    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2005
      hello to all group members.
      Martin has done a wonderful job in getting this going and we should all try
      to encourage the growth of classic table hockey across canada. firstly, try
      attending as many events as you can. see if you can organize a tourney in
      your area, so that there are more events available for players to attend...
      there is no shortfall of table hockey fans out there, just more exposure
      needed... there are several players from Alberta travelling to play in the
      Toronto Classic, and they are interested in starting an Alberta tournament
      perhaps even this year. they have a good base of players and will grow
      quickly I am sure.

      As for introductions, I started playing table hockey when I was a kid of 8
      or 9 years old and attended my first tourney when I was 17 or 18. When I
      got to university, I started a league (1999 i think) and it grew to 30
      active members playing scheduled games once a week. Some of the players
      that were in that league are still competitive today. (andrew ennals, john
      barnes, brad bell, and myself) More importantly, we started to get interest
      from the general public and in 2000 the league developed into the current
      Toronto Classic Table Hockey Championship. In 2000, there were 28 players
      competing, and in 2004, there were 94 players at the event. It grows fast
      with the right exposure...

      I am an elementary school teacher and I ran a league for 2 years at the
      first school I was employed at. That year, 8 kids got school board
      permission and a bit of travel money to compete at 2 events: the Hamilton
      Ontario tourney and the Toronto Classic. The league (in Douglas, Ontario)
      still exists today and around 30-40 kids play each year. It was considered
      a great success as the "team" travelled over 500 km to get to each of these
      events... some of the kids made the A pool too!

      anyway... that's my story...
      hope to see ya all at the next few events!

      Mark Sokolski

      MSN� Calendar keeps you organized and takes the effort out of scheduling
      get-togethers.
      first two months FREE*.