King Carlo Detronned!!!!

  • bossiocarlo
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 27, 2007
      Wow, wow. WOW, unbeleivable!!!! I challenge anyone to find a tougher
      league than the ATHL Coleco Montreal! Like our Stiga buddy Mike
      Dimarco has said, I'd like to see these guys! They would probably
      have 3 arms and 4 eyes.

      After taking my brother Gino out in a O.T game 5 series Patrick Cote
      finished the Bossio Destruction against me in the Finals. Need I
      remind you that this young gentelmen lost to only me In MTl Classic
      Semi's 2007
      Me again in the 1/4 in Sherbrooke 2007, My bros in the 1/8 finals in
      Quebec 2007 and after leadin 3-0 in the best of 7 ATHL last year
      against me, lost 4-3 in our semi's!!!!

      Destruction you say? In 4 straight!!!!! What's frightneing is that
      even with 5 championships in 6 participations against the best (Gino,
      Angelo, Martin, Burt, Greg Peden, Dave, Lou, Junior, Kenny, Pat etc
      etc) and 5 ATHL cups in 6 years the only other winner being my
      brother, I never played as well as I did in this final!!!! Result,
      not even a damn win. I completley domminated the first 3 games but
      did only 1 mistake in each and he made me pay each time!!!!

      He did no mistakes, His goaler well, I cannot even begin to explain
      for the life of me how he did those saves. Add to that Lady luck was
      not on my side, not one fluck goal in 4 games and there you have it.
      Complete humiliation.

      The best part, he even trew in a 2-0 shut-out to boot in the last
      game!!!! Ah these youngsters, no respect.

      Go to see our association at:

      Aller voir, et laisser votre feed-back:
      http://www.hockeysurtablequebec.com/index.html

      Ciao, and if you read french check out the details there too. All are
      welcome for a shoot out. Ciao

      King Carlo (Detronned that is) Wonder if I must be called something
      else now Any suggestions?
    • dominic froome
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 27, 2007
        These Coleco games are excellent competition. MAny
        one goal games when playing the 5380. I noticed, in
        my series against AJ Sarma, that the first goal of a
        game is very important. In all six of the games in
        our "official rules" series the player who scored the
        first goal won each and every game. (Much like real
        hockey.)

        Sounds like you have a new challenge on your hands.
        This will make you a better player big guy! No hockey
        dynasty has won forever either. But the true great
        players rebound from this kind of adversity and find a
        new way to conquer those that are the biggest
        challenges.

        Dominic Froome
        Vancouver

        Bored stiff? Loosen up...
        http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 27, 2007
          Yes Dom, this Pat guy was in a zone yesterday! Even after the series he was telling everyone he couldn't see anything anymore. :-)

          I know the feeling as I'v been threw it many times. The feeling is incredible. Adrenaline, out of body experience, tunnel vision etc etc. This kid was fideling around like a shark very closly for a while now and yesterday was his explosion. I am very happy for him because you could see he wanted it, worked hard and now is highly recommpensated.

          Yes its only table hockey but can anyone denieye the feeling one gets after a hard fought triumph?

          The fun of the groupe, the freindship, the competion, the dissapointment of defeat, the thrill of victory, the looking forward to the next big event. The list is long.

          One day is all it takes. I had a 4-2 advantage in the Monday season and a 5-1 record on the Sunday ligue against Patrick. My bros was 2-2-2(Mon) and 3-1-2 on (Sun) against him. Yesterday Pat 8 Bossio's 1.

          Play-offs baby, a whole new blaa game, or should I say puck game. :-)

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 27, 2007
            Wow, Carlo. Here we go again. Not only do you and I come up with the
            same ideas at the same time, now we get the same result in our
            respective leagues - losing the final in a four-game sweep! So let's
            make a deal - You win the Quebec Open and I'll win the Oshawa Open,
            okay? Deal. This, of course, after I win the "C" division at
            Brampton. Ha ha!

            All these new champions are great for the game, though. Here's a
            quick summary of recent play:

            Aug.'06 - Justin Hawthorne ends Greg Peden's reign of 4 consecutive
            Powerplay2 championships and wins the Peterborough Challenge.

            Mar.'07 - Chad Maker sweeps defending champion Sid Kloosterman in 4
            straight games to win the PTHA playoff title.

            Mar.'07 - Dave Kraehling becomes the latest Powerplay2 champion by
            winning the Toronto Classic.

