4112Re: [ccth] Re: PETERBOROUGH CHALLENGE - A TOURNEY of FIRSTS

    Oct 7, 2008
      Oh, okay. Well as long as they show up!!!! :-)

      --- On Tue, 10/7/08, flyindutchman45 <sidkloosterman@...> wrote:
      From: flyindutchman45 <sidkloosterman@...>
      Subject: [ccth] Re: PETERBOROUGH CHALLENGE - A TOURNEY of FIRSTS
      To: ccth@yahoogroups.com

      That was just a few days ago, Carlo, that we had 4 PAID entrants. We
      now have 5 since my buddy, John Maxwell, dropped by Saturday. Seems
      most of the players are waiting 'til the last minute to pay this year
      but we've had close to 30 committed players for a long time.

      Sid.

      --- In ccth@yahoogroups. com, carlo bossio <bossiocarlo@ ...> wrote:

      > Wow, you scared me for a minute a few weeks back Side when you said
      you only had 4 and were making references to the tourney that got
      cancelled. Now all of a sudden 31!!!!!!!!!

      > Great stuff, have a blast guys and looking forward to the results.
      >
      > PS: Don't forget to mention at that event and for yourselves as
      well that Sherbrooke is on the 15th. Its very much a great Table
      Hockey atmospher there were it is more relaxed and intimate there so
      I hope to see some of the Ontario crew there again this year.

      > Have a blast boys and good luck to all.
      >
      > iao

      Come
      > test your skills against some of the best PP2 players anywhere -
      Greg
      > Peden, Dave Kraehling, Dennis Doherty, Mark Sokolski, Bill
      Holdcroft,

      <sidkloosterman@ ...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Peterborough Challenge IV, played on Irwin Powerplay2 and set for
      > > Oct. 18, promises all the thrills and excitement that our first
      > three
      > > events did. And here are a few points of interest. The
      Peterborough
      > > Challenge tourney was the first in Ontario to offer:
      > >
      > > - A buffet lunch that's served twice - once at noon then again at
      4
      > > pm! And it's a home-cooked buffet lunch that offers your choice
      of
      > > roast beef, ham or turkey plus a whole lot more!
      > >
      > > - Bottled water, coffee and tea at no extra cost!
      > >
      > > - A double round robin format that matches players of similar
      > ability
      > > for the second round robin!
      > >
      > > - All tabletop games mounted and secured on 4-inch-high mini-
      tables
      > > equipped with levelling screws!
      > >
      > > - Scoreboards visible from a distance that display the score from
      > > both sides of the game!
      > >
      > > All this and more ensures a lot of bang for your buck. Entry fees
      > > remain at a low rate of $30 for adults and $15 for students.
      > >
      > > The following is a general layout for Peterborough Challenge IV:
      > >
      > > - Each player will play eight games before lunch then seven games
      > > after lunch against their closest rivals according to first round
      > > standings.
      > >
      > > - A wildcard playoff round will take place.
      > >
      > > -All playoff series will be best 3 of 5 series. Players who lose
      > > playoff series will be eliminated from further play. Championship
      > > Series in all divisions will be best 4 of 7 series.
      > >
      > > This tourney is the only classic flat players tourney scheduled
      for
      > > the month of October in Eastern Canada. We cordially invite you
      > > peaceful, small-town Peterborough, Ontario, to get your tourney-
      fix
      > > playing this non-stop-action, rock 'em, sock 'em PP2 game. And
      you
      > > are sure to make new friends and add many great memories!
      > >
      > > Cheers, Sid.

      > Yahoo! Canada Toolbar: Search from anywhere on the web, and
      bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now at