Two Russian Players Defect From Montreal

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25, 2007
      Somebody in Quebec is missing two plastic Russian players - Gusarov,
      who wears number 88, and Bure, who wears number 100. I assume these
      two Soviets were hoping to extend their careers this season by
      playing in Peterborough, Ontario, on the smaller ice surface of the
      Powerplay2 game!

      Carlo was with me when I took back from a Carleco game 2 goalies and
      a few players that were borrowed from my Powerplay2 game. (Carlo, I
      took back one player too many. I owe you one red Irwin flat player.
      LoL.) Anyway, I stuffed my players into my travel bag, all the while
      knowing that the two Russians were on my PP2 game in Ken's car. I
      only noticed them after I'd locked the car doors so I decided I'd go
      back in the hall, get the rest of my stuff then return the two
      Soviets before leaving. But then I got to talking to so many guys in
      the parking lot I forgot.

      I hope to play at Sherbrooke in November and I will return the
      players then but if, for some reason I'm unable to go, I'll be sure
      to send them along with someone who is (maybe Dave?) But I think the
      ccthf should conduct a stick measurement on these Russian players.
      The curved sticks they're using sure look illegal to me!

      On another note, I am now an idle GM worker. I've got some time on my
      hands. Here's some trivia I figured out today: Within a 7-day period
      I played a total of 61 Canadian Classic table hockey games. My
      accumulative record was 31 wins, 25 losses and 5 ties. On Sep.15, I
      compiled a 23-4-3 record at the Peterborough Powerplay2 Challenge
      then went 8-21-2 on the Coleco game at Montreal. Wow, I do have too
      much time on my hands, don't I? LoL.

      Cheers, Sid.