Re: [ccth] Re: Coleco Pacific Coliseum Opening Night!

  • Dave Kraehling
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 5, 2007
      Hey Dominic & AJ, can you imagine playing a 30 minute stop time game on Coleco? Back in the late seventies and early eighties when I was but in my late teens and early twenties, The TTHL played with Banana Blades and Metal players. We used to play a 36 game season and all games were stop time with statistics kept on every thing about the game. I still have my whole 1977 season on a note pad from game one to the last game in which I was put out in the play-offs. We even had an allstar game in which each position was represented by the top player in that position. One year I played half an allstar game because I had 3 representatives each representative garnered me 5 mins of playing time per player. I loved the stats because it let you know your opponents strengths as well as there weaknesses. In todays Table hockey we are all about getting as many games in as possible and not worrying about the stats. Lets get back to the roots of Tablehockey.
      Dave

      aj5380 <aj5380@...> wrote:
      Just when you think you know everything there is to know, along
      comes something new. Dominic, Thanks for introducing me to stop
      time. Initially, I had reservations, but as we progressed, I got
      into the groove and before long, I was into reeling
      off scoring plays with assists (and corrections) as we saw it.

      I really liked your idea about putting back 5 seconds back on the
      clock when a DOG (love that acronym) penalty is called. The stopped
      time with the TOG (time of goal) announcement, changes the focus of
      the game, based on that moment. That was a NEW experience. I don't
      think it is the same when we use running time.

      You did a fanstastic job recording the stats. The SCTHL will table
      both resolutions (DOG and TOG rules) at our next board meeting!

      Thanks Dom, and I look forward to playing you again.

      ...aj5380

      ____________ ___
      > http://mobile. yahoo.com/ mail

    • dominic froome
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 5, 2007
        30 minutes of stop time! Wow! That sounds like some
        serious exercise! I think 5 minute stop time games is
        perfect for the Coleco 5380. And 4.25 inche wide nets
        means you can have the 1-0/2-1 games as well as the
        6-4/7-5 games in this 300 second unit of stop time.
        These stock Coleco 4.25 inche wide nets are a good
        proportion for the 5380 game in my mind. Means a
        shutout is a real accomplishment and a goal is a big
        moment too. AJ I'm glad you think the stop time is
        worthy of discussions for the near future of the
        SCTHL. When you're 18 years old time is too slow.
        But when you're in your 30's, 40's or 50's then maybe
        the games should be slowed down a bit and the
        experience of a good game of table hockey can be held
        onto a bit longer. Let's give brains a chance to be a
        part of TH. Stop time should be adopted for Stiga by
        the ITHF, and it's officially global rules of the game
        and secondly by the followers of this political looney
        bin. Documenting the past can only add to the future
        and by joining the past with the present and the
        future you have got yourself some tradition. I need
        an early night tonight. What a Canuck game it was
        last night. 4-3 S.O. win over Minnesota. Three
        dark ales and a work day on Monday. More soon guys.

        === message truncated ===

        It's here! Your new message!
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 5, 2007
          Hey Dom, easy short post to read. :-) I also enjoy when they are long, but could you please make some spaces in between? My eyes hurt when it is all slammed in there stuck as one big blob. Thanks

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 5, 2007
            The MTL Classic 2 ran with 2 round robins of 5 minutes continued time, and all play-off games 5 minutes stopped time. This way, everyone starts and finishes at the same time in the first 2 rounds thus having an easier organisation, but in the play-offs, you have time to breath, stratigise, and have a more hockey like experience instead of the hurry, hurry environment of a 5 minutes running time. I found the compromise of the Stiga like events with the comprimise of Coleco to be a winning situation. Steve, you should maybe try it out for the Stiga event?

            Please, I don't want to hear, well that's how they do it in Europe!!!! That to me is a poor argument. If they jump from a bridge. will you follow?

            Peace

            === message truncated ===

            It's here! Your new message!
            http://tools. search.yahoo. com/toolbar/ features/ mail/

          • dominic froome
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 6, 2007
              I'll do my best Carlo. In fact i will go with a
              paragraphed written format from now on. lol.

              --- carlo bossio <bossiocarlo@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > > comfortable with
              > > this reality and really know where, along the
              > slots,
              > > the puck can not
              > > be swiped away by my opponent. Coleco is all about
              > > contested ice and
              > > defense can only improve with more games played.
              > For
              > > the record the
              > > second series does not count as part of my all
              > time
              > > record in the
              > > Pacific Coliseum as the rules were not the
              > official
              > > rules of the
              > > Coleco Pacific Coliseum. The goal differential is
              > > true reflection
              > > of the results more than the win/ loss records.
              > (AJ
              > > 32-26.) Here are
              > > the numbers for the Vancouver/Anaheim goals and

              === message truncated ===

              Don't pick lemons.
              See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
              http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 6, 2007
                Exellent buddy. :-)

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 7, 2007
                  Ahhh quit your whinning KC

> [...]

                  > Goalie...... 1-0-1 (Ridley.) 2.50 G.A.A and 1
                  > shutout.
                  > Left D......0-1-1 (Kearns.)
                  >
                  > Anaheim:
                  > Centre...... 8-0-8
                  > Right Wing..3-5-8
                  > Left Wing...2-5-7
                  > Left D......2-2-4
                  > Right D.....0-2-2
                  > Goalie...... 0-1-1
                  >
                  > All Pacific Coliseum Record for these Coleco
                  > Canucks:
                  > 2-2-2-18-15- 3.00-2.50- 1 shutout.
                  >
                  > All time Exhibition record on home ice:
                  > 0-4-0-8-17-2. 00-4.25-0 shutouts.
                  >
                  > Good to see you again AJ and I hope your flight back
                  > home is as
                  > enjoyable as these games we played today.
                  >
                  > Dominic Froome
                  > Vancouver Coleco Canuck

                  > Ask a question on any topic and get answers from

                  All new Yahoo! Mail -