Re: Ranking System

  • aj5380
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 13, 2007
      Is the system that is used to award points in ONT and QUE top
      secret? My question is a simple one. What logic do you guys use to
      come with tournament points when there are X players, where X is a
      number from 1-50?
      aj5380

      --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, carlo bossio <bossiocarlo@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for this John, I was clear on it from your e-mail but I
      just wanted to make sure Ajit and Greg were on the same page here.

      > PS: I am sorry I cannot attend this year but know that I am
      still hoping to get one or two guys from the ATHL to attend.

      > Like you said, for those of you not in attendance their loss,
      and trust me, I will feel it on that day!!!!

      > colecojohnny <mrjohnpower@...> wrote:
      > The ACTHF is the "Federation" of classic table hockey in
      the USA.

      > On the Welcome Page of the ACTHF site, it says in black and white:
      > Jim Rzonca Owner/Operator.
      >
      > Jim therefore is the person who determines who handles the
      rankings
      > and the sanctioning.
      >
      > Until and unless others step up and take control of the National
      > Classic Table Hockey federation, or decide to begin their own
      > federation, my understanding is that he is the person who makes
      the
      > decisions.
      >
      > Hope this clears things up.
      > colecojohnny@...
      > John Power
      > PS: THanks for all the players who have signed on to the NY City
      > International Classic. I appreciate your support To all those
      > others who have not: your loss. When you have events, you will
      have
      > one player less.
      >
      > --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, carlo bossio <bossiocarlo@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Ajit, hello, all the info has been sent to Jim who I beleive
      along
      > with Mr. Thill are taking care of all this.
      > >
      > > I was told by John that Jim would be the one taking care of
      > things so if you, Greg and anyothers just contact one another to
      > finalize who is in charge of what exactly, things will be easier
      for
      > the communications. Thanks
      > >
      > > aj5380 <aj5380@> wrote:
      > > Merci Martin,
      > > I am open to suggestions. We have had 2 major Coleco 5380
      > > tournaments in the US in 2007. We had 13 in Las Vegas and 25 in
      > > Chicago. Could you send me the formula that we could use, or do
      > you
      > > have suggestions. I expect there will be about 30 players in New
      > > York City.You can send it to aj5380@ if it is a
      > > spreadsheet.
      > > with regards
      > > ..aj5380
      > >
      > > --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Labelle" <coleco@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Our current system is designed for at least 20.
      > > > A different system should be used for smaller events.
      > > > Our system is based on the fact that our tournament are
      > homogenous
      > > having about the same number of players and the same field
      > strenght
      > > in the top 20.
      > > >
      > > > Martin

      email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 13, 2007
        Hello Ajit, you best communicate with Jim to see in what direction he will be heading with the rest of the deciding party in the U.S. I sent him all the info.

        PS: What are the chances we see you in Montreal this year???? Rob to?

        Ciao

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 13, 2007
          Oh forgot to add, yes Ontario is using the Quebec system as well as created by Martin Labelle. Lots  of thought went into it and we are all grateful he has decided to share it with us.

          Ciao

        • Martin Labelle
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 14, 2007
            Here it is Ajit
            The following equation applies the Top 16 players
            where p is the final place of the players

                  ((16-p)/15)
             20                   +  20*((16-p)/(15)) + 10

            and here's the equation for the remaining players
            where p is the final place of the players and e is the total number of players at the event
            1+ 9*((p-e)/(p-17))

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 14, 2007
              Merci mon ami.
              This is exactly what I wanted.

              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 14, 2007
                Carlo,
                I am working on Rob. and there's NY which makes it really tough for
                use sicne they are so close together. I will let you know in the
                next 2 weeks. with regards
> [...]
                > > finalize who is in charge of what exactly, things will be easier
                > for
                > > the communications. Thanks
                > > >
                > > > aj5380 <aj5380@> wrote:
                > > > Merci Martin,
                > > > I am open to suggestions. We have had 2 major Coleco 5380
                > > > tournaments in the US in 2007. We had 13 in Las Vegas and 25
                in
                > > > Chicago. Could you send me the formula that we could use, or
                do
                > > you
                > > > have suggestions. I expect there will be about 30 players in
                New
                > > > York City.You can send it to aj5380@ if it is a
                > > > spreadsheet.
                > > > with regards
                > > > ..aj5380

                > > homogenous
                > > > having about the same number of players and the same field

                the web and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!