Re: [ccth] RE : Martin's set

    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2005
      Hi this is Carlo from Montreal. Did you come to the Quebec tournament? If so who are u

      d_j_hedley <dedley71@...> wrote:

      Salut everyone!

      We like you set a good deal Martin -- everyone in the NTHA enjoys it
      throughly.  We are still experimenting with finding a way to make the
      puck jump around a bit less on faceoffs.  I know from your videos you
      don't drop the puck for faceoffs, so you don't encounter the same
      problem we do.

      The look of the set is excellent, and it is very smooth.  Since I am a
      fast player, I thought your set would work to my advantage, but I was
      1-5 on it on the playoffs (I was 5-2 on our older sets).  I just need
      to spend some more time developing some plays that work on it.  Vito,
      also a fast player, is quite devastating on the set.  I usually have
      good sucess against him, but I couldn't do anything against him on
      your set.  :)

      As for whether or not we use it for the Goodguy "A" final, that's a
      decision that gets made by Pete and a few others the day of the
      Goodguy.  I can say for certain we are using it as one of the two
      boards in the NTHA league final tomorrow.  We are looking forward to
      the Leafs set, since Vito is the only Habs fan out of the 16 of us in
      the league.  I will be taking some digital snapshots for the Goodguy
      component of the NTHA website.

      See you next weekend, mon ami!

      ~D.