Down Web Sites...

  • Burt Brassard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2005
      Don't worry folks about our 2 Québec web sites, because the server "iquebec" will be down for 2 weeks, as it is being updated.  Check out the results from the "QO5" in mid-june, with the lifetime results included at: www.iquebec.com/quebecopen.  Our league website will be available also in mid-june: www.iquebec.com/uhtq .

      As for the tournaments being so close together, I agree with Bill.  What happened is that Mark held is on May 7th, 2 weeks after the JGG and 2 weeks before mine, being the first year he does it so late, because he started later to get involved in the preparation.  He had worked so hard last year to raise his numbers to 100 participants, that he wasn't interested to do as much work. Next year he will probably do it around the beginning of March as usual.

      As for Pierre Chastenais, his tournament was scheduled for June 11-12 in Montreal, but a "marriage reception" in the Rose Bowl hall forced him to advance his tournament 3 weeks earlier that planned.

      You always have unexpected things happen when you organize something, like a change of rooms or like me, La Cage Aux Sports who dropped me in mid-march, after giving me the OK at the beginning of February!  You have to deal with all kinds of unexpected stuff and people, even when you plan the best you can in advance!

      BURT