2590RE: [ccth] Toronto Classic

    Feb 1, 2007
      Is Duane Rendle still at SMC? I know he is very familiar with the event, so
      I could work that angle through him. If you think you can do the 'leg work'
      ... thats's great! I can never make calls during the day and I am never in
      Toronto personally to do anything. I love the idea... shoulda done
      something like that sooner. I always advertised on campus when I was there,
      but not too many responses came from that . Maybe if you do it as a more
      organized thing as part of the Cup it would be a cool idea with the boys.
      MArk

      >From: "John Barnes" <johnbarnes98@...>
      >To: ccth@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: RE: [ccth] Toronto Classic
      >Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 23:13:16 -0500
      >
      >Mark,
      >
      >I'll be there...guaranteed.
      >
      >My suggestion is that since you always have it at the same venue, why not
      >try to entice people who live on the campus? Allow one residence to send 1
      >person each for free, and every other person for $10...
      >
      >It might spark some fire between dorms, and if you can get a board out to
      >each common room and speak with the dons about it, they might be able to
      >make it a part of their Challenge Cup. Have a pre-tourney before the
      >tourney, so that they're not quite beginners when the tourney rolls around.
      >
      >Let me know if you like the idea - and if you want me to do the leg work
      >I'll be happy to give it a go.
      >
      >Youth might be what we need.
      >
      >JB
      >

      > >From: "mark" <torontotablehockey@...>
      > >To: ccth@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [ccth] Toronto Classic
      > >Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 02:26:05 -0000
      > >
      > >Any suggestions from the people out there for making the tourney more
      > >enjoyable in any way, shape, or form?
      > >
      > >I am opening the doors to new players an hour early and serving coffee
      > >and donuts... give rookies a chance to meet experienced players and
      > >learn a few basic tips from the pros. (I think Greg Scoma suggested
      > >this a while back)
      > >
      > >Any ideas for timing? format? scheduling? etc??? anything that
      > >returning players would like to see any different?
      > >
      > >Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
      > >
      > >MARK
      > >
      > >TORONTO -- Sat. March 17th... will you be there???

      Buy what you want when you want it on Sympatico / MSN Shopping
      http://shopping.sympatico.msn.ca/content/shp/?ctId=2,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=081805
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic