Re: Coleco Pacific Coliseum Rule Book. (Dead spot corner circle faceoffs include

  • Dominic Froome
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 3 7:46 PM
      I bet he was tougher to play back in the seventies. We need a time
      machine!

      Dominic Froome
      Vancouver

      P.S. I have ordered a set of rods from Gord Warren for back up. I
      will need a little advice on how to cut and smooth the winger/ d men
      rods down to correct size. I don't expect to have to replace rods for
      a good long wihile but when I do I want the extras to be ready to go
      on a moments notice. Canucks 0 Los Angeles 0 in thew 1st period.
      Aggghhhh!

      --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, mlabelle@... wrote:

      > The only "recent" performance of Mr Marinoff was Quebec Open 2002.
      He was
      > eliminated in first round of the playoff by Pierre Béchard
      > Martin
      >
      > > Gino, have you ever played Lou Marinoff? Also do you
      > > know much of where he's at, as a player, these days.
      > > You should try to stage an exhibition playoff series
      > > with him. (Maybe a best of seven with some
      > > videography,
      > > print and radio media coverage.) Be cool to see some
      > > positive exposure for the game. Bridging the
      > > seventies with today with players that are of both
      > > time periods would be a Coleco retro and nostalgic
      > > thing to do. Lou Marinoff may still be a powerhouse
      > > on the 5380. I bet he'd really like the Labelle games
      > > too. Also, look at Steve Bernstein on Stiga today. He
      > > won the Gatineau Challenge and he's got to be close to
      > > or in his 50's by now! Maybe Steve was in the finals
      > > of the F1BC too!
      > >
      > > Dominic Froome
      > > Vancouver
      > >
      > > --- carlo bossio <bossiocarlo@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > They are not just gunning at me!!!! We're talking
      > > > maching guns if not Canons :-)
      > > >
      > > > Gino, Angelo, Martin, Burt, Junior, Dave, Greg &
      > > > many others are extremly great, great players and it
      > > > will be very hard to maintain top position on the
      > > > 5380 board. Hope your day with Ajit happens.
      > > >
      > > > dominic froome <dominicf98@...> wrote:
      > > > From what I can tell, you're the Rocket Richard
      > > > of
      > > > Coleco 5380 table hockey! Great picture with you,
      > > > the Habs jersey, the trophies and your Labelle
      > > > Montreal Forum game! If there's a Coleco Table
      > > > Hockey
      > > > Hall of Fame, somewhere on the map, then that
      > > > picture
      > > > of you should be in it! From what I can tell you're
      > > > the Coleco 5380 standard that all other players
      > > > strive
      > > > to surpass. I'm sure Martin, your brother, Burt and
      > > > others are all looking to get to that place! When
      > > > you're number one everyone is gunning for you. It
      > > > can
      > > > be tough. Enjoy the top of the monutain. It's a
      > > > place where the scenery is seen by very few no
      > > > matter
      > > > what the game is. AJ is going to run into a fiesty
      > > > and inexperienced Canuck if he makes it to Vancouver
> [...]
    • Dominic Froome
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 3 10:30 PM
        Final score:

        Canucks......0
        Los Angeles..1

        It really is starting to feel like 1970! Ed Jovonovski & Sami Salo
        hurt. Big line of Naslund, Bertuzzi and Morrison has fallen off by
        about 20 points per player this year. All big minus rating players.
        Canucks have a great second line in Sedin, Sedin and Carter. I say
        make Ed Jovonovski team captain next season. (Be sure to sign him to a
        two year deal of $5 million with performance based incentives that
        could hit $6 million.) Move Bertuzzi to Toronto for a second round
        draft pick. ($$$$ saved). Bert owns a home in Ontario and he needs a
        change of scenery. Stan Smyl to be the next head coach. (Coach
        Crawford a good coach but after 7 years is past due for a new coaching
        job in a new market. He still has two years to go on his contract at 2
        million per but we sell out the building every game and the team can
        afford to swallow this bullet to bring in a new coach.) Trevor Linden
        an assistant coach (retirement from playing this summer.) Jack
        Mcllhargey to stay on as blueline coach. Salo, Allen, Jovonovski,
        Bieksa, Brown, Bourdon (rookie), Brookbank extra body) on the
        blueline. (Good by Carney & Weinrich.) Markus Naslund, with two new
        linemates, on the top line. (Free agency signings. Players with more
        size and faceoff skills.) Sedin, Sedin and Carter to be the NHL's
        most potent second line. Move Richard Park to another team. Too small
        and unable to score constistently. Matt Cooke, Jarko Ruutu and Ryan
        Kesler on the third line. Josh Green, Brendan Morrison and a new
        signing or Manitoba promotion to fill in the shoes of #16 on the
        fourth line. Alex Auld number one goalie but Dan Cloutier pencilled
        in at number two with the intention to try and unseed Alex as the
        number one goalie. (Good tough goalie competition to push both
        goalies to get better but Alex Auld being the more durable and younger
        and statistically superior guy getting the nod as number one to begin
        the 2006-07 season. This team is still close to greatness but the top
        line is now a second line at best. Injuries, to key powerplay guys
        and a coach who has probably lost the game in and game out focus of
        his players frequently due to 7 years as a coach for one team says
        that what I have written is what this team needs to do! There not out
        yet but it's not looking good for this Canucks fan for this season.
        Love this game! Canucks make life great in VAncouver win or lose! Go
        Canadian teams go!

        Dominic Froome
        Vancouver

        --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, "Dominic Froome" <dominicf98@...> wrote:

        > I bet he was tougher to play back in the seventies. We need a time
        > machine!
        >
        > Dominic Froome
        > Vancouver
        >
        > P.S. I have ordered a set of rods from Gord Warren for back up. I
        > will need a little advice on how to cut and smooth the winger/ d men
        > rods down to correct size. I don't expect to have to replace rods for
        > a good long wihile but when I do I want the extras to be ready to go
        > on a moments notice. Canucks 0 Los Angeles 0 in thew 1st period.
        > Aggghhhh!
        >

        > --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, mlabelle@ wrote:
        > >
        > > The only "recent" performance of Mr Marinoff was Quebec Open 2002.
        > He was
        > > eliminated in first round of the playoff by Pierre Béchard
        > > Martin
        > >
        > > > Gino, have you ever played Lou Marinoff? Also do you
        > > > know much of where he's at, as a player, these days.
        > > > You should try to stage an exhibition playoff series
        > > > with him. (Maybe a best of seven with some
        > > > videography,
        > > > print and radio media coverage.) Be cool to see some
        > > > positive exposure for the game. Bridging the
        > > > seventies with today with players that are of both
        > > > time periods would be a Coleco retro and nostalgic
        > > > thing to do. Lou Marinoff may still be a powerhouse
        > > > on the 5380. I bet he'd really like the Labelle games
        > > > too. Also, look at Steve Bernstein on Stiga today. He
        > > > won the Gatineau Challenge and he's got to be close to
        > > > or in his 50's by now! Maybe Steve was in the finals
        > > > of the F1BC too!
        > > >
        > > > Dominic Froome
        > > > Vancouver

        > > > === message truncated ===

        > > Envoyé via / Sent via
        > > Les Services Internet ABACOM inc.
        > > http://www.abacom.com/
        > >
        > > Expéditeur / Sender: 207.134.65.20

      • Troy Desrosiers
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 4 4:17 AM
          AAAHH! Don't you dare suggest flogging that Bertuzzi
          goon on the Leafs! Bad enough (as a Leafs fan) I have
          to put up with Lindros being on the team! Worse still
          that they depend so much on old players (read: no good
          since the new rules)!

          I, as a Leafs fan, want nothing to do with a goon who
          can only attack from behind, instead of face-to-face!

          But anyway, how's life, Dom? ;)

          ---troy

          === message truncated ===

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • dominic froome
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 5 7:25 AM
            Life's busy. Work, work and more work. Doing well
            though. As for Bertuzzi? I can understand your point
            of view. I hope he isn't the NHL's biggest waste of
            talent. He could potentially be a terrific boost of
            offense but the Steve Moore incident is forever going
            to be chained to his image and never forgotten by
            most.
            Amazing how a split second can change everything!

            Dominic Froome
            Vancouver

            === message truncated ===

            http://mail.yahoo.com