855Re: Greg Peden

  • jeanjrgelinas
    Oct 2, 2005
      Hey Mark,

      I don't think I did not show respect to Greg. I told what I saw and
      told I don't like what I saw. I think to have no respect is more
      like when you speak from another one in his back, like private e-
      mail or in person to another people except the guy then you speak
      about. Greg is a legend, a very good players and everyone respect
      him for is good career. You can send to him anything I wrote I have
      no problem and we can discuss it anytimes.

      Junior

      --- In ccth@yahoogroups.com, "m c" <torontotablehockey@h...> wrote:
      > nicely said johny B..., Greg is a great competitor, and our table
      hockey
      > sport is one of pure competition... I like that about table
      hockey. It pits
      > one person against the other, and win or lose, it is a rush!
      > Beating Greg in a 7 game series has been the highlight of my 10
      year table
      > hockey career, and that is because you know you beat the guy that
      wants it
      > the most!
      > We all, including myself, have had moments of lack of
      sportsmanship shown.
      > So let's cut each other a bit of slack and show appreciation to
      one another
      > for being supportive of each other's events. I have my personal
      beefs with
      > Greg... and we solve them in person, not on a forum...
      > Let's keep the CCTHF a notch above the other chat rooms please.
      Show some
      > class, even when you feel someone else has not given you the same
      respect..
      > that will make you a better player as well as a better person.
      > mark
      >

      > >From: "John Barnes" <johnbarnes98@h...>
      > >To: ccth@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: Re: [ccth] Greg Peden
      > >Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 09:55:29 -0400
      > >
      > >It's funny...for the years I've been around table hockey, all
      I've heard is
      > >people complaining about Greg Peden...that he holds on to the
      puck for too
      > >long, that he is not very sportsmanlike, and that he does moves
      on certain
      > >boards that are cheap or unfair...
      > >
      > >And before I say this Burt, I preface it with the utmost of
      respect....

      > >The 5 second rule is too lenient. If you are a tournament
      organizer, and
      > >you
      > >hear complaints about people holding on to the puck for too long,
      (AND GREG
      > >IS NOT THE ONLY ONE TO DO THIS), it is the organizer's fault. Quit
      > >complaiining about the person, and start complaining to the rule
      maker. As
      > >well, most referees don't have the balls to call a player on it,
      which is a
      > >shame...
      > >We're all trying to be friends here and have a fun, competitive,
      > >good-natured community.
      > >
      > >But there will always be friction when some players have a
      greater desire
      > >win than others. I'm simply saying that some people will stop at
      next to
      > >nothing to win. Kinda like the New York Yankees spending 200
      million a
      > >year,
      > >or the Italian soccer team diving all over the pitch and crying
      to the
      > >referee...if major sports can curb these behaviors, why can't we?
      > >
      > >I can fully understand why Greg's competitive nature and
      gamesmanship can
      > >rub people the wrong way, but it can definitely be overcome. I
      saw Carlo
      > >use
      > >it as fuel in the Quebec Open to 'kick it up a notch' and bury
      Greg with 5
      > >goals in about a minute and a half...I guess it's all about how
      certain
      > >people respond to such adversity.
      > >
      > >And everyone, including Burt, if you think Bill is the only guy
      who likes
      > >Greg, you can add my name to the seemingly small list.
      > >
      > >John Barnes

      > Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built on patented
      Microsoft®
      > SmartScreen Technology.
      > http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-
      ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Ma
      rket_MSNIS_Taglines
      > Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and
      get the
      > first two months FREE*.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic