ontario table hockey championships

  • Mike Pope
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 1, 2006
      January 21,2006,Hamilton,Ontario ,any further info can be obtained by
      e-mailing playtablehockey@...
    • Mike Pope
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 11, 2006
        One week to go until the deadline to enter
      • Mike Pope
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 20, 2006
          January 20,2007 in Hamilton,entries out soon,questions @
          playtablehockey@...
        • Mike Pope
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 9, 2006
            january 20,2007-hamilton- get your enties in early
          • Mike Pope
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 21, 2006
              15 th annual- Hamilton,Ontario- 1st canadian classic event of the
              year.more info at playtablehockey@...
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 22, 2006
                C'mon, Mike. You got a big tourney coming up. Rah, Rah, Rah! How long
                are the games? How many games? What is the playoff format? WHAT ARE THE
                RULES? Let's put some gas in this sucker and see how fast she'll go!
                Cheers, Sid.

                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 10, 2007
                  Sadly this year's tournament has been cancelled due to poor
                  response.Hopefully next year we can get it going again.I will contact those
                  who sent their entry in.
                • Dave Kraehling

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 10, 2007
                      Well, it's a black day for the ccthf and certainly a step in the wrong
                      direction when a tourney is cancelled due to a lack of interest. And
                      this is no fault of Mike Pope's who has worked hard year after year and
                      provided a great tourney for the benefit of all of us. It was just two
                      years ago that I played at the Hamilton tourney for the first time.
                      There were 38 players at that tourney. Last year there were 26. I wish
                      I knew the answer as to why the bottom fell out this year but sadly, I
                      don't. Better luck next year, Mike. Hope to see at other tourneys
                      throughout the year. Sid.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 11, 2007
                        Mike made a tough decision, but hopefully other players will gain some
                        appreciation of the tireless bullshit that organizers go through before
                        realizing that it just isn't worth it...
                        Mike has run a great event for 15 years, and has organized countless other
                        tournies in his time being associated with table hockey in Canada. My first
                        event I ever attended was at his tournament, and my love for the game grew
                        from there.
                        He could have 16 or 20 guys registered right now, but is tired of waiting
                        for the non-committal dumbasses out there who, every year, seem to string
                        you along as if they will come - seemingly needing to make up their mind
                        last minute! Why bother inviting someone 2 months in advance?
                        He has a hall to pay for, food to provide, and other details to organize...
                        as all the organizers do! I have had this conversation with Burt a hundred
                        times... it is very frustrating, and Mike has stepped up and done what the
                        rest of us have never had the gumption to do... send a message that you
                        gotta shut 'er down if people do not follow the registration guidelines. I
                        am disappointed, as I love that event, but appreciate Mike's position.
                        Mark

                        >From: "flyindutchman45" <sidkloosterman@...>
                        >To: ccth@yahoogroups.com
                        >Subject: [ccth] Re: ontario table hockey championships
                        >Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 05:36:17 -0000
                        >
                        >Well, it's a black day for the ccthf and certainly a step in the wrong
                        >direction when a tourney is cancelled due to a lack of interest. And
                        >this is no fault of Mike Pope's who has worked hard year after year and
                        >provided a great tourney for the benefit of all of us. It was just two
                        >years ago that I played at the Hamilton tourney for the first time.
                        >There were 38 players at that tourney. Last year there were 26. I wish
                        >I knew the answer as to why the bottom fell out this year but sadly, I
                        >don't. Better luck next year, Mike. Hope to see at other tourneys
                        >throughout the year. Sid.
                        >

                        >--- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Pope" <playtablehockey@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Sadly this year's tournament has been cancelled due to poor
                        > > response.Hopefully next year we can get it going again.I will contact
                        >those
                        > > who sent their entry in.

                        Don�t waste time standing in line�try shopping online. Visit Sympatico / MSN
                        Shopping today! http://shopping.sympatico.msn.ca
                      • Mike Pope
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 11, 2007
                          > > >Thanks Mark - It's probably only something you could understand as
                          an organizer.

                          ___
                          > Don't waste time standing in line—try shopping online. Visit
                          Sympatico / MSN
                          > Shopping today! http://shopping.sympatico.msn.ca

                        • Jim Rzonca
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 11, 2007
                            Well im very sad to her this. News like this scares a guy like me.
                            Lots of love work and money goes into running these shows. Orginizers
                            need support or things can become not practical for the orginizer.
                            Thank goodness for Mike Pope! And for table hockeys sake i hope the
                            Hamilton show can continue next year.

                            Best Wishes
                            Jim Rzonca

                            --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Pope" <playtablehockey@...> wrote:

                            > Sadly this year's tournament has been cancelled due to poor
                            > response.Hopefully next year we can get it going again.I will
                            contact those
                            > who sent their entry in.

                          • dakhorse2005
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jan 11, 2007
                              --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Pope" <playtablehockey@...> wrote:
                              Shit! Was looking forward to it obviously! What can we do to prevent
                              this from happening next year?

                              Bernie :o(