PETERBOROUGH CHALLENGE - A TOURNEY of FIRSTS

    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 30, 2008
      Peterborough Challenge IV, played on Irwin Powerplay2 and set for
      Oct. 18, promises all the thrills and excitement that our first three
      events did. And here are a few points of interest. The Peterborough
      Challenge tourney was the first in Ontario to offer:

      - A buffet lunch that's served twice - once at noon then again at 4
      pm! And it's a home-cooked buffet lunch that offers your choice of
      roast beef, ham or turkey plus a whole lot more!

      - Bottled water, coffee and tea at no extra cost!

      - A double round robin format that matches players of similar ability
      for the second round robin!

      - All tabletop games mounted and secured on 4-inch-high mini-tables
      equipped with levelling screws!

      - Scoreboards visible from a distance that display the score from
      both sides of the game!

      All this and more ensures a lot of bang for your buck. Entry fees
      remain at a low rate of $30 for adults and $15 for students.

      The following is a general layout for Peterborough Challenge IV:

      - Each player will play eight games before lunch then seven games
      after lunch against their closest rivals according to first round
      standings.

      - A wildcard playoff round will take place.

      -All playoff series will be best 3 of 5 series. Players who lose a
      playoff series will be eliminated from further play. Championship
      Series in all divisions will be best 4 of 7 series.

      This tourney is the only classic flat players tourney scheduled for
      the month of October in Eastern Canada. We cordially invite you to
      peaceful, small-town Peterborough, Ontario, to get your tourney-fix
      playing this non-stop-action, rock 'em, sock 'em PP2 game. And you
      are sure to make new friends and add many great memories!

      Cheers, Sid.
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 30, 2008
        Good write-up... great tourney... almost as good as Toronto. nyuk nyuk.
        Hawthorne vs Kloosterman in 2008 final!

        mark

        To: ccth@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 30, 2008
          Hey Markey-Mark! I like your prediction. Say, I just requested
          something of you at www.ontariotablehockey.com. Better go there and
          answer it! Cheers, Sid.

          --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, m c <torontotablehockey@...> wrote:

          > Good write-up... great tourney... almost as good as Toronto. nyuk
          nyuk.
          > Hawthorne vs Kloosterman in 2008 final!
          >
          > mark
          >

          > To: ccth@...: sidkloosterman@...: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 21:10:42
          +0000Subject: [ccth] PETERBOROUGH CHALLENGE - A TOURNEY of FIRSTS

          > Peterborough Challenge IV, played on Irwin Powerplay2 and set for
          Oct. 18, promises all the thrills and excitement that our first three
          events did. And here are a few points of interest. The Peterborough
          Challenge tourney was the first in Ontario to offer: - A buffet lunch
          that's served twice - once at noon then again at 4 pm! And it's a
          home-cooked buffet lunch that offers your choice of roast beef, ham
          or turkey plus a whole lot more! - Bottled water, coffee and tea at
          no extra cost! - A double round robin format that matches players of
          similar ability for the second round robin! - All tabletop games
          mounted and secured on 4-inch-high mini-tables equipped with
          levelling screws! - Scoreboards visible from a distance that display
          the score from both sides of the game! All this and more ensures a
          lot of bang for your buck. Entry fees remain at a low rate of $30 for
          adults and $15 for students. The following is a general layout for
          Peterborough Challenge IV: - Each player will play eight games before
          lunch then seven games after lunch against their closest rivals
          according to first round standings. - A wildcard playoff round will
          take place. -All playoff series will be best 3 of 5 series. Players
          who lose a playoff series will be eliminated from further play.
          Championship Series in all divisions will be best 4 of 7 series. This
          tourney is the only classic flat players tourney scheduled for the
          month of October in Eastern Canada. We cordially invite you to
          peaceful, small-town Peterborough, Ontario, to get your tourney-fix
          playing this non-stop-action, rock 'em, sock 'em PP2 game. And you
          are sure to make new friends and add many great memories! Cheers,
          Sid.

          > Try Chicktionary, a game that tests how many words you can form
          from the letters given. Find this and more puzzles at Live Search
          Games!
          > http://g.msn.ca/ca55/207

        • onhabsfan
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 30, 2008
            --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, "flyindutchman45" <sidkloosterman@...>
            wrote:
            >If anyone is interested, my prediction for the final
            is......Kloosterman and ..............Doherty, Dennis. Watch and
            see!!

          • Dave Kraehling
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 30, 2008

              I like your choice of words Sid at the end of your spiel "Rock em Sock em" LOL. I know what youmean though and not the literal sense.

              By the way count me in for sure.

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 30, 2008
                Sid my friend!

                I just made a decision! I'll be there!

                Steve Gosselin
                Sherbrooke

                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 31, 2008
                  This is awesome news, Steve! I like your spirit. By the way, another
                  feature of the Challenge is that a bartender works from 11 am to 6
                  pm.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 31, 2008
                    sid - what are ya talking about?
                    mark

                    To: ccth@yahoogroups.com
                    From: sidkloosterman@...
                    Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 23:01:05 +0000
                    Subject: [ccth] Re: PETERBOROUGH CHALLENGE - A TOURNEY of FIRSTS

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 31, 2008
                      Mark, I'm talking about the new Ontario Table Hockey Association
                      website that is now up and running at www.ontariotablehockey.com. You
                      can also get there by clicking "Ontario" on the ccthf Home Page. On
                      the forum there I asked if you (and other Ontario organizers) could
                      send photos, stats, standings, whatever, to me for use on the website.

                      Cheers, Sid.

                      --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, m c <torontotablehockey@...> wrote:

                      > sid - what are ya talking about?
                      > mark
                      >

                      > To: ccth@...: sidkloosterman@...: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 23:01:05
                      +0000Subject: [ccth] Re: PETERBOROUGH CHALLENGE - A TOURNEY of FIRSTS

                      > Hey Markey-Mark! I like your prediction. Say, I just requested
                      something of you at www.ontariotablehockey.com. Better go there and
                      answer it! Cheers, Sid.--- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, m c
                      <torontotablehockey@> wrote:>> > Good write-up... great tourney...
                      almost as good as Toronto. nyuk nyuk.> Hawthorne vs Kloosterman in
                      2008 final!> > mark> > > > To: ccth@: sidkloosterman@: Wed, 30 Jul
                      2008 21:10:42 +0000Subject: [ccth] PETERBOROUGH CHALLENGE - A TOURNEY
                      of FIRSTS> > > > > Peterborough Challenge IV, played on Irwin
                      Powerplay2 and set for Oct. 18, promises all the thrills and
                      excitement that our first three events did. And here are a few points
                      of interest. The Peterborough Challenge tourney was the first in
                      Ontario to offer: - A buffet lunch that's served twice - once at noon
                      then again at 4 pm! And it's a home-cooked buffet lunch that offers
                      your choice of roast beef, ham or turkey plus a whole lot more! -
                      Bottled water, coffee and tea at no extra cost! - A double round
                      robin format that matches players of similar ability for the second
                      round robin! - All tabletop games mounted and secured on 4-inch-high
                      mini-tables equipped with levelling screws! - Scoreboards visible
                      from a distance that display the score from both sides of the game!
                      All this and more ensures a lot of bang for your buck. Entry fees
                      remain at a low rate of $30 for adults and $15 for students. The
                      following is a general layout for Peterborough Challenge IV: - Each
                      player will play eight games before lunch then seven games after
                      lunch against their closest rivals according to first round
                      standings. - A wildcard playoff round will take place. -All playoff
                      series will be best 3 of 5 series. Players who lose a playoff series
                      will be eliminated from further play. Championship Series in all
                      divisions will be best 4 of 7 series. This tourney is the only
                      classic flat players tourney scheduled for the month of October in
                      Eastern Canada. We cordially invite you to peaceful, small-town
                      Peterborough, Ontario, to get your tourney-fix playing this non-stop-
                      action, rock 'em, sock 'em PP2 game. And you are sure to make new
                      friends and add many great memories! Cheers, Sid. > > > > > >
                      __________________________________________________________> Try
                      Chicktionary, a game that tests how many words you can form from the
                      letters given. Find this and more puzzles at Live Search Games!>
                      http://g.msn.ca/ca55/207>

                      > Find hidden words, unscramble celebrity names, or try the ultimate
                      crossword puzzle with Live Search Games. Play now!

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 1, 2008
                        I will be in Poland for auguat but will check emails and send Sid info in early September.
                        Good work SIdster!
                        Mark

                        To: ccth@yahoogroups.com
                        From: sidkloosterman@...
                        Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 20:26:24 +0000

                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 6, 2008
                          Thirty-one players now confirmed for Peterborough Challenge IV! Come
                          test your skills against some of the best PP2 players anywhere - Greg
                          Peden, Dave Kraehling, Dennis Doherty, Mark Sokolski, Bill Holdcroft,
                          Jim Maker, Justin Hawthorne plus many up-and-comers.

                          The loveable PP2 game is Ontario's most popular and is viewed by many
                          as the "Boston Garden" of table hockey. The action is fast, intense
                          and loads of fun! Pucks drop at 10 am. Saturday October,18. Don't
                          miss this one!

                          Cheers, Sid.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 6, 2008
                            Wow, you scared me for a minute a few weeks back Side when you said you only had 4 and were making references to the tourney that got cancelled. Now all of a sudden 31!!!!!!!!!

                            Great stuff, have a blast guys and looking forward to the results.

                            PS: Don't forget to mention at that event and for yourselves as well that Sherbrooke is on the 15th. Its very much a great Table Hockey atmospher there were it is more relaxed and intimate there so I hope to see some of the Ontario crew there again this year.

                            Have a blast boys and good luck to all.

                            iao

                            wrote:

                            > Peterborough Challenge IV, played on Irwin Powerplay2 and set for
                            > Oct. 18, promises all the thrills and excitement that our first
                            three
                            > events did. And here are a few points of interest. The Peterborough
                            > Challenge tourney was the first in Ontario to offer:
                            >
                            > - A buffet lunch that's served twice - once at noon then again at 4
                            > pm! And it's a home-cooked buffet lunch that offers your choice of
                            > roast beef, ham or turkey plus a whole lot more!
                            >
                            > - Bottled water, coffee and tea at no extra cost!
                            >
                            > - A double round robin format that matches players of similar
                            ability
                            > for the second round robin!
                            >
                            > - All tabletop games mounted and secured on 4-inch-high mini-tables
                            > equipped with levelling screws!
                            >
                            > - Scoreboards visible from a distance that display the score from
                            > both sides of the game!
                            >
                            > All this and more ensures a lot of bang for your buck. Entry fees
                            > remain at a low rate of $30 for adults and $15 for students.
                            >
                            > The following is a general layout for Peterborough Challenge IV:
                            >
                            > - Each player will play eight games before lunch then seven games
                            > after lunch against their closest rivals according to first round
                            > standings.
                            >
                            > - A wildcard playoff round will take place.
                            >
                            > -All playoff series will be best 3 of 5 series. Players who lose a
                            > playoff series will be eliminated from further play. Championship
                            > Series in all divisions will be best 4 of 7 series.
                            >
                            > This tourney is the only classic flat players tourney scheduled for
                            > the month of October in Eastern Canada. We cordially invite you to
                            > peaceful, small-town Peterborough, Ontario, to get your tourney-fix
                            > playing this non-stop-action, rock 'em, sock 'em PP2 game. And you
                            > are sure to make new friends and add many great memories!
                            >
                            > Cheers, Sid.

                            Instant message from any web browser! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA
                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 6, 2008
                              That was just a few days ago, Carlo, that we had 4 PAID entrants. We
                              now have 5 since my buddy, John Maxwell, dropped by Saturday. Seems
                              most of the players are waiting 'til the last minute to pay this year
                              but we've had close to 30 committed players for a long time.

                              Sid.

                              --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, carlo bossio <bossiocarlo@...> wrote:

                              > Wow, you scared me for a minute a few weeks back Side when you said
                              you only had 4 and were making references to the tourney that got
                              cancelled. Now all of a sudden 31!!!!!!!!!

                              > Great stuff, have a blast guys and looking forward to the results.
                              >
                              > PS: Don't forget to mention at that event and for yourselves as
                              well that Sherbrooke is on the 15th. Its very much a great Table
                              Hockey atmospher there were it is more relaxed and intimate there so
                              I hope to see some of the Ontario crew there again this year.

                              > Have a blast boys and good luck to all.
                              >
                              > iao

                              bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now at

                              Message 14 of 14 , Oct 7, 2008
                                Oh, okay. Well as long as they show up!!!! :-)