      From: flyindutchman45 <sidkloosterman@...>
      Subject: [ccth] Re: PETERBOROUGH CHALLENGE - A TOURNEY of FIRSTS
      To: ccth@yahoogroups.com

      Thirty-one players now confirmed for Peterborough Challenge IV! Come
      test your skills against some of the best PP2 players anywhere - Greg
      Peden, Dave Kraehling, Dennis Doherty, Mark Sokolski, Bill Holdcroft,
      Jim Maker, Justin Hawthorne plus many up-and-comers.

      The loveable PP2 game is Ontario's most popular and is viewed by many
      as the "Boston Garden" of table hockey. The action is fast, intense
      and loads of fun! Pucks drop at 10 am. Saturday October,18. Don't
      miss this one!

      Cheers, Sid.

      --- In ccth@yahoogroups. com, "flyindutchman45" <sidkloosterman@ ...>
      wrote:

      > Peterborough Challenge IV, played on Irwin Powerplay2 and set for
      > Oct. 18, promises all the thrills and excitement that our first
      three
      > events did. And here are a few points of interest. The Peterborough
      > Challenge tourney was the first in Ontario to offer:
      >
      > - A buffet lunch that's served twice - once at noon then again at 4
      > pm! And it's a home-cooked buffet lunch that offers your choice of
      > roast beef, ham or turkey plus a whole lot more!
      >
      > - Bottled water, coffee and tea at no extra cost!
      >
      > - A double round robin format that matches players of similar
      ability
      > for the second round robin!
      >
      > - All tabletop games mounted and secured on 4-inch-high mini-tables
      > equipped with levelling screws!
      >
      > - Scoreboards visible from a distance that display the score from
      > both sides of the game!
      >
      > All this and more ensures a lot of bang for your buck. Entry fees
      > remain at a low rate of $30 for adults and $15 for students.
      >
      > The following is a general layout for Peterborough Challenge IV:
      >
      > - Each player will play eight games before lunch then seven games
      > after lunch against their closest rivals according to first round
      > standings.
      >
      > - A wildcard playoff round will take place.
      >
      > -All playoff series will be best 3 of 5 series. Players who lose a
      > playoff series will be eliminated from further play. Championship
      > Series in all divisions will be best 4 of 7 series.
      >
      > This tourney is the only classic flat players tourney scheduled for
      > the month of October in Eastern Canada. We cordially invite you to
      > peaceful, small-town Peterborough, Ontario, to get your tourney-fix
      > playing this non-stop-action, rock 'em, sock 'em PP2 game. And you
      > are sure to make new friends and add many great memories!
      >
      > Cheers, Sid.

      Instant message from any web browser! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic