - A buffet lunch that's served twice - once at noon
      then again at 4 pm! And it's a home-cooked buffet lunch that offers
      your choice of roast beef, ham or turkey plus a whole lot more! -
      Bottled water, coffee and tea at no extra cost! - A double round
      robin format that matches players of similar ability for the second
      round robin! - All tabletop games mounted and secured on 4-inch-high
      mini-tables equipped with levelling screws! - Scoreboards visible
      from a distance that display the score from both sides of the game!
      All this and more ensures a lot of bang for your buck. Entry fees
      remain at a low rate of $30 for adults and $15 for students. The
      following is a general layout for Peterborough Challenge IV: - Each
      player will play eight games before lunch then seven games after
      lunch against their closest rivals according to first round
      standings. - A wildcard playoff round will take place. -All playoff
      series will be best 3 of 5 series. Players who lose a playoff series
      will be eliminated from further play. Championship Series in all
      divisions will be best 4 of 7 series. This tourney is the only
      classic flat players tourney scheduled for the month of October in
      Eastern Canada. We cordially invite you to peaceful, small-town
      Peterborough, Ontario, to get your tourney-fix playing this non-stop-
      action, rock 'em, sock 'em PP2 game. And you are sure to make new
      friends and add many great memories! Cheers, Sid. > > > > > >
      ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Try
      Chicktionary, a game that tests how many words you can form from the
      letters given. Find this and more puzzles at Live Search Games!>
      http://g.msn. ca/ca55/207>

      > Find hidden words, unscramble celebrity names, or try the ultimate
      crossword puzzle with Live Search Games. Play now!

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 6, 2008
        Thirty-one players now confirmed for Peterborough Challenge IV! Come
        test your skills against some of the best PP2 players anywhere - Greg
        Peden, Dave Kraehling, Dennis Doherty, Mark Sokolski, Bill Holdcroft,
        Jim Maker, Justin Hawthorne plus many up-and-comers.

        The loveable PP2 game is Ontario's most popular and is viewed by many
        as the "Boston Garden" of table hockey. The action is fast, intense
        and loads of fun! Pucks drop at 10 am. Saturday October,18. Don't
        miss this one!

        Cheers, Sid.

        --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, "flyindutchman45" <sidkloosterman@...>

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 6, 2008
          Wow, you scared me for a minute a few weeks back Side when you said you only had 4 and were making references to the tourney that got cancelled. Now all of a sudden 31!!!!!!!!!

          Great stuff, have a blast guys and looking forward to the results.

          PS: Don't forget to mention at that event and for yourselves as well that Sherbrooke is on the 15th. Its very much a great Table Hockey atmospher there were it is more relaxed and intimate there so I hope to see some of the Ontario crew there again this year.

          Have a blast boys and good luck to all.

          iao

          wrote:

          > Peterborough Challenge IV, played on Irwin Powerplay2 and set for
          > Oct. 18, promises all the thrills and excitement that our first
          three
          > events did. And here are a few points of interest. The Peterborough
          > Challenge tourney was the first in Ontario to offer:
          >
          > - A buffet lunch that's served twice - once at noon then again at 4
          > pm! And it's a home-cooked buffet lunch that offers your choice of
          > roast beef, ham or turkey plus a whole lot more!
          >
          > - Bottled water, coffee and tea at no extra cost!
          >
          > - A double round robin format that matches players of similar
          ability
          > for the second round robin!
          >
          > - All tabletop games mounted and secured on 4-inch-high mini-tables
          > equipped with levelling screws!
          >
          > - Scoreboards visible from a distance that display the score from
          > both sides of the game!
          >
          > All this and more ensures a lot of bang for your buck. Entry fees
          > remain at a low rate of $30 for adults and $15 for students.
          >
          > The following is a general layout for Peterborough Challenge IV:
          >
          > - Each player will play eight games before lunch then seven games
          > after lunch against their closest rivals according to first round
          > standings.
          >
          > - A wildcard playoff round will take place.
          >
          > -All playoff series will be best 3 of 5 series. Players who lose a
          > playoff series will be eliminated from further play. Championship
          > Series in all divisions will be best 4 of 7 series.
          >
          > This tourney is the only classic flat players tourney scheduled for
          > the month of October in Eastern Canada. We cordially invite you to
          > peaceful, small-town Peterborough, Ontario, to get your tourney-fix
          > playing this non-stop-action, rock 'em, sock 'em PP2 game. And you
          > are sure to make new friends and add many great memories!
          >
          > Cheers, Sid.

          Instant message from any web browser! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 6, 2008
            That was just a few days ago, Carlo, that we had 4 PAID entrants. We
            now have 5 since my buddy, John Maxwell, dropped by Saturday. Seems
            most of the players are waiting 'til the last minute to pay this year
            but we've had close to 30 committed players for a long time.

            Sid.

            --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, carlo bossio <bossiocarlo@...> wrote:

            > Wow, you scared me for a minute a few weeks back Side when you said
            you only had 4 and were making references to the tourney that got
            cancelled. Now all of a sudden 31!!!!!!!!!

            > Great stuff, have a blast guys and looking forward to the results.
            >
            > PS: Don't forget to mention at that event and for yourselves as
            well that Sherbrooke is on the 15th. Its very much a great Table
            Hockey atmospher there were it is more relaxed and intimate there so
            I hope to see some of the Ontario crew there again this year.

            > Have a blast boys and good luck to all.
            >
            > iao

            bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now at

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 7, 2008
              Oh, okay. Well as long as they show up!!!! :-)