Year in review 2006 Bill who ?

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2006

      For me , a year of spending each Saturday working and each Sunday at church . New out of town friends for me include Stephen Klump and Gino Bossio .     Dave , you'll walk the Coleco event . Practice Stiga and shock them there !  Happy holidays to all > Bill Garrett

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2006
        The year for me was all for the fun, no time in the sun....

        I had a great time, tried to mellow out and be less competitive and less
        stressed...

        The time for practice was out the window this year, so I did my best in
        entering most events pretty cold this year. It really wasn't about my
        performance anywats... it was all about Hawthorne this year! Next year I
        will do my best to be kicking HIS ass, as that whole student beating the
        teacher sydrome is almost in full swing! He is WAY good! We all have
        something to be afraid of in that young gun!

        Goals for 2007... back to top 3 in ccthf, seeing over 200 active members,
        and seeing a new ccthf event emerge (maybe a munro, or at least another
        PP2).

        T'was a great year boys! Time to lace 'em up for '07....

        Mark

        >From: "flyindutchman45" <sidkloosterman@...>
        >To: ccth@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [ccth] Re: Year in review 2006
        >Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 00:47:07 -0000
        >
        >Carlo, do you and I think about the same things at the same time all
        >the time? Today at work, I thought I might write something about
        >the '06 CCTHF season in review and, voila, here it is. You beat me
        >to it. So, thanks for the supplying the specifics because I hadn't
        >thought that far ahead yet.
        >
        >For those who don't know, Carlo and I hosted our first tourneys on
        >the same weekend in '05 (oops, my fault), the Montreal league began
        >on Nov.6 last year, the same day as our Peterborough league and
        >Montreal's playoff day was also played on the same day as ours on
        >March 5th.
        >
        >Now, Carlo, if only I could think the same way as you do while
        >playing table hockey then I would be ranked first. Oh well. I am the
        >best 14th-ranked player I know. If someone can show me another one,
        >well then I'll just...I'll tie him. That's what I'll do.
        >
        >Friendship and fun. Taking rivalries to new heights (Mark S), and
        >creating new ones (Dave K, Justin) were the highlights of my year.
        >
        >My first objective was to land a spot in the final-4 at Mike's
        >Hamilton tourney. Mr.Dave Kraehling ousted me in the round of 16.
        >
        >My next objective was win the Toronto Classic. Mr.Dave Kraehling
        >again ousted me in the round of 16.
        >
        >Then, in the midst of an extremely busy time, my only hope for
        >hosting the Peterborough Challenge was just to pull off. It barely
        >crossed my mind that I would actually play the games. I came within
        >one win of winning the damn thing. Go figure.
        >
        >And in Montreal I would make an "A" division appearance. Ya right.
        >There are just too many great Coleco players in Quebec for that to
        >happen. Doesn't mean I won't be back to play, though.
        >
        >For next year, the only objectives I have are for friendship and
        >fun. And oh yeah, rivalries!
        >
        >Cheers, Sid.
        >

        >--- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, "bossiocarlo" <bossiocarlo@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Well here is my year in review. I had a few objectives for 2006,
        > > here they are:
        > >
        > > 1- I wanted to have fun. I had a great time.
        > >
        > > 2- I wanted to meet lots of new people. Did just that.
        > >
        > > 3- I wanted to run a succesful tournament. From people's comments
        > > looks
        > > like that went well.
        > >
        > > 4- I wanted to not just finish at top Coleco standings like 2005,
        > > but at top
        > > of the CCTHF standings all together. Did That!!!!
        > >
        > > As a bonus my brother finished 2nd at the Coleco standins and 3rd
        >in
        > > the
        > > CCTHF standings.
        > >
        > > You can view the final standings Coleco only here:
        > >
        > > http://www.ccthf.com/mtlcoleco/ranking.htm
        > >
        > > Year in review, lets hear from others. Thanks and happy holidays.
        > > King Carlo

        Enter the "Telus Mobility Xbox a Day" contest for your chance to WIN! Telus
        Mobility is giving away an Microsoft Xbox� 360 every day from November 20 to
        December 31, 2006! Just download Windows Live (MSN) Messenger to your
        IM-capable TELUS mobile phone, and you could be a winner!
        http://www.telusmobility.com/msnxbox/