Re: Marinoff Exudes Superiority in Vancouver Tournie Tune Up!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2007
      Thank you, Dominic. Your statement, "this is an accomplishment for
      each of us as we embark on Coleco 5380 TH in Vancouver as the other
      game of choice" got my attention as a great choice of words. The
      sentence was not lost on Greg Scoma, either. I noticed that he quoted
      it in his post. Sentences like these show a healthy respect for all
      table hockey players and their choice of game regardless of what it
      might be. I like that. Cheers, Sid.

      --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, "Dominic Froome" <dominicf98@...> wrote:

      > Lou Marinoff showed us what it is to be a top player on the Coleco
      5380 today in
      > Vancouver. The Coleco Pacific Coliseum saw four players play a
      round robin and then a
      > playoffs to give Lou Marinoff a Lemont Tounrie tune up today. His
      offensive timing was
      > really on all day. Here were the round robin standings:
      >
      > 1)Marinoff....9-0-0-18-77-16-8.55-1.77-1 shutout.
      > 2)Klotz.........3-6-0-28-37-06-3.11-4.11-0 shutouts.
      > 3)Fink...........3-6-0-22-45-06-2.44-5.00-0 shutouts.
      > 4)Froome......3-6-0-19-48-06-2.11-5.33-1 shutout.
      >
      > Playoffs best of three series went as follows:
      >
      > 1)Marinoff versus 4)Froome:
      > Marinoff 6-4, Marinoff 12-3. Lou Marinoff wins 2 games to 0.
      >
      > 2)Klotz versus 3)Fink:
      >
      > Fink 5-1, Fink 5-2. Dave Fink wins series 2 games to 0.
      >
      > Finals series:
      >
      > 1)Marinoff versus 3)Fink:
      > Marinoff 8-2, Marinoff 8-2. Lou wins in a walk 2 games to 0.
      >
      > This was a day to really see what this game is about. Dave Fink,
      played very well and
      > ended up being the best of the remaining three players. Warren
      klotz was able to play Lou
      > Marinoff to a 7-6 round robin loss and I was able to battle Lou to
      a 6-4 loss in the
      > playoffs. This is an accomplishment for each of us as we embark on
      Coleco 5380 TH in
      > Vancouver as the other game of choice.
      >
      > Day one of playing against solid competition was an eye opener.
      Lou Marinoff only show
      > us how far away Coleco 5380 TH superiority in North America truly
      is. Thank you Lou,
      > Dave and Warren for playing some table hockey today in the Coleco
      Pacific Coliseum. The