RE : Martin's set

  • d_j_hedley
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 17, 2005
      Salut everyone!

      We like you set a good deal Martin -- everyone in the NTHA enjoys it
      throughly. We are still experimenting with finding a way to make the
      puck jump around a bit less on faceoffs. I know from your videos you
      don't drop the puck for faceoffs, so you don't encounter the same
      problem we do.

      The look of the set is excellent, and it is very smooth. Since I am a
      fast player, I thought your set would work to my advantage, but I was
      1-5 on it on the playoffs (I was 5-2 on our older sets). I just need
      to spend some more time developing some plays that work on it. Vito,
      also a fast player, is quite devastating on the set. I usually have
      good sucess against him, but I couldn't do anything against him on
      your set. :)

      As for whether or not we use it for the Goodguy "A" final, that's a
      decision that gets made by Pete and a few others the day of the
      Goodguy. I can say for certain we are using it as one of the two
      boards in the NTHA league final tomorrow. We are looking forward to
      the Leafs set, since Vito is the only Habs fan out of the 16 of us in
      the league. I will be taking some digital snapshots for the Goodguy
      component of the NTHA website.

      See you next weekend, mon ami!

      ~D.
    • Martin Labelle
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 17, 2005
        Hi Dave,
        They don't drop the puck in Québec but we do in Sherbrooke.
        Nice to hear the game is being well accepted. The next one will be
        slightly different. First the bottom of the goal is no longer made
        with a mask but it's a plastic box that bring the puck to the player
        (under the rods) so you don't have to take it in the goal! Also it
        will be slower because it will not be a plexiglass surface. Now I use
        a vynil surface that's about the same feel as an original surface.
        This also allow me to offer different logos on every table!

        Martin

        --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, "d_j_hedley" <dedley71@h...> wrote:

        > Salut everyone!
        >
        > We like you set a good deal Martin -- everyone in the NTHA enjoys it
        > throughly. We are still experimenting with finding a way to make
        the
        > puck jump around a bit less on faceoffs. I know from your videos
        you
        > don't drop the puck for faceoffs, so you don't encounter the same
        > problem we do.
        >
        > The look of the set is excellent, and it is very smooth. Since I
        am a
        > fast player, I thought your set would work to my advantage, but I
        was
        > 1-5 on it on the playoffs (I was 5-2 on our older sets). I just
        need
        > to spend some more time developing some plays that work on it.
        Vito,
        > also a fast player, is quite devastating on the set. I usually have
        > good sucess against him, but I couldn't do anything against him on
        > your set. :)
        >
        > As for whether or not we use it for the Goodguy "A" final, that's a
        > decision that gets made by Pete and a few others the day of the
        > Goodguy. I can say for certain we are using it as one of the two
        > boards in the NTHA league final tomorrow. We are looking forward to
        > the Leafs set, since Vito is the only Habs fan out of the 16 of us
        in
        > the league. I will be taking some digital snapshots for the Goodguy
        > component of the NTHA website.
        >
        > See you next weekend, mon ami!
        >
        > ~D.
      • Martin Labelle
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 17, 2005
          Hi Dave,
          I forgot to say one thing.
          Regarding the Goodguy, I think it will be fair to use this set only
          if both player agree to use it. That's my suggestion.
          Regards,