            Mar.'07 - Patrick Cote sweeps Carlo Bossio in 4 straight games to win
            the Montreal league playoffs. Wow!

            Should I say Cheers? Sure, why not.

            Cheers, Sid.

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 27, 2007
              One would not beleive that I am happy, I mean 4 straight Wow!!!!. but it is great for the game and thats sweet, so yes, Cheers. :-)

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 28, 2007
                Yeah... this is gonna be a sweeeeet year for the classic table hockey
                scene... It's great to see momentum shifts, as it keeps everybody interested
                and makes the B players take the plunge and become A players. Patrick is
                the "people's champ" for today, as beating Carlo has been done by ... like
                virtually NOBODY for the last year!!! Can we expect more surprises this
                year??? You bet! Watch out for Daniel Bordeleau, Burt Brassard and Junior
                Gelinas on Coleco; keep an eye on the Makers, Danny Saliani, and now Dave
                Kraehling on Powerplay2. If you think you are a top dog an any set... watch
                your back! Cause it looks like a new world order is on the way up!
                Congratulations Patrick!

                Mark

> [...]
                > > for the life of me how he did those saves. Add to that Lady luck
                >was
                > > not on my side, not one fluck goal in 4 games and there you have
                >it.
                > > Complete humiliation.
                > >
                > > The best part, he even trew in a 2-0 shut-out to boot in the last
                > > game!!!! Ah these youngsters, no respect.
                > >
                > > Go to see our association at:
                > >
                > > Aller voir, et laisser votre feed-back:
                > > http://www.hockeysurtablequebec.com/index.html
                > >
                > > Ciao, and if you read french check out the details there too. All
                >are
                > > welcome for a shoot out. Ciao
                > >
                > > King Carlo (Detronned that is) Wonder if I must be called something
                > > else now Any suggestions?
                > >

                >---------------------------------
                >Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the

                RealLiveMoms: Share your experience with Real Live Moms just like you
                http://www.reallivemoms.ca/
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 28, 2007
                  Correction Mark, it's been 2 years!!!! Hey sorry, I had to gloat because I think it is now over! There has been heavy smoke in the last year and now, the fire is out of control. lol

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 28, 2007
                    I like to see champions able to accept the occasional
                    defeat. Wins and losses. Ups and downs. It's all
                    about having a good time and sharing the winners floor
                    with many other contenders.

                    If anybody thinks they are unbeatable on any TH game
                    then they are foolish. Carlo will be back and it
                    won't take long either! Good to see TH games that can
                    offer up new winners once in a while. I bet Martin is
                    glowing in the upset. Parity, unpredictability and a
                    good time is as good as TH gets in my books! If a
                    player was truly unbeatable then he would never feel
                    the need to play.

                    Carlo, I can see that you are a classy champion and a
                    good sport as well. Humility is the key to any TH
                    endeavour being able to work well. Egos have got to
                    stop ruining this game for many. TH is too big for
                    any individual(s) to throw a blanket over it. This
                    classic table hockey community has got it right I
                    think!

                    Dominic Froome
                    Vancouver

                    It's here! Your new message!
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 29, 2007
                      Thanks Dom. Not only Martin is glowing beleive me. :-)

                      --- carlo bossio <bossiocarlo@ yahoo.ca> wrote:

> [...]
                      > boot in the last
                      > > > game!!!! Ah these youngsters, no respect.
                      > > >
                      > > > Go to see our association at:
                      > > >
                      > > > Aller voir, et laisser votre feed-back:
                      > > > http://www.hockeysu rtablequebec. com/index. html
                      > > >
                      > > > Ciao, and if you read french check out the
                      > details there too. All
                      > >are
                      > > > welcome for a shoot out. Ciao
                      > > >
                      > > > King Carlo (Detronned that is) Wonder if I must
                      > be called something
                      > > > else now Any suggestions?
                      > > >

                      > >----------- --------- --------- ----
                      > >Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at
                      > giving junk email the
                      > >boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

                      > RealLiveMoms: Share your experience with Real Live
                      > Moms just like you
                      > http://www.reallive moms.ca/

                      > Ask a question on any topic and get answers from

                      http://tools. search.yahoo. com/toolbar/ features/ mail/

                    • Dominic Froome
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 30, 2007
                        This is better than a salary cap! lol.