4445Merry Christmas \ Table Hockey

  • Sabre
    Dec 21, 2011
      To My Table Hockey Friends,

      I thought the following poem would convey my thoughts and wishes for you this time of year. I know many of us have a fond memory of our first table hockey game often linked to a Christmas morning many years past. Though the brilliance of its details may have faded from your memory, may the warmth it provided continue to warm your heart and soul this Christmas morning.

      Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones!
      ~Sabre in Virgina~

      A Christmas Poem by Helen Steiner Rice

      I have a list of folks I know, all written in a book
      And every year when Christmas comes, I go and take a look,
      And that is when I realize that these names are a part
      Not of the book they are written in, but really felt in my heart

      For each name stands for someone who has crossed my path sometime,
      And in the meeting they've become the rhythm in each rhyme
      And while it sounds fantastic for me to make this claim,
      I really feel that I'm composed of each remembered name

      And while you may not be aware of any special link
      Just meeting you has changed my life a lot more than you think
      For once I've met somebody, the years cannot erase
      The memory of a pleasant word or of a friendly face

      So never think my Christmas cards are just a mere routine
      Of names upon a Christmas list, forgotten in between,
      For when I send a Christmas card that is addressed to you,
      It is because you're on the list that I'm indebted to

      For I am but a total of the many folks I've met,
      And you happen to be one of those I prefer not to forget
      And whether I have known you for many years or few,
      In some ways you have a part in shaping things I do

      And every year when Christmas comes, I realize anew,
      The best gifts life can offer is meeting folks like you.
      And may the spirit of Christmas that forever endures
      Leave its richest blessings in the hearts of you and yours

      Merry Christmas to All,
      ~Sabre in Virginia~
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic