843Re: [ccth] Greg Peden

    Oct 1, 2005
      nicely said johny B..., Greg is a great competitor, and our table hockey
      sport is one of pure competition... I like that about table hockey. It pits
      one person against the other, and win or lose, it is a rush!
      Beating Greg in a 7 game series has been the highlight of my 10 year table
      hockey career, and that is because you know you beat the guy that wants it
      the most!
      We all, including myself, have had moments of lack of sportsmanship shown.
      So let's cut each other a bit of slack and show appreciation to one another
      for being supportive of each other's events. I have my personal beefs with
      Greg... and we solve them in person, not on a forum...
      Let's keep the CCTHF a notch above the other chat rooms please. Show some
      class, even when you feel someone else has not given you the same respect..
      that will make you a better player as well as a better person.
      mark

      >From: "John Barnes" <johnbarnes98@...>
      >To: ccth@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [ccth] Greg Peden
      >Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 09:55:29 -0400
      >
      >It's funny...for the years I've been around table hockey, all I've heard is
      >people complaining about Greg Peden...that he holds on to the puck for too
      >long, that he is not very sportsmanlike, and that he does moves on certain
      >boards that are cheap or unfair...
      >
      >And before I say this Burt, I preface it with the utmost of respect....
      >
      >The 5 second rule is too lenient. If you are a tournament organizer, and
      >you
      >hear complaints about people holding on to the puck for too long, (AND GREG
      >IS NOT THE ONLY ONE TO DO THIS), it is the organizer's fault. Quit
      >complaiining about the person, and start complaining to the rule maker. As
      >well, most referees don't have the balls to call a player on it, which is a
      >shame...
      >We're all trying to be friends here and have a fun, competitive,
      >good-natured community.
      >
      >But there will always be friction when some players have a greater desire
      >win than others. I'm simply saying that some people will stop at next to
      >nothing to win. Kinda like the New York Yankees spending 200 million a
      >year,
      >or the Italian soccer team diving all over the pitch and crying to the
      >referee...if major sports can curb these behaviors, why can't we?
      >
      >I can fully understand why Greg's competitive nature and gamesmanship can
      >rub people the wrong way, but it can definitely be overcome. I saw Carlo
      >use
      >it as fuel in the Quebec Open to 'kick it up a notch' and bury Greg with 5
      >goals in about a minute and a half...I guess it's all about how certain
      >people respond to such adversity.
      >
      >And everyone, including Burt, if you think Bill is the only guy who likes
      >Greg, you can add my name to the seemingly small list.
      >
      >John Barnes

      Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built on patented Microsoft�
      SmartScreen Technology.
      first two months FREE*.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic