Re: [ccth] Re: Ranking Schmanking

  • Steve Gosselin
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5 7:21 AM
      Hi Bill & Martin

      I think the difference is too great beetween the Stiga & the Classic to clearly seen the real value of the player if we merged the two categories. Indeed, we'll get a pretty good idea but two separates ranking will clearly indicate the true value of the ranking.

      Steve
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5 2:55 PM
        I agree that the rankings should be separate
        Ron

        --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, Steve Gosselin <shalat@v...> wrote:
        > Hi Bill & Martin
        >
        > I think the difference is too great beetween the Stiga & the
        Classic to clearly seen the real value of the player if we merged the
        two categories. Indeed, we'll get a pretty good idea but two
        separates ranking will clearly indicate the true value of the ranking.

        > Steve

        Service.
      • Rob Meer
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5 3:24 PM
          As a Coleco bigot for about 40 years, I recently bought the Stiga game to accommodate my son, and to be able to find common ground with the new TH players who only know Stiga.  We (Coleco players) all recognize vast differences between the games, and there are some subtle and some obvious skill differences required to play these games.  Rightfully, there is a Stiga ranking system.  Rightfully, there should be a Coleco ranking system.

          Guess what...?   There rightfully should be a general or combined ranking system that includes these games and others like Munroe, BOS, Game room, Benej, etc.

          While I believe there should be a Coleco-only ranking system, a combined ranking may be more meaningful in the world-wide TH environment we now live in.  Personally, since I live in Los Angeles (originally from Montreal) it is difficult for me to come back East (Ottawa, Sherbrooke, Quebec City, etc.) to attend Coleco tournaments, although I would dearly love to.  There are many available Stiga players here, though, and so I must find competition wherever I can.  Thank God that my long time friend and TH Partner Ajit (whom many of you know) lives only 60 miles away from me.

          The Stiga ranking is the only one that I can use as a guideline on how well I compare to others.  Forgive me, Great Coleco Goalie in the sky.

          Regards,
          Robert  (LAMEERKAT)

          I agree that the rankings should be separate
          Ron

          --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, Steve Gosselin <shalat@v...> wrote:
          > Hi Bill & Martin
          >
          > I think the difference is too great beetween the Stiga & the
          Classic to clearly seen the real value of the player if we merged the
          two categories. Indeed, we'll get a pretty good idea but two
          separates ranking will clearly indicate the true value of the ranking.

          > Steve

          Service.